Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Police Stations and arrest

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Not forgetting that most people in a demo are learned on making the police's job even harder.

:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    [B The Bridewell
    As for police brutality at demos and football matches, I only have a theory on that. Theory being you just being there is causing them loads of extra work, and inevitably with large crowds, even ones that say they will behave stuff ends up happening. Not forgetting that most people in a demo are learned on making the police's job even harder. [/B]
    spent two nights there in the 70's very good breakfast on a sunday morning.
    whowhere ...when you are in your first demo that gets angry or your first inner city riot ...you'll only too quickly learn about fear adrenalin and survival ...and in your case hopefully ...the fact that somehow you have to do a job here! watch your back for media cameras ...it's always the police who are in the wrong.
    i was caught up in the moss side riots in the 80's. i was in the area to collect a van full of cannabis so was treading lightly.
    the air had been violent for weeks and the riot was the talk of the town ...me living in a leafy suburb of manchester is thinking ...nutters ...the yobs on the corner are going to kick off or something but no ...fully fledged petrol bomb death destruction and 48hr looting! fucking scary mate.
    was in a prison riot ...even scarier! despite our differences WW ...i wish you all the best out there ...when i was a bad lad ...both sides in the game of cops and robbers had such different lives than main stream society. great job you've got ...why not go all the way?