Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is Bush the most dangerous and useless President in history? It seems so

The Independent has released a report on the chimp's first term in office. It makes for frightening reading indeed:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=482947

I know we don't have many regular Bush lovers in here, but I would really love to see anyone defending his record in office so far...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Strangely however he reamins favourite for the next elections......:confused:
  • Options
    Interesting reading, if perhaps with a little bias.

The reason he is probably going to win the next election is that there are too many Democrate candidates, there are 9 arent there?

As for the job figures, I thought the so called 'jobless recovery' isnt as bad as they had thought and the employment figures werent actualy that bad, maybe I was wrong.
  • Options
    Well consider that 2 million jobes lost is not as big a deal in the US as it would be in Britain. Still pretty serious but probably not serious enough to be a major factor..........
  • Options
    i dont believe in conspiricy theories, but if bush gets re-elected i think i will start to
  • Options
    I've always thought conspiricy theories were rubbish too, but the more I learn about The Project for The New American Century the more I think its bloody scary, except they arent in any way secret about it.
  • Options
    If Bush is re-elected (or to be precise elected, since he didn't win the first time around) then some very serious questions should be asked of the American public.

Although on the other hand it might all boil down to brainwashing and misinformation. Notice how according to the article 45% of Americans believed just before the war started that Saddam Hussein actually had something to do with 9/11. Which in effect means that either 45% of Americans are a sandwich short of a picnic (which I don't believe) or they have been lied by government and media to such extent that they are incapable of seeing/knowing what's been happening around them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    If Bush is re-elected (or to be precise elected, since he didn't win the first time around)

your right there, do you think al gore would have made a better job of it? ive always thought dubya was a weasel, very tricky and cunning
  • Options
    I've just thought, what about Nixon, surely Dubya isnt anywhere near as evil as him.
  • Options
    I think a tub of lard would have made a better job of it, let alone Al Gore.
  • Options
    Dubyah himself is too much of a dolt and a pampered spoon-fed American prince to compare with Nixon's megalomania, but those who make the real decisions behind the scenes in this administration are many times more calculating, power hungry, and conspiratorial about their machinations than Nixon and his lot ever were.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    those who make the real decisions behind the scenes in this administration are many times more calculating, power hungry, and conspiratorial about their machinations than Nixon and his lot ever were.

Does one of them smoke, by any chance? ;):p
  • Options
    Sorry MoK, you lost me on that one.
  • Options
    X-Files reference...
  • Options
    csm.jpg
  • Options
    Surely noone needs a newspaper article to tell them how useless and dangerous 'president' Bush is:p
  • Options
    nixon was just your average bent politician compared to the lot in the white house now. bush and his bots are exceptionaly dangerous.
    remember pissinthepot and others ...we'd spend forever asking why they believed hussien had anything to do with new yoork ...then ages explaining why he wasn't ...they could not get their heads round it at all. america has been a truly great country so it's no wonder the people believe in it so much. the 21st century agenda goes right over their heads it would seem.
    one word from the american press and the people were queing for survival equipment ...only in america. the land of the free has become the land of fear ...overnight. that is fucking scary.
  • Options
    Bush will hammer any democratic candidate he faces.

And I will laugh.
  • Options
    Would that be in the same way as he hammered Al Gore in 2000?

And what would you laugh Mat? Have you actually read the article? Can you find or think of a single positive thing the lunatic has done?
  • Options
    LOL. Yes indeed. Thanks to Dubya good old Steve Bell has been inspired to brighten the mornings of half million people every day. :D
  • Options
    Yes, ive read the article.

Its completly one sided and utterly biased. But I wouldnt expect anything less from the Independent.
    Can you find or think of a single positive thing the lunatic has done?

Plenty, but whats the point you will always come up with the negatives and ignore the positives.
    Al Gore in 2000?

Gore actually stood a chance, these poor in fighting democrats dont.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore

Plenty, but whats the point you will always come up with the negatives and ignore the positives.

cop out. we all said bush was lying about every aspect of iraq ...you all defended him. still going to defend that crAP? there are so many negatives ...please give some positives ...
  • Options
    Ahh i see, MoK. No don't need such conspicuous characters to understand that power politics is by its very nature conspiratorial. Just look at the history of conspiracies that were exposed and youll perhaps come to understand that many many more aren't thanks to "plausible deniability" and the age old smokescreen of "national security".
  • Options
    My teacher (who's also pretty anti US foreign policies) told us, that the interesting thing is not to find anti-american in papers with a left-wing agenda, cause basically they do nothing else.
  • Options
    To be honest I don't really care about his domestic policies, just the foreign ones. This country is just as bad as we (ok the government) back him all the way.

I have been guilty of not using my vote in the past but last year remind me why its so important.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    This country is just as bad as we (ok the government) back him all the way.

and cos of that ...for the first time in labour history the labour party ...or tony bliar ...has to hope and pray that bush and his ilk get back in!!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Interesting reading, if perhaps with a little bias.

The reason he is probably going to win the next election is that there are too many Democrate candidates, there are 9 arent there?
    Well, yes, but the point of primaries is to narrow it down so they don't split the vote. Interesting that Iowa rejected Dean - the Democrat head honchos do think he's too far left to be electable, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see more Kerry victories.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    My teacher (who's also pretty anti US foreign policies) told us, that the interesting thing is not to find anti-american in papers with a left-wing agenda, cause basically they do nothing else.
    The Independent isn't too left-wing. You'd expect Bush-bashing from the Guardian, though. The best unbiased read seems to be the Economist (albeit slightly right-of-centre).
  • Options
    Not quite piccolo. Any newspaper or broadcaster that ever dares to tell us of any wrongdoing by the US government is clearly a rabid anti-American left wing loony enterprise that cannot be taken seriously.

Oh, and if the newspaper/broadcaster happens to be American as well, add the charge of high treason to it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Not quite piccolo. Any newspaper or broadcaster that ever dares to tell us of any wrongdoing by the US government is clearly a rabid anti-American left wing loony enterprise that cannot be taken seriously.

Oh, and if the newspaper/broadcaster happens to be American as well, add the charge of high treason to it.
    Grow up, will you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Well, yes, but the point of primaries is to narrow it down so they don't split the vote. Interesting that Iowa rejected Dean - the Democrat head honchos do think he's too far left to be electable, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see more Kerry victories.

You should be aware that even Clinton only won 3% of the vote in the Iowa Caucus in his first Presidential race in 1992 and we all know how far he went.

Dean isn't out of the contention by a long shot, he'll just have to redouble his efforts.

http://chblue.com/artman/publish/article_3635.shtml