Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

stuck in the snow.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
has anyone else got stuck in the snow. i got stuck in the snow for over and hour because apparently the roads are to blocked?

they seemed ok to me

now im freazing and fucking cold.

Comments

• Options
    Presumably you were in a car or bus not on foot!! I'm about to cycle home but the snow isn't settling here so I'll be ok for now. Am hoping the trains don't run tomorrow though!
  • Options
    i didnt get stuck in the snow, but i didnt have to babysit this mornin coz the school got cancelled for the kids so their stepdad took the day off and i dint have to go college coz that was cancelled too! which is good considerin it takes 40 mins to walk to college lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Presumably you were in a car or bus not on foot!! I'm about to cycle home but the snow isn't settling here so I'll be ok for now. Am hoping the trains don't run tomorrow though!

i was walking but there was tons of cars except all the taxis are closed.
  • Options
    It has just this minute started snowing! :D :hyper:
  • Options
    Send some my way in about half an hour!!
  • Options
    *runs around* It's snowing!!!!!!! :hyper: hopefully the buses wont be running tomorrow and I won't have to go school! soz that you were delayed RudeBoy! just go out and have a snow fight to help you forget about it!
  • Options
    Its been like it all day here!!! and a few places have been blacked it took my aunty 3 hours to get to work!!!!

the pic is frommy room window i took it mid afternoon, but its a lot thicker now!
  • Options
    Originally posted by _Hermione_
    Its been like it all day here!!! and a few places have been blacked it took my aunty 3 hours to get to work!!!!

the pic is frommy room window i took it mid afternoon, but its a lot thicker now!

wow :eek: i want your snow, bring it to me!
  • Options
    This isn't a very good pic as it's dark, but this is our snow...well, my car in the snow :D
  • Options
    well I was going to take the girlfriend out for her 18th birthday but fucking cant because of the snow and road conditions, parents wont let me leave house and have blocked my car in so i cant go.
  • Options
    the snow in my area :D
  • Options
    Re: stuck in the snow.
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    has anyone else got stuck in the snow. i got stuck in the snow for over and hour because apparently the roads are to blocked?

they seemed ok to me

now im freazing and fucking cold.

How are you on the 'net?
  • Options
    Re: Re: stuck in the snow.
    Originally posted by Rocks
    How are you on the 'net?

Well he appears to be at home now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    well I was going to take the girlfriend out for her 18th birthday but fucking cant because of the snow and road conditions, parents wont let me leave house and have blocked my car in so i cant go.

I was going to see my blokey but my mum won't let me drive in the snow! lol Mind you, I don't think I want to, I've never driven in snow before! :eek2:
  • Options
    First time for everything. Just be careful, don't kill anyone etc.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    First time for everything. Just be careful, don't kill anyone etc.

even that doesn't prevent accidents, theres already been one at the end of my road :eek2:
  • Options
    I think I'll wait til tomorrow, at least it'll be light then! Snowy + dark = scary :yes:
  • Options
  • Options
    Sorry to be such a Turtle, but everyone keeps saying artic.
  • Options
    I only wrote arctic because its the headline of the article! I don't actually think it's that cold yet!
  • Options
    arctic
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    arctic

Oh god I see what you mean now :blush: the snow is making me crazy
  • Options
    im obviously home now rocks. :p

i aint gone out yet, the only time im going out is to smack some fucking **** in the face..stupid fat b'astard, i told him im wet and still in uniform and not to throw snow.. everyone else doesn't apartfrom some fat ****... i'll kill him tomoz.
  • Options
    i hardly think there being an inch or two of snow and it being -8 constitutes arctic conditions. british people are such twats when it comes to snow.

i remember, in the good old days, when we used to have three feet of snow and nothing would close down. ok, this may not be strictly true, but there needed to be a lot more snow in those days to cause disruption. i remember being pulled to school on a sledge cause the car got stuck in the driveway, and there were still lessons at school. there were a lot less people there, but some of us made it, and a few teachers, and we all had activities in the hall :)

driving in snow isn't too hard. take it slowly, drive in as high a gear as your car will let you, and if you skid, turn into it and don't panic. and turn gently too. easy peasy.
  • Options
    Yes, we do over-react these days, but you've got to enjoy what you have. I just had a friend say he had about 6 inches in 5 minutes. :yeees:

I hated going to primary school in the snow because none of my friends ever came in.
  • Options
    It depends where you live as to wether you can say you have had artic conditions. Take the North East at approx 2pm today, then it was artic conditions. There was a very heavy lay of snow and the winds made it almost impossible to drive at one point because with the heavy snow and winds you couldnt see anything.
    Again this evening about 7ish we nipped to the shop and the winds were horrendous, very cold winds and heavy snow again.

Re driving im not a driver but im going by what my hubby has said and that is that some drivers drive too slow. they are doing about 5 mph and its them ones who cause the accidents. If they cant handle the snow or have a vehicle which is crap in the snow then its simple.......park up and walk.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Re driving im not a driver but im going by what my hubby has said and that is that some drivers drive too slow. they are doing about 5 mph and its them ones who cause the accidents. If they cant handle the snow or have a vehicle which is crap in the snow then its simple.......park up and walk.

you'll find usually it's the impatient people behind the person doing 5 mph who cause the accidents.

you don't have to crawl along, but if it's really bad, it's better to go too slow than too fast. if you go into a skid, it's gonna be a hell of a lot worse the faster you go. someone on my LJ friends list learnt that lesson today. she is very lucky to be alive this evening.
  • Options
    As me not being a driver I cant comment but my hubby says when someone is driving 5 mph they dont move the snow, if they speeded up just a touch then the snow would get swept outways or sommat and get rid of the snow quicker, thus making it safer driving conditions. But like I say here today at one point he parked up because he just couldnt see anything.

Ah dunno, sommat like that anyway lol.

Also a lot of people do not know how to handle skids (says he), they panic and slam the brakes on making it worse.

Hope you LJ friend is ok :(
  • Options
    i didnt get to see my bloke cos of the weather...he better be round tomoro!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

this is for your hubby....:

negative18.jpg

Mr T pities the fool that be drivin fast in dangerous conditions unless he be ridin a skidoo bitch!