Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crash-Course in...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...Speed. I've only done cannabis, poppers and solvents before and may get an opportunity to do speed at the weekend. However i will be touching nothing unless i know at least something about it. So how'd ya do it? effect? comedown? mixing? the lowdown?
Thanks Knowledgable Druggis:p
xxx

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    ooo thanking muchly :D
  • Options
    my worry is your gonna love the stuff just a little beeeet to much.
  • Options
    Yeh Rolly i thought about that. Which is why i don't know if i will. And then situation i'm in is that if i did do it i can't actually get anymore for a least a few weeks. As its only with people i see twice a month at the most. I've just managed to kick the solvents (apart from occasional poppers if im out) and i don't wanna get hooked on something worse:)
    xxx
  • Options
    Careful with speed. It can be a lot of fun, but it can also kick your ass if you're not careful. The comedowns can be a bitch.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    The comedowns can be a bitch.

So true.

Speed is a nice feeling and relatively cheap too so it's not burning much of a hole in your wallet (leaves that 'til the stomach) but the comedowns were so horrendous, sometimes after staying up all night/even all weekend I'd crash so hard and feel like utter shit - having goes at everyone for absolutely no reason, feeling like I wanted to cry my eyes out, etc. Give me a pill comedown over a speed comedown any day!

So yeah, wouldn't go near the stuff with a bargepole now for that reason - lost so much weight via it as well.

Like has been said be careful take too much it will fuck you over just play it safe and just try to take it easy - the next day make sure you haven't got anything to do or anywhere to be, you'll feel a tad terrible. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Right i'm off out to my mates before we go out tonight. Am 50/50. Will report back tomro :)
    xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    Right i'm off out to my mates before we go out tonight. Am 50/50. Will report back tomro :)
    xxx
    shit i was hoping to catch you in!
    i had a love affair with billy. i also had one with smack ...not at the same time of course. the smack was a serious physical and emotional and mental addiction ...but mostly physical.
    the speed wasemotional psycological and mental. i consider the speed to have been a million more times damaging than the heroin.
    the good news is you say you can't get hold of it to easily.
    i loved it that much i bought the company! i used to deal the stuff and would be awake often for 5/6 days and then just crash for two days with pile of jellies. soon as i woke up ...wheres my pin? straight up the arm.
    my fear for you GG is that you have already had problems ...speed can give you serious psycosis. you'll just see it as part of the buzz but the rest of the planet will think you have finaly lost your elgins altogether! you will find the stuff very easy to get if you get a taste for it. you will become very guant and demented and will only be able to function around othere speed freaks as equaly fucked up as you are. the fact there is no physical addiction as such ...meaning you won't become physicaly ill without it is to me the worst mind trick this stuff pulls on you.
    i haven't had any for three days and i feel fine ...but you won't have, only becuase for some reason you can't lay your hands on any.
    i found speed to be a very sexualy powerful drug as well ...if you like it you can't imagine going back to the normal pace of life.
    i'm worried for you ...
  • Options
    Rolly, you can be over dramatic you know, your making it out to be rocks. It is addictive, but its not that bad.

Do a quick search, there was a question about amphetamine a while ago, I gave a long reply there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Rolly, you can be over dramatic you know, your making it out to be rocks. It is addictive, but its not that bad.

Do a quick search, there was a question about amphetamine a while ago, I gave a long reply there.
    bong ...with all respect mate ...you have obviously never been a speed freak!
  • Options
    Certainly not to the extent that you were by the sounds of it, but what I'm saying is that most people wont go on and have an addiction to it, that you were maybe painting as worse than it is.
    This might be because you were mainlining it, and you were doing meth, both of which will make it FAR FAR more addictive.
  • Options
    I didn't do it. Decided against it i figured that i'm enough of a mess without to it..i'm just so fascinated by the stuff, i'd pretty much try anything once. I ended up drunk as hell, had a j with a mate did poppers couple times and left it at that. I still slashed my wrist to ribbons when i got it :rolleyes: i think im gonna have to go straight edge till i sort me out:)
  • Options
    Certainly not to the extent that you were by the sounds of it, but what I'm saying is that most people wont go on and have an addiction to it, that you were maybe painting as worse than it is.
    This might be because you were mainlining it, and you were doing meth, both of which will make it FAR FAR more addictive.
    i was intentionaly painting a worse case scenario bong cos what GG has said before about her problems leaves her wide open to the more serious side of billy. of course there are lots of people out there enjoying the stuff but ...when your already dealing with the problems that GG is then speed is a very threatening bit of gear.
    there are whole little comunities of speed freaks out there who nly associate with other speed freaks. chewing holes in their cheeks and loosing wieght and credability each day.
    amphetamine of any description is a serious drug ...not to be taken lightly.
    and in my humble opinion not to be taken at all if you have GG's problems.
  • Options
    Well certainly, if you have any mental health issues then using drugs really isnt a good idea.
  • Options
    my great gran told me (before she died) that she took it all the time, it helped her do all the housework quicker and she wanted to loose weight as well
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    my great gran told me (before she died) that she took it all the time, it helped her do all the housework quicker and she wanted to loose weight as well
    after the second world war what was known as mothers little helpers were massively over prescribed. dexedrine tablets. amphetamine. (dexies midnight runners)! aimed at houswives to get them into the factories to start producing and rebuilding the economy. all through the 50's and 60's. the rolling stones even did a song about it!
    every mother where i grew up was on them. but a lot of women were becoming extremely thin and psycotic.
  • Options
    then to put matters right ...diazepam (valium) was massively over prescribed to calm things down a bit. but a lot of women were becoming extremely depressed and psycotic.
    all this has been documented as failed social engineering through chemicals.

the other social engineering experiments with chemicals were l.s.d and cannabis. L.S.D was being legaly manufactured by the sandoz chemical company in the 60's for use in psychiatric medicine but it became known that through the C.I.A. and british inteligence services, that sandoz were over manufacturing to introduce it into university life along with cannabis throughout the western world as an experiment in pacifying the public. it spread like wild fire down to the streets and we have never looked back!
  • Options
    Hmmm, thats not going to turn your head inside out, uppers all day and then downers to help you sleep.

Its interesting to look at the reaction to LSD and to MDMA when they were first introduced onto the market for medical use. In fact large numbers of American Doctors and mental health workers tried very hard to stop what happened to LSD happening to MDMA, it did anyway of course.
  • Options
    Hmmm, thats not going to turn your head inside out, uppers all day and then downers to help you sleep.

they weren't prescribed at the same time ...there wasyears of dexies and then they phased that out and replaced it with diazepam.
    mdma was a massively sucsessful medical tool. the yanks fucked that one up.
  • Options
    well my great gran ended up dying in a mental hospital, with manic depression and she hallucinated all the time, she was a fruitcake at the end so the speed could explain that, she had odd bouts of normal where she could hold a conversation but lived in and dwelled on the past

my gran was prescribed valium for nearly 30 years after she had a breakdown due to having a baby born with spina-bifida (sp?)

i think they over prescribe anti depressants now, when i was first depressed i wasnt in the doctors room 5 minutes before she write me a repeat prescripition, granted i was and still have depressive moods, but i know of a lot of people prescribed or offered them for trivial problems
  • Options
    What did they prescribe you for depression?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    What did they prescribe you for depression?

fluoxetine (prozac) i know its not addictive, but i think there given out way to easily
  • Options
    Its difficult, the prescribing of SSRI's is a little too easy, but personally I dont blame doctors in the kind of blanket way some do.

Yes some doctors give it out a bit too easily, but its a funding issue for most, they would like to put you forward for counsiling as well but there just isnt the resources for it.

SSRI's can be very helpful and they are certainly not all bad, but they are most effective when used inconjunction with councilling.

Rolly; In most cases, yes they werent prescribed at the same time, but they sometimes did, a bloke I now once worked for a woman who was on that type of script. He said she was totaly unpredictable, one day she'd be up, happy and enthusiastic the other totaly out of it and pretty much brain dead.
  • Options
    This is the only drug i ever tried and it turned me off, yes its a good buzz but it just feels wrong to me.

im glad u chose not to take it kirsty
  • Options
    Felt wrong? Curious, when I first tried speed properly, I felt like I was coming home, like "this is how I'm supposed to feel" I felt natural.

That first wave as it seeps in, you can feel your body climbing, gradualy speeding up, then the dopamine hits you and you grin in that tense way.

But of course, its a dangerous and addictive drug and should be treated with care.
  • Options
    Felt wrong? Curious, when I first tried speed properly, I felt like I was coming home, like "this is how I'm supposed to feel" I felt natural.

Thats what MDMA felt like to me the first few times.
  • Options
    My first couple of times on MDMA were too strong to feel natural, but you do get this amazing feeling of wonder, like your looking at the world for the first time.

I'm not sure I get that anymore, but I still get that excellent closeness with people, the feeling that there arent any barriers, you can say what you really feel and it will be understood and that they care. Of course you have to do MDMA and not dirty pills, and you have to be in the right company, some trashed bloke you have just met who's done 15 mitzis wont really understand anything, let alone what you really, really, think about marshmallow sqaures.
  • Options

That first wave as it seeps in, you can feel your body climbing, gradualy speeding up, then the dopamine hits you and you grin in that tense way.

But of course, its a dangerous and addictive drug and should be treated with care.

maybe i worded it wrong, it was a great buzz and all,it seemed fun but i don't feel it is for me. as all drugs are, im totaly against using drugs for my own needs unless precribed aswell as smoking, the only one i do use is alchahol,

but i have a lot of friends who use drugs and it doesn't bother me. its there choice,
  • Options
    I could point out the somewhat odd arguement that you are totaly against using drugs, but yet you use alcohol, but as you say its a personal choice thing.
  • Options
    I could point out the somewhat odd arguement that you are totaly against using drugs, but yet you use alcohol, but as you say its a personal choice thing.

i know what you mean its just i dont mind others using drugs i got some good friends who do,