Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

continuing war lies.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    No, they usually show up on coaches as that saves with the pollution and it's often too far to walk or ride :p

Except the ever growing Critical Mass contingent who always do turn up on bicycles.

Murp Redux is blatantly talking out of his/her arse. Funny they haven't been back innit?
  • Options
    Ohh surely it's not murder!

Precisely Moonrat, didnt anyone explain to you that when we blow civilians to kingdom come it's "collateral damage"? It's only when those we wish to overthrow do it that it becomes "genocide".

Nice double standard eh? ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Precisely Moonrat, didnt anyone explain to you that when we blow civilians to kingdom come it "collateral damage"? It's only when those we wish to overthrow do it that it becomes "genocide".

Nice double standard eh? ;)

The problem with so called 'morality' is that it's culturally conditioned. For examples the ancient Greeks would appear mysoginist to us because the women stayed at home. Yet they would have probably think our society as mysoginist for sending women to work. However, it is double standards to talk bad about terrorism and then use missiles in a public place.

Morality to me... a nice quote from the german Philosopher Arthur Schopenhaeur:

"Compassion is the basis of all morality."

I personally couldn't see any compassion in the war on Iraq.
  • Options
    any decent normal person will know that democracy doesn't work on a large scale, democracy is perfect in a country where say only 1000 people live in, there they can all get together and vote, no arguing, in countries like america and britain, where the population is into the millions, we elect representatives of our views, we look at their mandate and vote, BUT EVEN THE PEOPLE WE VOTE FOR CAN'T LIVE UP TO THAT, BLAIR AND HIS TOP UP FEES BEING ONE.
    as for matadore saying sadam has violated every human right, i think bush isn't too far behind him, and sadam isn't a terrorist, iraq wasn't a terrorist country, it was ruled by a nutter who killed anyone that disagreed with him, thats not terrorism, sadam DIDN'T help al-qaeda in 9/11 as Bush suggested, Iraq DOESN'T have WMD, like bush suggested and he certainly wasn't a threaqt to the peace of the world, i hate all these ******y right wingers who go about saying "the worlds a better place", do you REALLY REALLY think that if america didn't go to war that you wouldn't get you dinner as usual, that life woudn't still go on, of course it would, america should concentrate on the defensive not on the offensive, BUSH OUT KERRY IN.
  • Options
    Dean please, Kerry is just another Washington insider with his own closet full of special interests to coddle up to should he get the White House and the wrongfooted status quo we have have lived under for more than half a century would simply continue on unperturbed.

We need a real change of direction in American policy both domestically as well as internationally and that means eliminating the mechanisms put in place to benefit only the corporate and political elite over the past half century (if not longer).

Kerry has neither the progressivism nor the balls to restore the US to its true Constitutional roots.
  • Options
    Well she won I'm a Celebrity, but that doesn't qualify her for the Whitehouse, surely? :confused:

;)
  • Options
    Who is "she"?
  • Options
    Dean please, Kerry is just another Washington insider with his own closet full of special interests to coddle up to should he get the White House and the wrongfooted status quo we have have lived under for more than half a century would simply continue on unperturbed.

We need a real change of direction in American policy both domestically as well as internationally and that means eliminating the mechanisms put in place to benefit only the corporate and political elite over the past half century (if not longer).

Kerry has neither the progressivism nor the balls to restore the US to its true Constitutional roots.

Clandy, your opposition to Kerry leaves you in general agreement with the guys at mil.com, this could be a first ;)

btw do you know where I can access a simple guide to understanding the U.S electoral procedure, primaries, colleges etc
  • Options
    Who is "she"?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3472451.stm

Blagsta's favourite programme...alledgedly ;)
  • Options
    Frankly, if the main candidate to fight Bush for the US Presidency were the hybrid clone of Hitler and Satan who indulged in child molesting and kitten strangling, I'd be supporting him to death.

Absolutely anybody would be preferable to that fucking ****.
  • Options
    BA, there's a considerable difference between my distaste for Kerry for President and that of those at mil.com. Those folks think the sun shines out of Republican buttholes to the exclusion of all else.

I merely believe that what a Candidate will do when in office should be heavily considered by those who so readily jump upon any bandwagon. I have no difficulty in voicing the opinion that most Democratic voters are as blind as most Republican ones and buy into the same status quo which is guiging my nation in a downward spiral whilst the fundamental principles upon which it was founded (which are fiercely liberal actually) lose whatever remaining value beyond that of mere words on parchment they still have and the polity and oppportunity is bought up by the dynasties and the moguls.

I also cannot trust the values and principles of a man who voted in favour of the illegal invasion of Iraq and then seeks to condemn his opponent for that in which he himself had a hand.

As well, Kerry supported the USA Patriot Act and thus has shown that he is in accord with the march towards increased authoritarianism and control which has long been the root of our national misdirection.

I want a progressive who stood up when doing so was unpopular and liable to villification as "unpatriotic" by the reactionistic non-thinking of our friends across the gallery.

I believe Dean also frightens the corporate media which is why, despite the fact that he still leads the pack in financial backing as well as still having the second highest number of delegates even with his poor showing in some states, he is almost a non-entity now in any reports of primary predictions. They talk Clark and Edwards and of course Kerry, but wish to sweep Dean under the carpet even though Clark and Edwards trail Dean as well.

It's Manufacturing Consent in action. The pundits want to instill disregard into the thought processes of the majority of those who rely on mainstream media for the bulk if not all of their information. If they can do this by omission all the less effort on their part.

With such a transparent tactic at work it bolsters my opinion of the power of the Dean campaign to shake up the system and make it nervous. Its time many of our domestic "empires" started to see the writing on the wall.

What I believe in is a government of the people by the people and for THE PEOPLE. Not for the corporations, nor the PACS nor the powerful lobbies, nor for the politicians. Won't get that even with Dean of course, but i think such changes have to begin somehwere and some incremental step exists with Dean, I believe.

As for where to find electoral information, try this...

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATION/index.php

Al, to respond to your view, see all above. Whilst i share the sentiment and the urgency to see Bush removed from office before he can unleash further damage upon the world and the nation, I believe that anyone could result in someone worse or someone who would be nothing more than a brief respite from the continuation of the PNAC agenda. That agenda and all it has given rise to so far including the USA Patriot Act and the Dept of Homeland Security (or our American Stazi if you will) must be dismantled over the next four years and the agencies themselves overhauled in a big way.

Couple this with the establishment of mechanisms to prevent future Presidents from stonewalling investigations when they are ordered by the American people to account for their decisions and actions and the nation will see the neo-cons truly for what they represent if they try to come back.
  • Options
    Appreciated.
  • Options
    Blair was right to take us to war, even if it was all based on lies.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Makaveli UK
    Blair was right to take us to war, even if it was all based on lies.

Reasons?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Reasons?
    Saddam is no longer ruling the counrty?
    That good enough?
    Iraq can now rebuild there country?
  • Options
    So we have the right to go in and overthrow and countries ruler that we don't like the look of do we? And install a puppet government? You really think this is a good way to conduct international politics?
  • Options
    ^ You REALLY have ABSALOUTLY NO idea what your talking about do you?
  • Options
    I think I know a bit more than you do. It takes all your effort to string a sentence together.

Go on then brainiac, enlighten me.
  • Options
    I think I know a bit more than you do. It takes all your effort to string a sentence together.

Go on then brainiac, enlighten me.

06-troll-before.jpg
  • Options
    A slight case of projection I think.

Come on then brainbox, tell me all about Iraq.

I'm waiting...
  • Options

I'm waiting...

And probably will be for a long time too if you expect a decent reply from 'it'.
  • Options
    Iv'e already given my reasons on why I think it was a good idear to go to war at the top of this page:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    And probably will be for a long time too if you expect a decent reply from 'it'.

Huh?
    :confused:
  • Options
    Iv'e already given my reasons on why I think it was a good idear to go to war at the top of this page:rolleyes:

Errrrrr....OK. What an amazing understanding of world politics you have. Is your surname Bush by any chance?
  • Options
    What an amazing understanding of world politics you have.
    Wow we agree on somthing for once:thumb:
  • Options
    Huh?
    :confused:

You actually need your reluctance to give any decent answers explained? :eek2:
  • Options
    makaveli do me a favour.........shut up please, you aint got a clue just like I aint got a clue on politics.

Try talking in stuff that you know something about cos honestly these lot are sure gonna eat you for brekkie if you continue :lol:
  • Options
    Pigs might fly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    makaveli do me a favour.........shut up please, you aint got a clue just like I aint got a clue on politics.

Try talking in stuff that you know something about cos honestly these lot are sure gonna eat you for brekkie if you continue :lol:

He brings some entertainment into the forum :)

Just think Becky, he makes us all look like geniuses. Even Rude_boyz :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    He brings some entertainment into the forum :)

Just think Becky, he makes us all look like geniuses. Even Rude_boyz :p

and me :lol::lol:

now that is a laugh.....yeah continue but by god you lot had better do what I said :p