Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO K.N.S and other young users.

First of all I want to point out that I have nothing against you K.N.S or pretty much anyone else on here. I dont know you.

I dont want to make it appear that I am just having a go at you.

But, my key feeling when it comes to the issue of drugs is harm reduction because of this I can not just give you advice on how to use pills without pointing out the down sides.

MDMA is a strong drug, it is a dangerous drug, there is NO getting away from that. Yes lots of people use it, yes lots of teenagers use it. But that makes fuck all difference to the danger of it.

Personally I think using a drug such as MDMA when your brain is in such an important stage of development is foolish.

I am happy to go out of my way to help you use the drug safely if you are going to anyway. But well, if you are old enough to use it then you should be old enough to justify why you are using it.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: FAO K.N.S and other young users.
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Personally I think using a drug such as MDMA when your brain is in such an important stage of development is foolish.

the exact reason i wouldn't touch the stuff

Luby
  • Options
    I dont want to just fall into the 'Just Say No' situation, I'm just saying consider your actions very seriously.
  • Options
    MDMA can be used very effectively in therapy, but isnt because under law it has no medical use.

What I meant by 'justify' is that, well you can at least show you have thought about it, not that you have just gotten some pills off a mate and plan to neck them.

I know that I am sounding a lot like someones mum, and I really wanted to avoid that. I just think this is a very serious issue, I am deeply concerned over the number of teenagers using pills, I think it is a very scary development and it will lead to an increase in the number of deaths.
  • Options
    I cant help but notice that none of the Mod's or anyone else for that matter is backing me up on this issue, so, well I guess I'm on my own. I still think my point is valid though.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Doing any kind of drug while you're body's still developing is a bad idea - not just MDMA. Alcohol will seriously affect a young persons liver (especially with the binge drinking that common amoung teens). I agree a lot with what you're saying bong but it wouldn't be right for me to 'back you up' - I started doing pills when I was still quite young and I havn't regretted it - I would do it all over again. If I hadn't I wouldn't have enjoyed the 90's raving that I did.

By far the worse drug that I took when I was young was dope. It made me lethargic and seriously affected my school and college work.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

I just think this is a very serious issue,

Agree totally and im please someone with your knowledge has taken time out to try and offer help/advice to people.

I hope in turn they at least listen to what you have to say and if they have questions ask. If people are made more aware of effects then that can only be a good thing :thumb:
  • Options
    i nominate bong for headmaster of the drugs forum.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i nominate bong for headmaster of the drugs forum.

Seconded.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive

By far the worse drug that I took when I was young was dope. It made me lethargic and seriously affected my school and college work.

wow... is it just me or what?? i feel sooooooooo much better when i smoke. my head is clear of worries, and problems, i feel good with myself, i feel better E.G. it gives me some restbite from this natsy stuff i have
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    wow... is it just me or what?? i feel sooooooooo much better when i smoke. my head is clear of worries, and problems, i feel good with myself, i feel better E.G. it gives me some restbite from this natsy stuff i have

How long you been smoking the stuff?

That'll soon end.

Kns: pills, take them, you'll love it.
  • Options
    since the begining of summer, but joints (because we only used to do space cakes and bongs before) since october
  • Options
    Shogun, it really depends on the type of the cannabis you use.

I will accept the post of Headmaster. Grudgingly.

Skive; I can see your point, well, I still think its dangerous, not for all teens of course, but its still a risk I wouldnt want to take.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I cant help but notice that none of the Mod's or anyone else for that matter is backing me up on this issue, so, well I guess I'm on my own. I still think my point is valid though.

Sorry to bump this thread up again, but, as the Headmaster rightly pointed out, none of the mods backed him up on this and that was remiss of us. Particularly because my personal view is the same as Bong's, there is little enough research on the long term effects of dropping E's every weekend as it is, but it stands to reason that the more you mess with your body when your hormones are making changes, the more likely it is that you will do yourself some long lasting damage.

It scares me a bit too, I can't see that there is really any need for it, what do you have to look forward to when you have been there done that before you are even 18? Your experience of life becomes so narrow.....
  • Options
    Cheers for the somewhat slow support LadyJade. I think it is the price of them that is most conerning to me, they have fallen so quickly. They were 10 pounds each in a club when I first went out a few years ago, now they're down to 1 or 2 quid a piece.
  • Options
    Sorry Sir. Do you think that is part of the reason they aren't taken seriously as a class a any more, because they are so affordable?
  • Options
    Certainly, I mean they are just sweets now arent they, and with each one only having about 40-50mg of MDMA in you have to take a few to feel anything. This is pretty dangerous because people get used to double/tripple dropping and if a decent one comes along...

You can get a proper handful of pills for 20 quid now, there arent many teenagers who cant afford to spend 5-10 quid on pills for a night. Cheaper and easier to get in some cases than boose.
  • Options
    I suppose that is exactly why the argument for education and regulation is so persuasive, pills have become too cheap and too easy to get, and are used by people who don't know what is in them & don't understand the dangers.
  • Options
    Exactly, most pills now are too weak to really be a danger in of themselves, but thats a moot point if your taking 5+ in a night.

Your totaly right, it is an education issue, and that was the point of me writing this thread in the first place, I wanted to point out that MDMA is a dangerous drug. I am a bit disapointed the KNS hasnt replied.

Theres also the trend of doing a few pills down the pub which is quite scary. Few a couple of quid you can liven up your night on the piss, the risks of this seem to be ignored by people who really do understand the risks.

My mates for example, they know its dangerous, but well they just dont give a shit sometimes and will knock back 4-5 pints with a couple of pills.
  • Options
    I am a bit disapointed the KNS hasnt replied.
    That is another reason I bumped the thread up - I would be interested to hear KNS's (and others) point of view....

My mates for example, they know its dangerous, but well they just dont give a shit sometimes and will knock back 4-5 pints with a couple of pills.
    That is the danger of it becoming a lifestyle choice, I know a few people who are guilty of that and it makes me wonder why they bother, and whether it has become a social dependency......
  • Options

oh, i completly back you on this..

I for one, have to admit to taking strong drugs much before the age of 18. I was actually very irrisponsible the first time i took pills, knew absolutely nothing about what i was doing.. i think being a teenager is about, not just your body developing, but your mind, discovering who you are. Sometimes drugs can aid that. Sometimes it can be very detremental.

Before drugs i was straight As and A* my mum had dreams of me studying at Cambridge (maybe that was just a pipe dream) i was bubbling with ambition. When i was heavily into pills and such like, i dropped out of school, bunked from year 10 onwards, i dropped out of college i had no ambition whatsoever.

Now ive layed off, and im finding me again.

I am with you one the dangers when your body and mind are developing, but i think something just as bad is the effect it can have on a teenagers personality, attitude and thoughts...
  • Options
    Completely Minxy. What is the damn hurry anyway, why not wait until school is over and you have yourself a bit more established? Easy to say in hindsight too I guess....
  • Options
    Thats the thing, you learn so much in hindsight, and i do have regrets. Id be at university now instead of taking my AS exams this summer if i hadnt started class As so early...

Thing is, anybody can give advice, my parents and teachers gave me advice i ignored it thinking they were talking out their arses. They were very right, i was very wrong.

Not many people listen, people think they know best, even if they really respect the person giving adicve to them, wish i had listened!
  • Options
    I'm sorry things went a bit sideways for you Minxy, it does sound like your really back up there though, well done.

I suppose telling a teenager to wait 4 years, well thats nearly a 1/4 again of their life! I just want teenagers to make informed and sensible choices, but then I guess if they could always make sensible choices teenages will have changed a lot since I was one.
  • Options
    I guess being a teenager is about making mistakes and learning from them, its the only time in your life where you really can get away with making mistakes...

Lessons are better learned through hard experience.
  • Options
    Yeah, but there is a difference between that kind of lesson learning, which all of us go through, and is actually almost to be encouraged so that teenagers can grow and overtly dangerous choices.

Put basically no-one knows how dangerous doing MDMA is when you are older and fully grown and to a developing brain and personality it could be seriously detremental.

Its hard, I dont know the answer.
  • Options
    That is the hardest thing though, knowing you can't interfere with someone elses decision, but at the same time not wanting them to mess up badly. At least, as you keep saying Bong, the choice needs to be an informed one even if it isn't the best one...

Minxy, this is just where your choices took you and its not necessarily a bad thing - think of how much wiser you feel now, and how much more it will mean to you to pass your exams and get sorted....
  • Options
    I guess I keep coming back to what I would say if I had a teenager son/daughter. I wouldnt want to lie to them about what I had/have done, but at the same time thats blatently going to be seen as "well he did it why cant I?".

I would be totaly against them doing it, but if they were I would want to know, if your too openly against it they wont tell you and if your not enough against it then they maybe wont take the choice seriously!

I am FAR to young to be a parent, I couldnt handle all that.
  • Options
    I dont know about that... maybe younger kids would act like that, i dont think teenagers would.

the only time i have actually listened to my parents when they have advised me not to do something is when they have done it.

My dad run away from home to Ireland when he was 12, didnt go to school just a few night classes, he was a bar man eventually. Ended up with a daughter by the age of 17, when he told me that i had already dropped college, he told me how much he regretted not getting a chance to go to school, for various reasons. And i can see how much it affected him it gave a bit of a boost and really encouraged me to go back and study.
  • Options
    I couldn't handle it either, mostly because there is no way of telling what reaction someone will have, not matter how strict or liberal your attitude is.

It all comes down to that old cliche, but how true it is - you can't actually know what everyone is trying to tell you until you experience it yourself. I think with drug taking there are subtleties that you just cant understand if you aren't a drug taker yourself, and it appears that a lot of those small changes that occur in your life and attitude when you take drugs are the ones that come and bite you in the end.
  • Options
    bong; you say there about your mates going down the pub and taking a few pills and pint, last weekend i went out, got pissed and ended up in a pub, a friend of mine offered me some pills, i took them, £5 a pop though and they were quite good, when i come to think about it i was pissed, 1 liter of buckfast and some mouthfuls of other alcopops(not mine) then a pint in the pub..next thing the friend walks up and offers me some.

I'm thinking of getting some again this weekend and then none again until St.Paddys day(big irish day) but i don't know whether to try them again this weekend, it's only been a week, see how it goes though.