Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO K.N.S and other young users.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The only way anyboady can learn from drugs, learn to respect them or whatever is when they get kicked up the arse. Or, from something outside of the drugs making them take a good hard look at themselves. I was a bit of both.

I think as long as teenagers respect drugs it can be a learning curve, but i guess if teenagers really did respect them, maybe they wouldnt do them for a while longer..
  • Options
    Shogun, doing pills with alcohol is dangerous, please be careful, I dont want to wander off into a lecture because I'm finding myself doing that more often on here and I dont think it makes any difference.

Respect yourself and your body and be careful.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Unfortunately it seems as though lots of people take pills after drinking shedloads because it seems like a great idea when you are all pissed up, with little or no thought for the highly increased risk or for the increase in the damage to your body.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I guess I keep coming back to what I would say if I had a teenager son/daughter.

Precisely why i'm following this thread. I've an 11 year old daughter and I will soon want to be educating her on drugs. My line won't be that i'm dead against it so don't do it. Nor will it be, i've done it but you mustn't.

I can't determine exactly which line to take though. I feel the way i've treated her so far will go a long way though. I've never spoken to her like a child and i'm told by my girlfriend that the way I explain things to her is brilliant and she sees that she takes it all in, as opposed to patting her on the head and sticking a lolly in her mouth.

This one's going to be a little different to the subjects we've covered over the last 7 years or so.

Any help/advice will be taken on board...
  • Options
    I never thought you were that old andy..always thought you were alot younger.

I think the best way is to let children get into drugs their own way if they are even going to and since you've taken drugs before you would probably know the signs and stuff, let them learn.

Talk to them about it a bit but don't go overboard on it.
  • Options
    Good luck Andy! What experiences has everyone else had in regards to their parents 'drugs talk'?

Maybe someone could start a new thread, we don't want to hijack the Headmaster's thread :nervous:

Besides, I'm still waiting for K.N.S et al to give us their opinion........
  • Options
    The problem is getting the right balance between treating them like a child and like an adult. And obviously you dont want to be too matey with them, I knew a few kids at school who were really good friends with their parents, girls with a single mum mainly who were a bit wierd.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Unfortunately it seems as though lots of people take pills after drinking shedloads because it seems like a great idea when you are all pissed up, with little or no thought for the highly increased risk or for the increase in the damage to your body.

oh completely... i never seem to fancy pills anymore unless ive had a drink (which is quite rare) i beg my fella to give me some, but luckily he remains the sensible one and says no.. if it wasnt for that id be a drunken pill head!

similarly, when im on pills it always seems like a good idea to do acid, and i promised myself id never do acid, but it happened.

In response to what budda said im friends with a few girls, who have mothers who have done the drugs thing, are liberal with them and while they dont approve of their daughter taking drugs the whole attitude is a very matey one. The girls dont thank their parents for it one bit.
  • Options
    If you can get it right Minxy, acid and pills can be really good, but I have found that in the main its a bad idea, and given how I have felt afterwards god only knows what it does to your body.
  • Options
    Well i never noticed anything off the acid, i just felt like i had taken another pill. I think the main problem i had with doing that, was that i had promised myself i wouldnt take acid. And all the promises i made myself when i was younger i seem to have broken. I had issues with myself, more than issues with health concerns if that makes sense.
  • Options
    I know what you mean, if your worrying about it then doing acid is even less of a good idea. Fuck I havent done the stuff in years now and I still dont really fancy it again.
  • Options
    Mmm i can imagine going into acid feeling unsure isnt going to be ideal for a brilliant night of tripping. More like suicidal.
  • Options
    Acid can be quite dark thats for sure, its always interesting though, and its a good way of learning about your friends, if they turn on you and go wierd you know somethings up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Andy_Booth

Precisely why i'm following this thread. I've an 11 year old daughter and I will soon want to be educating her on drugs. My line won't be that i'm dead against it so don't do it. Nor will it be, i've done it but you mustn't.

Any help/advice will be taken on board... [/B]

Andy, it gives me hope that you are interested in what everyone here has to think, there is another thread in Drugs about the need for decent drugs education in schools that may be interesting as well....

Considering that people feel so strongly about this issue I am a bit disappointed that they haven't shared their opinions or experiences about a good parental approach.....
  • Options
    I'm bumping this.

K.N.S, I really would be interested in your views regarding this, you are I think the youngest user on these boards and therefore have a unique view point.
  • Options
    im only 16
  • Options
    And how often do you take yokes, every weekend?
  • Options
    i agree with you bong, i know the dangers of taking pills, i've only done them twice now, i had been interested in the effects they can have on someone since i was about 14 and thats what brought me to forums like this, i suppose most teenagers know the risks but if they choose to do pills then theres not a lot anyone can do about it... i think doing pills have changed my view on all sorts of things, im more appreciative of others and stuff..

how old do you think would be a more suitable age for doing pills bong?

i think its when you feel ready and if that means being 16 i dont really have a problem with it as long as you take care and dont over do it.
  • Options
    Badboy; Its always hard knowing peoples ages on here, I didnt mean to leave you out of this really, I just didnt know.

I can see what you mean, if someone wants to do them there really is very little you can do apart from hope they do them as safely as they can.

As for the age at which people should do them, well thats a hard one really, there really is no age where you can say now your an adult, people develop at different rates. However I would say that about the age of 18 is a good marking point. This isnt really to do with the emotional development, although that is key, but to do with the physical development of the brain, which under goes major changes during the teenage years.

As I have said before I can't tell any of you to do or not do anything. I dont have the authority to do that and even if I did you'd probably ignore me anyway. I try to help people on here I am truely passionate about harm reduction and getting the law changed.

Teenagers using hard drugs such as MDMA does scare me because the dangers are just so unknown, you could really be doing long term damage to the development of your brain and emotional welfare.
  • Options
    ANDY BOOTH ...i don't actualy like the idea of educating kids about drugs at to early an age ...children should be allowed to be children ...they don't need all the adult crap ...adults could do without most of the adult crap but ...in this day and age 11 isn't to young. she will heading off to secondary school soon no doubt and that is where life gets realy interesting and dodgy ...where your childhood starts to disolve.
    i believe the best aproach not to be a sit down talk but more of a situation where you ask her qeustions. out of the blue while making her a jam butty or something.
    "hey ...do you ever hear of anyone messing up with drugs in your school"? keep it short ...not an issue. she'll start to ask you questions and being who and what you are ...certain questions or the way questions are asked will alert you to important possibilities.
    this is just my opinion and my way ...it worked quite well for me.
    if your little 'un feels at home talking to her dad about drugs ...knowing it isn't going to end up as an issue or a long sit down lecture ...your on to a winner mate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    And how often do you take yokes, every weekend?

depends really, last time i took them was before christmas, i bought 15 in november and i've got 12 left, im takin 1 or 2 tomorrow night and then i probly wont touch them again till june when i go to majorca... i agree with bongbudda when he says teenagers shouldnt be taking pills and i do listen to him but i feel im resposible enough to do it safley and not just neck them like theres no tomorrow
  • Options
    Being careful with your drug use isnt like with a lot of things in life, being careful in most things is dull, if you respect the drugs you use you can enhance the experience and make it better.