Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Non Drug Users

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I never posted this in the drugs forum because it's a question for non drug users who wouldn't use the drugs forum.

What do people on here as non drug users think of drug users in general, what do you think when you see them out at a club clean out of it on drugs...do you look down at them lower?do you feel different around them? If so, why?

Comments

• Options
    most people are on something wether prescribed or not.
  • Options
    I tend to mean illegal drugs more than legal drugs since most people yes are on some drug, whether it's legal or illegal.
  • Options
    I don't know really. It depends to me really. I pity those who are so much involved in drugs that they have physical addiction and if they wanted to stop they couldn't. I have little respect for those who get so wasted on whatever that they can't comprehend what's going on, but that applies to alcohol as well for me. But I've always thought of the whole drug scene to be something that you can't properly understand unless you have been involved in some way or another.
  • Options
    Re: Non Drug Users
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I never posted this in the drugs forum because it's a question for non drug users who wouldn't use the drugs forum.

What do people on here as non drug users think of drug users in general, what do you think when you see them out at a club clean out of it on drugs...do you look down at them lower?do you feel different around them? If so, why?
    I will be honest here, I did use to think drug users were some kind of lower class. It's kinda how the school taught us to think.

But there are a number of things lately that have made me realise that I was being narrow-minded and stupid. People who choose to use drugs are taking a risk, sure, and I think it's a stupid risk, but I'm not in a position to judge. I realised that a drug user takes the same risks as one who self-harms or has an eating disorder - and sometimes for the same reasons.

Does that make sense?
  • Options
    funnily enough ive just ahd a convo with a mate about this topic, kinda, the way we were taugh in school i always used to look down on people who took/take drugs, but as ive grown older ive stopped judging ppl now, well havent judged ppl for a long long time, but anyway, Its unfair to hate someone, in my eyes, just because he/she may partake in the occasional drug usage etc... A friends a friend at the end of the day, even if you dont know the person who takes drugs, You shouldnt really judge, but as is the way in life everyone will always have an opinion and will judge others....Hope that makes sense, im so not with it tonight. :-/
  • Options
    Drugs used recreationally like alcohol i think is fine and many would agree, but if your a drug addict it can be bad yes, so can being an alcoholic, both are as bad as one another.
  • Options
    Whatever we say we are always wrong, because we don't take them. Surely there are idiots who are popping pills, but have no idea what they are, just experience the side effects.

Drug takers in my experience IRL have been condescending. People I know who smoke hash think they are the bee's knees just because they feel like they are members of some kind of underground group or something.
  • Options
    I remember whenever i didn't take drugs, i used to think i would never take drugs because of the image the school had built up and television and papers,everything, but now i don't look at people in anyway whatever drug they are on, it's their choice, let them do it if they want.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Whatever we say we are always wrong, because we don't take them. Surely there are idiots who are popping pills, but have no idea what they are, just experience the side effects.

Drug takers in my experience IRL have been condescending. People I know who smoke hash think they are the bee's knees just because they feel like they are members of some kind of underground group or something.

Whatever we say we are always wrong?

What's that about?

Pills when usually take contain mdma and yes could contain other stuff, but that's a risk people are willing to take.
  • Options
    very very true! a lot of drug takers ...especialy pot smokers, talk and behave as if they have discovered some great mystery and have mastered that mystery. the non pot smokers or non drug users are seriously missing out on something amazingly important. it's bollox and annoys me ...and i'm a smoker as most of you will know.
    there are complete arsehols who take drugs and some very nice and talented caring people.
    but doc your right ...it stinks when the user looks down on the none user.
  • Options
    I despise drug users. If I ever saw one, I'd shoot them in the face. :o
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    I despise drug users. If I ever saw one, I'd shoot them in the face. :o
    but zoma ...that nose of yours was designed for seriously big lines!
  • Options
    I smoke and one of my friends who hangs around with us dosen't smoke,nobody looks down on him or anything, dosent look at him differently for not smoking a joint, it's no big deal.

He dosen't want to, others do.
  • Options
    Whatever we say we are always wrong?

What's that about?

Pills when usually take contain mdma and yes could contain other stuff, but that's a risk people are willing to take.

I mean people who take drugs say they know more about drugs automatically because they take them, and they are talking about all drug takers and all non-drug takers. But what I am getting at is there is probably loads of raver people who are just taking drugs they are given in clubs, but don't know what they are, whereas there may be someone who doesn't take drugs who is say, a chemist, and is very well educated about different drugs, and their effects etc.
  • Options
    I mean people who take drugs say they know more about drugs automatically because they take them, and they are talking about all drug takers and all non-drug takers. But what I am getting at is there is probably loads of raver people who are just taking drugs they are given in clubs, but don't know what they are, whereas there may be someone who doesn't take drugs who is say, a chemist, and is very well educated about different drugs, and their effects etc.

I know what you mean,like people who take countless numbers of pills in a night among other drugs, their choice again.
  • Options
    I mean people who take drugs say they know more about drugs automatically because they take them,
    when i was a heroin addict i honestly believed i knew more about addiction than anyone ...or at least most but ...i was wrong. i knew plenty about drug taking and the life of being an addict but i knew zilch about addiction. went to rehab and learned all about addiction ...thats how i quit ...by learning something i arrogantly pressumed i already knew.
  • Options
    I know what you mean,like people who take countless numbers of pills in a night among other drugs, their choice again.

Their choice, maybe, but why the attitude? " What do you know? You are just saying the bullshit the school taught you. I know because I take them"etc is very tedious.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    but zoma ...that nose of yours was designed for seriously big lines!

Damn straight, and it makes a good pokey too!

i]Originally posted by the doc horatio [/i]

I see your point, but to an extent you do in a sense have more acquired knowledge of the drug if you take it because you understand more how it works, and as long as you've got a bit of common sense and the ability to listen to your body, you'll work out what is good and what isn't.
    And seen as you're on the subject of pills, unless you have a precise testing kit (which the majority of people haven't) there's just as much risk of dying from an ecstasy pill you buy in a club than there is from buying from your dealer. That is unless you're sold something stupid like dog worming tablets but it's fairly obvious because the majority of pills have a stamp on them, ie. mitsubishi, smiley face, euros, etc.

Edited to add: Also most people, when trying a drug for the first time do a bit of background reading into the effects, duration, etc etc - that is if they have any common sense, so they do have a little bank of knowledge they can fall back on if t hings go pear-shaped.
  • Options
    if you take drugs for your own reasons, in a way that doesn't cause harm to anyone else, i have no problems with you. but:

don't come crying to me when your brain melts. i will have no sympathy for you.

don't boast about it. you got into such a state you vomited all over yourself and forgot your name and where you live? wow. your mother must be so proud.

and i hate when people look down on you cause you choose not to take drugs. i like it when my body functions as it should? how uncool of me.
  • Options
    I dont mind any drug takers, as long as im not in a room full of people who are stoned or monged out on something. I hate partys where they are all smoking dope, all they do is sit there and occasionally a big cheesy grin comes onto their face, then they say something crap and they all laugh hysterically.
    You cant really appreciate most drug users unless youre on the same thing yourself. If youre not then it can be incredibly irritating.
  • Options
    I have no problem with people taking drugs, as long as they dont try to get me to join in.
    I think if they have done a little research into what they're gonna take, and then still wana try it, then it makes it slightly better...As they know what to expect.
  • Options
    I was brought up to look down on drug users, and to an extent I still do although I have more knowledge on why people take drugs. I don't like how people know purposely that illegal drugs will mess up their bodies etc and still do it and I don't like how the consequences of their drug abuse affects others. But thats just me. I wouldn't immediately dismiss a person because they do weed or ectasy though
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    if you take drugs for your own reasons, in a way that doesn't cause harm to anyone else, i have no problems with you. but:

don't come crying to me when your brain melts. i will have no sympathy for you.

don't boast about it. you got into such a state you vomited all over yourself and forgot your name and where you live? wow. your mother must be so proud.

and i hate when people look down on you cause you choose not to take drugs. i like it when my body functions as it should? how uncool of me.

i agree here although i drink and many would say it was hypocritical but at least i know what im getting. papers in scotland yesterday, a young fit lad of 20 died from taking one ecstacy for the first time, another of his friends critically ill in hospital and 4 others requiring hospital treatment cos they got a dodgy batch. one tablet and all those lives wrecked.:no:
    why why why????????
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    why why why????????

Clueless neds perhaps? Didn't think of what they were getting, or if the dealer was trustworthy, just wanted to get " wasted, innit?"
  • Options
    Clueless neds perhaps? Didn't think of what they were getting, or if the dealer was trustworthy, just wanted to get " wasted, innit?"

How very naive of you. :yeees:

I choose to use ecstasy occasionally, when I'm out to a club/rave. Does that make me a clueless ned?
  • Options
    I guess I'm a drug user, but there are some drugs I just don't touch - Heroin and Cocaine being the main two.

When I'm around people doing coke I really pity them and think they are wankers because they are so boring and yet think they are so entertaining. I feel sympathy for Heroin addicts.

At the momentI have been mostly sneering at Smokers!! :D:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    How very naive of you. :yeees:

I choose to use ecstasy occasionally, when I'm out to a club/rave. Does that make me a clueless ned?

No. I'm saying they could have been clueless neds, not people who take ecstacy are clueless neds. The fact you are alive means you obviously know what you are doing. Some people don't.
  • Options
    Re: Non Drug Users

I don't look down on people who take drugs, but I don't mix with people that do them, just because I don't want to be involved in all that. It's something that I really don't see the point of, but each to their own and all that.
  • Options
    The fact you are alive means you obviously know what you are doing. Some people don't.

you never really know what could happen though, even if you're responsible about it.

i've been on prescription drugs that have 'sudden death' listed on their websites as a recorded side affect. and they are in small doses and strictly controlled.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    you never really know what could happen though, even if you're responsible about it.

i've been on prescription drugs that have 'sudden death' listed on their websites as a recorded side affect. and they are in small doses and strictly controlled.

I guess so. If you don't mind me asking, what were these drugs for?

While we are discussing drugs, can someone answer this question, what with me being all naive and stuf. Does anyone take heroin casually? There are loads of addicts, but I never hear of people who just take it now and again. How easy is it to become addicted to it?

p.s. kaffrin I <3 the new av. top stuff :thumb: