Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dieting...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Dont drink pint after pint of water, it wont help you.

First of all it wont make you feel any fuller, because your body will know its not food.

And secondly, and most importantly it could actualy be quite detrimental to your health. Your body needs salt and other trace minerals to live. Salt especially.
    If you consume next to no nutrients and tons of water the chances are that you will wash out these VITAL salts out of your body. This will leave you weak and tierd, and in serious cases could well cause you physical harm, and potencially could lead to your death.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    thanks

well today so far i have had

dried toast (no butter)
    ham roll
    2bottle of mineral water (no carb/fat)
    and 4pints of water in the morning.
    1 pack of polos

dry toast :yuck: gross, how do you swallow it? surely some low fat spread would make it more palatable?

Ham roll - good, healthy option. Ham is low calorie and a good option. would be better if you put a bit of sliced tomato and cucumber in it, would make it quite a well balanced low-calorie meal.

4 pints of water, fair enough thats your daily intake of liquid sorted. thats supposed to be over the course of the whole day though. I guess running back and forth to the loo all day would be good exercise too LOL.

Pack of polos - What for? theyre still sweets, just because theyre minty, doesnt mean theyre not high in sugar. Polos are VERY sugary.

I cant think of anything less satisfying than a slice of dry toast first thing in the morning. Have you considered swapping it for something like a bowl of rice crispies or special K with semi skimmed milk. Rice crispies are quite low cal and theyve got extra vitamins added to them which would come in handy since youre restricting food quite a lot for the rest of the day. or maybe one of those cereal bars - I know the cocopop bars have only 90 calories per bar, which is about the same as a slice of dry toast, yet much tastier and got added vitamins in them.
  • Options
    And if they are the no suger polos then they'll give you the shits if you eat too many. And that wont be good for you at all, you'll loose even more of those minerals that you need.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    And if they are the no suger polos then they'll give you the shits if you eat too many. And that wont be good for you at all, you'll loose even more of those minerals that you need.

and if you continually eat too many sugar-free mints over a long period of time, you'll mess up your bowels big style.

which isn't fun at all, let me tell you.
  • Options
    polos also reduse your sperm count.
  • Options
    I hope he's not planning to have kids any time soon, so I doubt that will be a serious concern.
  • Options
    well apart from small fact you appear to be attention seeking again

I am a 34 - 36" waist and I'd be pretty offended if anyone thought that was fat.
  • Options
    OK, Rude_boyz, you've had some really good advice here and you're really not listening. I seem to remember you contributing to some similar threads that others started and giving similar advice to what you've just been given. You may not want to admit it, but you are a teenage bloke who is growing and changing - these are the most important years of your life in terms of your body changing shape, and you trying to mess around with that will not do your health any good - now or in the future. By all means review your lifestyle, cut out the crap and learn about healthy eating, but you're intelligent enough to know that reducing your calorie intake to a quarter and cutting out whole food groups IS NOT healthy and IS NOT a good way to lose weight. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but I realy think you need a reality check here.

Read some of our features to find out more about healthy eating and dieting in our food and diet section.

You may also like to check out more on the following sites:

Eating Disorders Association
    Helpline: 0845 634 1414 (8.30am-8.30pm weekdays). Youth helpline (under 18s): 0845 634 7650 (4pm-6.30pm weekdays).
    www.edauk.com
    info@edauk.com

The Food Standards Agency

:)
  • Options
    How about eating normally and doing plenty of exercise. Far healthier than any diet.
  • Options
    Well i had some crackers when i got in.

anyway i eat a few polos (fat free) and i have them as they help me to stop being hungry

im gonna sort out semi skimmed milk low fat butter and ect

anyway i exercising i do at least 100sit ups a night and 100 pressups i'm also starting to run more.

i can't do pe at school as it is contact sport and i cant do that till my ears ok.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    which isn't fun at all, let me tell you.

Kaffrin experiences many amazing things.

I think i've got a crush on you.

:p
  • Options
    yeah because you can instantly do 100 sit ups and 100 press ups a night from nothing. Stop wasting peoples time with your attention seeking.
  • Options
    Quote: Whatever you said to me last.

I was trying to make a point that you know nothing, but very well...

If you're fat and it's because you eat too much, eat less. Simple I'd say. But instead you have to take it to the extreme with your Polo diet and 100 situp/pressup scheme. If you are doing 100 pressups (which I don't believe you are) shouldn't you become one broad muscley fucker? You've already been given advice, are you listening to it? Or are you just dragging this thread along?

If you have a weight problem, you cut down on food and exercise, not starve yourself. But you do what you like. I'm posting out of complete and utter bordom.
  • Options
    yeah. i did more n that when i did kickboxing. im not attetion seeking i'm actually dieting and will wanna lose weight.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Quote: Whatever you said to me last.

I was trying to make a point that you know nothing, but very well...

If you're fat and it's because you eat too much, eat less. Simple I'd say. But instead you have to take it to the extreme with your Polo diet and 100 situp/pressup scheme. If you are doing 100 pressups (which I don't believe you are) shouldn't you become one broad muscley fucker? You've already been given advice, are you listening to it? Or are you just dragging this thread along?

If you have a weight problem, you cut down on food and exercise, not starve yourself. But you do what you like. I'm posting out of complete and utter bordom.

im going on a proper diet. im just scared if i eat to much i'll get fatter,

anyway once i sort out some proper low fat food at home i'll stop what im doing now. just take sometime to get to a store.
  • Options
    well a big excersise freak like you can walk can't you? To be honest your an insult to people on this site who have or have had real problems and I wish you would grow up instead of all the attention seeking.
  • Options
    This isn't a diet. Also why you that bothered about fat? Its apperance surely you can pull girls on your personalit..... oh wait course not christ you huge fat twat you should cut food out alltogether just don't spread it all over boards as really this attention seeking is pathetic. As I said Im bigger than you and have a bigger waist and I'm not fat so grow up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Getting thinner/fatter doesn't happen overnight.

Feeling like shit because you're not eating enough happens pretty quickly.

Just eat the normal stuff for a few more days, then as soon as you can get some healthier food, then do.

Do you get fed *that* much fat at home?
    In fact, tell me what an average home cooked meal is...or what you would usually (before this silly diet) have for breakfast/lunch.

my mum feeds me alot of fat.. loads of meet and chips ect...

if not i get told to eat dinner at school and thats either burgers chips sasusage ect also its hard im a fussy eater i dont eat alot of salards although i love carrots :yum: and i also love fish tuna ect

its hard, what i think i'll do is cut down on some food for a few day till i get proper healthyer food

Bomberman444 u dunno what im ont about this aint attetionseeking im just asking for a lil advice..

although when it comes to a thread about ur friend stressed and her weight ur quick to say she not attetion seeking? anyway im not going into this convo with u.

im doing 100sit ups 100press ups each night (not all at once obviously 30-40 at a time about 2-3 times a night
  • Options
    she doesnt send photos of her arms to people nor does she blackmail them through PMs and Emails. Also theres a lot she doesnt say. You clearly are proud of the attention.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    You clearly are proud of the attention.

It seems to me that you cant see that your the one giving the attention.
  • Options
    I can, I just want him to stop sending people photos of his arms and other strange stunts especially vulnerable people that don't want to see it. If he wants to talk to someone about stuff like that it should be people who feel up to talking about it not blackmailing people who dont into talking about it. As such I will give him said attention if he will leave other people alone.
  • Options
    I can, I just want him to stop sending people photos of his arms and other strange stunts especially vulnerable people that don't want to see it. If he wants to talk to someone about stuff like that it should be people who feel up to talking about it not blackmailing people who dont into talking about it. As such I will give him said attention if he will leave other people alone.

If you have a problem with someone sending PMs, sending photos or hassleing you then its up to you to contact a Mod who will sort it.
    Your just as bad for putting what you just put here which concerns none of us. If you have a vengence with him then sort it out off the boards, not start harrasing in a thread asking for advice.

Some of the advice offered here has been very good, so lets assume he is attention seeking that doesent mean the advice offered is no good, because there will always be someone who wants to lose weight and would find some of the stuff very helpful.

All your doing is making it a slagging match, so fine do it.......but via PM.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Sugary Polos aren't good for your teeth if you guzzle too many.
    Non-sugar Polos contain my namesake, Aspartame (an artificial sweetener)...which can be a source of Phenylalanine (which is the laxative that bongbudda and kaffrin are talking about).

I
    Aspartame is far worse for your health than any amount of sugar, I try and avoid it even though im on a diet
    http://www.dorway.com/badnews.html
    http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/fraud.htm
    http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/
  • Options
    my mum feeds me alot of fat.. loads of meet and chips ect...

if not i get told to eat dinner at school and thats either burgers chips sasusage ect also its hard im a fussy eater i dont eat alot of salards although i love carrots :yum: and i also love fish tuna ect

Rudeboyz, please stop blaming other people for everything. You dont HAVE to eat crap food. nobody cares if youre fat or not and nobody believes that your mum force feeds you burgers and chips.
  • Options

wtf i never pm ppl hardly..

only a few ppl

if ur talking bout stressed she said i didnt cut and told me to prove it..she also told me to show her my arm so i do.

emails..fucking hell i never email.. u show me an email from me bc its bullshit..

anyway back to topic..

im doing what the people on here hae advices i will start cutting down slowly.. and replace food gradually.. instreed of crash dieting..

thanks everyone.
  • Options
    i will start cutting down slowly..

You can cut the mints out straight away :yes:
  • Options
    By far your best option is not to cut down the number of calories going in, but to increase the number you use. By exercising you will build muscle, which does weigh more so that might not change, but you will look better and burn off more calories even when your sitting on your arse.

If you exercise regularly you'll find your mood will improve, you will sleep better and you'll feel better about your self.

Worrying about what you eat is something that can very easily become an all encompasing obsession. Be very careful not to go down that route, I'm sure quite a few people on here can tell you it isnt fun!

Watch what you eat by all means, but at your age if you are active you can pretty much eat all you like and not worry about it because you are growing.

Also fat isnt something to be scared about, you do NEED some in your diet, if you attempt to cut it out completely you will suffer.