Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tony Martin Fans?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    that's when he murdered the kid, when he was running away, not escaping in a car and not whilst threatening Tony's own life. [/B]

manslaughter actually

the 'kid' had form as long as a giraffe's neck

missed by his family, no doubt
  • Options
    "Must do better I'm afraid."

Right back at ya!
    Your post was, to be honest a joke.
    Not very good at this sort of thing are you?
    :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Makaveli UK
    Wrong.
    Most people agree Tony Martin was in the right. Acording to all the polls I've seen by various papers. Even radio 4's vote in had over 50% voting for a new "Tony Martin Law".
    Here are some more views I found...:
    http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,15410-1098329,00.html

So?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck

missed by his family, no doubt

So?
  • Options
    Wrong.
    Most people agree Tony Martin was in the right. Acording to all the polls I've seen by various papers. Even radio 4's vote in had over 50% voting for a new "Tony Martin Law".
    Here are some more views I found...:
    http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,15410-1098329,00.html
    Mmmm, because phone votes are so accurate...

(Wikipedia)'Today regularly holds an end-of-year poll. For many years this took the form of write-in votes for the Man and Woman of the Year. This was stopped after an episode of organised vote-rigging in 1990, but was soon revived as a telephone vote for a single Personality of the Year. A further episode of vote-rigging, in favour of Tony Blair in 1996, forced the programme makers to consider more innovative polling questions.'

And still they get hi-jacked.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    Mmmm, because phone votes are so accurate...

(Wikipedia)'Today regularly holds an end-of-year poll. For many years this took the form of write-in votes for the Man and Woman of the Year. This was stopped after an episode of organised vote-rigging in 1990, but was soon revived as a telephone vote for a single Personality of the Year. A further episode of vote-rigging, in favour of Tony Blair in 1996, forced the programme makers to consider more innovative polling questions.'

And still they get hi-jacked.

If we can't trust public voting what can we trust?
    Your getting desprate now.
    "So?"
    It means I'm not alone. Most people agree with me. You I'm afraid are in the minority now.
  • Options
    The whole point is that phone polls can be fixed.

Anyway, you're just trolling, judging by your performance on the drugs forum last night.
  • Options
    If we can't trust public voting what can we trust?
    Your getting desprate now.
    "So?"
    It means I'm not alone. Most people agree with me. You I'm afraid are in the minority now.

There are very few sources we can trust and statistics are not one of them. The difference between quantitable and qualitable data is that quantitable is far too subject to bias and too easy to manipulate.

Just thought I'd make that point. Maybe you should look at less biased sources.

Do I believe in protecting your property? I believe in protecting your family but not in shooting somebody I mean fight with your fists like a real man aye?

Posession of guns shows little more than an insecurity with the person him/herself... unless of course they hunt or are farmers. I haven't read much on this guy, but shooting somebody in the back is just cowardly. I don't have sympathy for anybody who resorts to violence, especially not with a gun.

Was he protecting his family? Or just his posessions?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Was he protecting his family? Or just his posessions?
    He was protecting himself.
  • Options

Protecting himself from someone who was running away? Explain to me how that works....
  • Options

By shooting someone in the back?
  • Options
    Who said he was running away?
    As I have said they were not running away they had no idear T Martin was there untill he shot them. They were not out side they were in his small front room when it happend, suggesting they were running away make me laugh and think of Tom and Jerry.
    T&j1.jpg
    Supposing they had an axe or guns them selvs?
    Martin was terrified and worried for his life, if they had seen him and he was unarmed do you not think they would have beat the crap out of them to stop him phoning the police? Or do you think they would have said "look its the owner of the hous he has found us and seen are faces oh well lets just walk away back to the car with the number plate in fall view."
    Nope they could have done anything to him.
    So really he was lucky to have been armed.
    "Anyway, you're just trolling"
    Your the one who is trolling. Picking my posts apart with sad little comments like that.
  • Options

More or less every news program and broadsheet newspaper.
  • Options
    Can I have some of what you've taken?
  • Options
    Yuor getting desprat, I will save you the inbarresment of having to post anymore crap comments.
    Now to win the argument.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/3153172.stm
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Can I have some of what you've taken?

OOO someones trolling:D

Your not very good at trolling maybe you should give up eh?
    LOL better luck next time a kiddy?:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    As I have said they were not running away they had no idear T Martin was there untill he shot them. They were not out side they were in his small front room when it happend, suggesting they were running away make me laugh and think of Tom and Jerry.
    T&j1.jpg
    Martin was terrified and worried for his life, if they had seen him and he was unarmed do you not think they would have beat the crap out of them to stop him phoning the police? Or do you think they would have said "look its the owner of the hous he has found us and seen are faces oh well lets just walk away back to the car with the number plate in fall view."
    Nope they could have done anything to him.
    So really he was lucky to have been armed.
    "Anyway, you're just trolling"
    Your the one who is trolling. Picking my posts apart with sad little comments like that.

Are you on crack?
  • Options
    Yuor getting desprat, I will save you the inbarresment of having to post anymore crap comments.
    Now to win the argument.

What the fuck does that prove?
  • Options
    OOO someones trolling:D

Your not very good at trolling maybe you should give up eh?
    LOL better luck next time a kiddy?:lol::lol::lol:

Thats not trolling you fool. Thats taking the piss.
  • Options
    Trolling eh?
    Perfact example right there of how I put forth a clever argument and you respond with "are you on crack" because.
    I have some dignity, so I will not retaliate with sly and even worse unfunny "jokes" about you being on crack.

I maybe on my own on this message board but now that I know 83 percent of the britsh population are behind me I feel much beter:D
  • Options
    He had ladders rigged in trees as lookout posts, and inside stair removed as a makeshift booby trap.

From
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1627540.stm

and
    Martin killed Barras, a market trader from a Gypsy travelling family based in Newark, Nottinghamshire, last August during a late-night incident at his farm. The teenager, who had a number of convictions, was on his "first big job" to burgle Martin's home, Bleak House. He and Fearon were attacked by one of the farmer's rottweilers as they tried to get away.

The court heard that Martin, who had a vitriolic hatred for burglars and Gypsies, had come downstairs with a pump-action Winchester shotgun and fired at the two men.

Barras had pleaded for his life, shouting: "I'm sorry. Please don't. Mum." In panic, Fearon, who was seriously injured, pulled out a rotten window and he and Barras jumped through. It was not until the next afternoon that the teenage boy's body was found.

From
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/martin/article/0,2763,214334,00.html

both suggest that Tony Martin was a disturbed man. Not much of a hero really.
  • Options

I maybe on my own on this message board but now that I know 83 percent of the britsh population are behind me I feel much beter

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
  • Options
    T&j1.jpg

Where's your proof of this? In his book?

Supposing martians landed and did the YMCA on the roof of his house. The fact is that it didn't happen. He shot a young man who was running away in the back. That is all that stands.
  • Options
    This cracked me up:
    the British Gas survey of 523 householders found.

Remind me again what the UK POpulation is? A smudge over 60 million, isn't it? 523 against 60 million- I'm convinced.

Martin was lucky he didn't get done for murder. VERY lucky.

...for petty theft. Not even the Saudis kill people for petty theft :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Yes, the boy was shot in the back, but he shouldn't have been there and he was intending to steal, so he deserved what he got in my opinion.

If anyone tries to burgle my house, they are liable to get beaten up. I once got mugged and the police did naff all about it. Since then I don't trust the police to punish criminals, so I feel I would have to do it for them.
  • Options
    As I have said they were not running away they had no idear T Martin was there untill he shot them.

Then quite clearly you cannot justify self defence.
    90% of burglars, (and this is from an OFFICIAL police source and not a phone poll) will simply walk out the door if they believe someone to be awake in the house, including the likes of Fearon and the other one. Career criminals can't afford to be caught, so they avoid detection.
    If they didn't know he was there, then Martin cannot justify shooting them, they weren't attacking him.

Reasonable force has been defined in case law and common law throughout the centuries. You can meet an attacker with an amount of force which is equivalent to their force.
    If they are trying to kill you then you MAY use deadly force to prevent them killing you.
    This includes situations of someone trying to stab you or strangle you. NOT someone entering your house. You may attack someone entering your house, you can knock them out or tie them up. You can't kill them.

Reasonable force only extends to the protection of life and limb, NOT and I repeat NOT property. You cannot justify killing an intruder if all they intended to do was steal your VCR.
    And however you look at it, Martin could see his attackers clearly, he could see the younger one facing away from him and shot him.
    Noone is skilled enough to launch deadly force whilst facing away from their victim, least of all a 16 year old boy.
  • Options
    Now to win the argument.

523!!!

LMFAO
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    . You cannot justify killing an intruder if all they intended to do was steal your VCR.

Thats all well and good but how do i know they are just there to steal my VCR.........im not a mindreader.
  • Options
    if any of you enter my house uninvited ...i will panic ...pressume the worst about you and your intentions toward the two females in my house who i love dearly and have to protect. you will come very near death ...if you die ...please remember ...i was just watching the telly ...talking to you lot on here ...no intentions of hurting a soul or comitting a crime.
    but ...here in north wales we have had old ladies set on fire after having been raped and robbed. we have had a 17 yr old vampire tear the heart out of an old lady and do some ritual stuff. wasn't there for material gain ...simply there to worship satan. if your leaving fine ...but i'm still coming after you. ...and yes thats when the law and the people stop suporting me ....which is fair enough but ...enter my house and my mind will be in overdrive ...my adrenaline will be nearly overdosing me ...you could die.
  • Options
    simply there to worship satan

Just thought I'd point this out. Satanism isn't about ripping out hearts or hurting people and I don't believe that this 'vampyre' or whatever the kid calls himself is a Satanist in the least. But then the media portrays satanism, paganism and witchcraft in such a light as they promote hatred or violence and turn people in to killers or animal abusers.

Not trying to cause an arguement, just state a point. Satanists are not all Anne Rice worshiping spooky kids, they're just as likely to go to work in a suit, work behing a cheese counter or be a librarian as any other religion.