Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

pubes

i know this has probably been covered many times before but what is the best method of getting rid of your pubic hairs and is it true that you can get a pretty bad rash if you shave? :confused:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some get a rash, some dont. It does me, so does a wax. I use Nair hair removal cream. It's trial and error love. Shave a little bit see what happens. Use a little ceam see what happens. I t depends on your skin love.
  • Options
    hmm, well thanks anyway. I've never tried it and this weekend is kinda special to me and my guy so I wanted to do it for him. Doesn't wax really hurt??
  • Options
    Originally posted by Janjan
    hmm, well thanks anyway. I've never tried it and this weekend is kinda special to me and my guy so I wanted to do it for him. Doesn't wax really hurt??
    Thanks anyway?! I gave you an answer!
    Yeah it does a bit but not for long. Id say your safest option is cream. But why not shave small corner then see what it's like in the morning?
  • Options
    Read our feature on pubic haircuts.
    ;)
  • Options
    be careful with the hair removal creams though. a lot of people are allergic to it!
  • Options
    Just be proud of your Bush!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    urgh!
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    :yuck: Or did you mean the President of America? In which case :yuck: :yuck: Hmm, I'm sure I could draw a comparison there somewhere? :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    urgh!

just what I thought. :yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    just what I thought. :yuck:

i thought that too... eugh....
  • Options
    i used to rash when i first did it, and now i dont at all. hair removal creams dont work well for me, waxing is quite expensive as well
  • Options
    What length hair do hair removal creams work well on? Just thinking, cos I haven't shaved since my last boyfriend, and I don't really fancy doing it now because I have more sex with the new one hence shaving more often hence rash :-/ But I've used a cream before, like a day after shaving and had a heinous rash and deffo don't want that again. Is about half an inch too long for a cream d'ya reckon?
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    What length hair do hair removal creams work well on? Just thinking, cos I haven't shaved since my last boyfriend, and I don't really fancy doing it now because I have more sex with the new one hence shaving more often hence rash :-/ But I've used a cream before, like a day after shaving and had a heinous rash and deffo don't want that again. Is about half an inch too long for a cream d'ya reckon?
    i didn't really understand that... but if you got a rash from the removal cream when you last used it then i wouldn't use it again if i was you! the nair one gave me an awful rash and was sore and sooooo not attractive.

if you don't want to get a rash from shaving then make sujre you always use a new blade. also go with the grain rather than against. i think thesite tips are useful.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    i didn't really understand that...

Hehe I'm not surprised. Well, taking out all the waffle - I tried using hair removal cream before, and it gave me a rash, but I had just shaved the day before or something. How long is the best length for using the cream?
  • Options
    I guess it might not be so effective if it's long, so you could give it a trim beforehand
  • Options
    Hehe I'm not surprised. Well, taking out all the waffle - I tried using hair removal cream before, and it gave me a rash, but I had just shaved the day before or something. How long is the best length for using the cream?
    i have a feeling that on the actual instructions it tells you that the hair needs to be over a certain length . i cant imagine being too long would be a problem.
  • Options
    what about guys waxing down there ?
    can u go some where to get it done??
  • Options
    jebus! that would really.... yeeeaaaooowch!
    just shave... honestly its the most easy and pain-free way to do it... who cares if it comes back quick... just shave again....
    i mean its not like your legs (for the girls) you dont have to worry about regrowth and shit on your... err... southern regions
  • Options
    I tried using hair removal cream before, and it gave me a rash
    Nair do one for extra sensitive skin, tis the one I use and is very good :yes:
  • Options
    Just out of interest, has anyone tried this ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Glittery Vodka

Oooh I want to try that, I keep meaning to buy it, but I'm petrified the wee woman at Boots will think I'm all jungle-a-fied downstairs ;O
  • Options
    I thought about getting one of those too....someone get one and let us know if they're good heh
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Oooh I want to try that, I keep meaning to buy it, but I'm petrified the wee woman at Boots will think I'm all jungle-a-fied downstairs ;O
    lol, I saw a woman buying 2 in Argos the other day, she must be extra furry :D
    Originally posted by Faith
    I thought about getting one of those too....someone get one and let us know if they're good heh
    Think I'll order one, Im a sucker for gadgets :yes:
  • Options
    the best way is to bath the area with a flannel soaked in hot water+trim with scissors first. this reduces pain cos the skin's pores are open. then use a good razor (like venus) + lots of shaving foam for sesitive skin. start gently, you can always go over the area again, but dont press too hard/go to fast, otherwise you'll be more prone to shaving rashes.
    :rolleyes: that sux, well irritating :eek:
  • Options
    I seem to remember there being a thread about this..and people not thinking much of them.

I may be wrong though, :)
  • Options
    Save yourself some money and buy a beard trimmer for blokes. Therefore everybody thinks you're buying it for your boyfriend, and it'll save you at least a tenner.
    Or go and buy one of these!

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lefthandman
    what about guys waxing down there ?
    can u go some where to get it done??

OWCH!!! Did anyone see T4 on Sunday? This vain guy went and got a full body wax. I mean Full :eek: I would never do that :no:
  • Options
    ugh if you shave, be careful about it.

I did it a little to fast, and I guess I got quite a few nicks.

cause I was itching like no other for the next month. kinda embaressing when sitting in class trying to resist the urge to scratch.

so i've trimmed since then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Save yourself some money and buy a beard trimmer for blokes. Therefore everybody thinks you're buying it for your boyfriend, and it'll save you at least a tenner.
    Or go and buy one of these!

Mr_Wobble ;)

I think I would be more embarassed by the people thinking I had a boyfriend with a beard than buying the bikini thang!

And that link isnt working but I saw flymo in the url, so less of your cheek Mr :p
  • Options
    I think I would be more embarassed by the people thinking I had a boyfriend with a beard
    What if it's only a neat goatee, or trimmed sideburns, orr making shapes/patterns in his hair. A beard trimmer doesn't mean he's got full blown face fungus! :D

Mr_Wobble ;)