Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Non Drug Users

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    I guess so. If you don't mind me asking, what were these drugs for?

p.s. kaffrin I <3 the new av. top stuff :thumb:

antidepressants (citalopram). it's listed as a rare side affect.

and thank you :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    antidepressants (citalopram). it's listed as a rare side affect.

and thank you :)

:eek: crikey i used to be on that!
  • Options
    the site

scroll down to 'Additional Adverse Events Observed During the Premarketing Evaluation of Citalopram'.

and you'll find this:
    Body as a Whole - General Disorders

Frequent: Influenza-like symptoms, nonpathological trauma, pain. Infrequent: Alcohol intolerance, allergic reaction, allergy, chest pain, edema, hot flushes, leg pain, malaise. rigors, syncope. Rare: Peripheral edema, sudden death, traumatic injury.
  • Options
    No drugs are safe.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    No drugs are safe.

What about caffeine? :( I'm consuming it right now. In small amounts mind...
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    What about caffeine? :( I'm consuming it right now. In small amounts mind...

JUNKY! I had better tell the Mary Whitehouse brigade about what you have been doing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    JUNKY! I had better tell the Mary Whitehouse brigade about what you have been doing.

leave my mum out of this.

(none of you will get that).
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    leave my mum out of this.

(none of you will get that).

:lol: I didn't get it. But I laughed because it makes me look cool (or at least that's what they said)
  • Options
    Everything in moderation is what I say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    I was brought up to look down on drug users, and to an extent I still do although I have more knowledge on why people take drugs. I don't like how people know purposely that illegal drugs will mess up their bodies etc and still do it and I don't like how the consequences of their drug abuse affects others. But thats just me. I wouldn't immediately dismiss a person because they do weed or ectasy though

besides heroin use,does it really matter if we are wrecking our bodies, by the time we're 60 ALL of us will be dependent on some form of others, will probably end up living in a chair talkin about the "good ole days", so why would having a perfect body matter, thats what annoys me about fitness people, you're still going to die, i say take loads of drink and drunks and sex and live it, i've been taking drugs for nearly 4 years and i've never gone around saying "take this take that and i'm better than you", i just keep to myself
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    besides heroin use,does it really matter if we are wrecking our bodies, by the time we're 60 ALL of us will be dependent on some form of others, will probably end up living in a chair talkin about the "good ole days", so why would having a perfect body matter, thats what annoys me about fitness people, you're still going to die, i say take loads of drink and drunks and sex and live it, i've been taking drugs for nearly 4 years and i've never gone around saying "take this take that and i'm better than you", i just keep to myself

Here's an interesting letter you might want to read...

"Dear Abby: The letter from "Concerned Daughter-in-Law," whose mother-in-law continued to smoke after being diagnosed with emphysema and deteriorating lungs, brought back some painful memories for me. My mother was diagnosed with the same condition and she, too, continued to smoke. Her reason was that she was going to die anyway, so she might as well enjoy the only little "pleasure" left in life. It took her three long years to die from this horrible disease. What young smokers fail to realize is that smoking causes creates a dependency. So, while adolescents and teens may take up the habit to appear "hot," "cool" or grown-up, breaking the habit may require not only iron will, but medical intervention. "
  • Options
    Casual drus users don't bother me... why should they? It is their life and what they do doesn't have any effect on me.

Drug users who have taken it so far that they're addicted and who ruin not only their own lives but the lives of those who love and care for them can rot in hell as far as I am concerned.

Hmmmm *thinks about what she has just written*. Personal experiences may have clouded my judgement on that last point.
  • Options
    I know this thread doesnt apply to me, but ive seen some commenys which i thought were really open minded and mature and i respected, such as Faith's (only name i can think of off the top of my head) but there have been some comments i dont respect.

I think (and being a drug user this is my view) in a similar way to Faiths, when i think of non - drug users i dont think of them as better or worse than me, but i choose not to be in their company (just as they may choose not to be in mine).. i dont like to be around people who dont use. I enjoy being around 'druggys' so much more :) I have had better converstations, feel more at ease, feel on a level with them and we all have exactly the same daft sense of humour!

had to put my view in there...
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    i agree a dodgy batch. one tablet and all those lives wrecked.:no:
    why why why????????
    thalidomide ...valium ...barbiturates ...are the first sfae pure drugs that come to mind ...along with other legal stuff like alcoho l...liquid liver rot, violence, madness. tobacco ...death disease and amputations. the list is huge. just cos you get them from a doctor who is prescribing massive proffit kind of drugs makes you feel realy safe innit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Here's an interesting letter you might want to read...

"Dear Abby: The letter from "Concerned Daughter-in-Law," whose mother-in-law continued to smoke after being diagnosed with emphysema and deteriorating lungs, brought back some painful memories for me. My mother was diagnosed with the same condition and she, too, continued to smoke. Her reason was that she was going to die anyway, so she might as well enjoy the only little "pleasure" left in life. It took her three long years to die from this horrible disease. What young smokers fail to realize is that smoking causes creates a dependency. So, while adolescents and teens may take up the habit to appear "hot," "cool" or grown-up, breaking the habit may require not only iron will, but medical intervention. "

my comment was referring to illegal drugs, that is the whole purpose of this thread, smokin a couple of joints at the weekend isn't goin to give you emphysema or lung cancer, and it has been claimed that these diseases are genetic, not that some people are immune but lessimmune to others, the whole jist of my comment was to enjoy it, theres no enjoyment from cigarettes is there? And as for the dogy batch, they probably walked up to a stranger and asked, if you have a dealer he's not goin to sell you dodgy pills, 1) he'd want you to come back to him for more so why sell bad ones, 2) you can report him if you get fucked up or your friends can report him if you die.
  • Options
    I only really use soft drugs, but if people wanna pop pills I say it's their decision and I don't think that anybody who drinks alcohol has any right to bitch at others for using drugs... Alcohol fucks people up as much as pills in my opinion and I know, I was abused by my Dad's alcoholic girlfriend for years...
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I only really use soft drugs, but if people wanna pop pills I say it's their decision and I don't think that anybody who drinks alcohol has any right to bitch at others for using drugs... Alcohol fucks people up as much as pills in my opinion and I know, I was abused by my Dad's alcoholic girlfriend for years...

if the government knew the true effects of alchol 60 years ago it wud have been made illegal and still would be, it is one of the most destructive drugs there are, i know other illegal drugs do that to but i hate it when people say "oh you're a druggy then go out and get absolutely plastered, start fights etc" hypocrites, i never started a fight in my life on dope and i always remember what i do no matter how much i smoke.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    if the government knew the true effects of alchol 60 years ago it wud have been made illegal and still would be,
    WRONG! the yanks tried it in the 1920's. with disastorous results!
    illegal alcohol became massive as organised crime moved in to fill a need and a desire which has been with mankind since the dawn of time. it pisses me off when people disscus drug use as if it was a modern phenonemon. people from every trtibe and every culture throughout history have taken all manner of things to alter their state of mind ...perception etc.
    look at 1920's western worlds consumption of cannabis ...massive!
    look at the victorian and edwardian periods and the MASSIVE ...consumption of heroin, cocain, cannabis etc. look at the vikings and cannabis ...the historical list is amazing and huge.
    the only time there seems to be problems is when men in suits ...(government) tell us what we can and can't use for pleasure and or self medication. this isn't my point of view ...this is historical fact.
    people WANT ...these things and have since the first man saw the first sunset.
    banning alcohol in the twenties gave organised crime the easiest and biggest revenue they could never have dreamt of! there was good quality illegal booze and atrocious ...the bad lead to death and disfigurement. the massive power and wealth generated gave organised criminals homes in the same areas as judges and politicians. but the crims had more power. so much power that they infiltrated the worlds greatest democracy ...and set about changing employment laws ...union regulations ...health care ...transport ...construction ...and on and on. the only way american democracy could be half saved was to legalise alcohol again.
    as soon as it became illegal ...it became rebelious and romantic and fashionable ...to the extent that women for the first time ever ...went to bars (illegal ones of course) on their own and in groups. from all walks of life.
    making alcohol and or drugs proved then that being illeghal meant having no control whatsoever ...handing all control to criminals ...and the billions of quids that go with it.
    this is not my personal view ...this is recorded history.
    make tobacco illegal tommorow ...theres a good case for it ...what do you think will happen ...what will happen to the quality of it?
    ...and previously inocent law abiding citezens will become criminals overnight and have to have good connections with bad criminals.
    it's called human nature ...
  • Options
    question for drug users (soft or whatever) why do you take drugs? if its so you can have a good time (like you only take them at parties etc) then how comes you take drugs instead of drinking a lot of alcohol or whatever? simply curious :)
  • Options
    question for drug users (soft or whatever) why do you take drugs? if its so you can have a good time (like you only take them at parties etc) then how comes you take drugs instead of drinking a lot of alcohol or whatever? simply curious :)
    i aint going to claim to know but ...all our ancestors have doine the same thing.
    altered states of conscious ...altered syates of perception ... have ALWAYS been apealing and ...perfectly normal. it's what a large number of humands have done since the dawn of time ...so maybe the question is to late ...to out of date by a few thousand years.
    and ...the trouble with booze is you can only go to a pleasant stupor ...beyond that it gets into a pleasant stupid ...beyond that ...anything can happen and your mind knows nothing at all about the mental, emotional physical harm you may be commiting to yourself and even worse ...others.
    there are special cells in police stations called drunk tanks. a hole in the middle of the floor for your puke and piss to flow into while you lay out of it.
    it's near impossible to get into that kind of state on drugs. on drugs you can go all night taking them and some more ...and different types ...you might talk enough shit to bore the arse off a none user but you aint going to attack them ...insult them ...beat your freinds up ...fall through a shop window ...get arrested for being out of control. if you get arrested ...it's usualy for possesion ...not becuase of your behaviour.
    does that help?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i aint going to claim to know but ...all our ancestors have doine the same thing.
    altered states of conscious ...altered syates of perception ... have ALWAYS been apealing and ...perfectly normal. it's what a large number of humands have done since the dawn of time ...so maybe the question is to late ...to out of date by a few thousand years.

i understand what you mean, i just want to know why individual people do it
  • Options
    i understand what you mean, i just want to know why individual people do it
    i smoke pot. have done for 35years ...i like the feeling. i no longer smoke everyday ...unless you count the last fortnight and right now ...i feel a ;little giggly ...a little mystical and religous ...but in control of whatever situation hits me. if my house bursts into flamers or theres a massive earthquake right now ...my wits are with me enough to perform right now ...just as well as you will. alcohol aint like that ...though i have had some of that as well.
    how do you describe an orgasm ...fear ...love ...hatred, to someone who has never known those things? so no chance of a special insight from me mate.
  • Options
    i smoke pot. have done for 35years ...i like the feeling. i no longer smoke everyday ...unless you count the last fortnight and right now ...i feel a ;little giggly ...a little mystical and religous ...but in control of whatever situation hits me. if my house bursts into flamers or theres a massive earthquake right now ...my wits are with me enough to perform right now ...just as well as you will. alcohol aint like that ...though i have had some of that as well.
    how do you describe an orgasm ...fear ...love ...hatred, to someone who has never known those things? so no chance of a special insight from me mate.

lol ok so its for you, about the feeling you get that alcohol doesn't give you?
  • Options
    lol ok so its for you, about the feeling you get that alcohol doesn't give you?
    for fucks sake man ...how fast is your connection! i swear your replying before i've finnished typing!
    i like booze ...but i can't drink whiskey all day tommorow and go and build a new chicken shed ...i can with weed.
    i tell you ...he's replying already!
  • Options
    for fucks sake man ...how fast is your connection! i swear your replying before i've finnished typing!
    i like booze ...but i can't drink whiskey all day tommorow and go and build a new chicken shed ...i can with weed.
    i tell you ...he's replying already!

:lol: its called BT Broadband darling! and I'm a lady :yes: not a bloke :no: ok so what about harder drugs (dunno if you've done any) but like for extasy, heroin, cocaine etc? weed i can understand, the others i can't atm :confused:
  • Options
    :lol: its called BT Broadband darling! and I'm a lady :yes: not a bloke :no: ok so what about harder drugs (dunno if you've done any) but like for extasy, heroin, cocaine etc? weed i can understand, the others i can't atm :confused:
    i've been a heroin addict and an amphetamine addict ...all finnished since 1986. i wasn't a down and out addict. i was doing fine financialy and materialy thankyou ...why did i ever even go there ...not a clue!
  • Options
    i've been a heroin addict and an amphetamine addict ...all finnished since 1986. i wasn't a down and out addict. i was doing fine financialy and materialy thankyou ...why did i ever even go there ...not a clue!

good for you :thumb: you know how a lot of anti-drugs people say that weed shouldn't be legalised because it leads to harder drugs? well as an ex heroin and amphetamine addict who still uses weed, do you think that using weed "tempts" you to go back to harder drugs? or thats a load of bull?
  • Options
    good for you :thumb: you know how a lot of anti-drugs people say that weed shouldn't be legalised because it leads to harder drugs? well as an ex heroin and amphetamine addict who still uses weed, do you think that using weed "tempts" you to go back to harder drugs? or thats a load of bull?
    it might well tempt some but it don't tempt me. all this gateway stuff is little understood. there are dope smokers my age ...bazillions of them who have never gone onto anything else.
    i do still have contact with a FEW ...class a users but none of them addicts. amazingly ...one lady i know who was a model in the early seventies ...has taken heroin at weekends since then ...never been addicted. she has worked for social services for the last twenty odd years. young people who use class A's are not allowed into my life at all but ...my oldest son and youngest son both do a bit of coke occasionaly. both smoke weed. both are doing very well in their lives.
    drugs ...like alcohol ...are not for everyone. from the dumbest to the brightest you have no way of predicting if heroin or coke is going to take over your daily life. it's like predicting who is going to be an alcoholic and who isn't ...beforte they have even had their first drink.
    the good thing about heroin ...it damages no organs or your mental capacity whatsoever. i was an addict for years ...i'm fitter than old mates who only ever worked and drank beer. they all seem to be fat and nackered at fifty ...i'm slim, fit, buzzing, busy.
    i'm seriously into life. always have been but ...there will always be casualties ...just like with booze. messed up people. messed up lives.
    but ...were they messed up before they indulged?
    if weed or any other drug leads to harder stuff ...in my experience it's becuase it's illegal and you have to buy, visit, associate ...with people and things and stuff that your not realy looking for.
  • Options
    it might well tempt some but it don't tempt me. all this gateway stuff is little understood. there are dope smokers my age ...bazillions of them who have never gone onto anything else.
    i do still have contact with a FEW ...class a users but none of them addicts. amazingly ...one lady i know who was a model in the early seventies ...has taken heroin at weekends since then ...never been addicted. she has worked for social services for the last twenty odd years. young people who use class A's are not allowed into my life at all but ...my oldest son and youngest son both do a bit of coke occasionaly. both smoke weed. both are doing very well in their lives.
    drugs ...like alcohol ...are not for everyone. from the dumbest to the brightest you have no way of predicting if heroin or coke is going to take over your daily life. it's like predicting who is going to be an alcoholic and who isn't ...beforte they have even had their first drink.
    the good thing about heroin ...it damages no organs or your mental capacity whatsoever. i was an addict for years ...i'm fitter than old mates who only ever worked and drank beer. they all seem to be fat and nackered at fifty ...i'm slim, fit, buzzing, busy.
    i'm seriously into life. always have been but ...there will always be casualties ...just like with booze. messed up people. messed up lives.
    but ...were they messed up before they indulged?
    if weed or any other drug leads to harder stuff ...in my experience it's becuase it's illegal and you have to buy, visit, associate ...with people and things and stuff that your not realy looking for.

ok how can you take a class a drug like heroin and not be addicted? call me ignorant but i was always taught that just do it once and ur hooked (maybe they told us that to scare us). do you mind your sons taking drugs, like in fear that they'll move on to heroin etc?
  • Options
    ok how can you take a class a drug like heroin and not be addicted? call me ignorant but i was always taught that just do it once and ur hooked (maybe they told us that to scare us). do you mind your sons taking drugs, like in fear that they'll move on to heroin etc?
    to become addicted to heroin physicaly you'd have to use about ten quids worth a day every day for about a month ...anything less and you are not going to have the dreaded withdrawl symptoms. but ...i the very first time i took heroin i thought kind of ...wow ...i like this ...i realy like this! i wouldn't mind feeling like this everyday ...so i did feel like that every day for quite a few years so yes ...in a sense you can become psycologicaly addicted before your physicaly addicted.
    not quite true that ...i felt like that but was far to busy. i probably didn't get physicaly addicted for quite a while ...a long while ...but the knowledge was in my head of how things could be ...and i wanted it to be so.
    it's very hard to explain.
    with coke ...you realy can play the guitar or whatever a million times better. if your a surgeon and you take coke ...and they do ...
    you work at a much higher level than those who aren't using. it's not your imagination ...other people can see that your performance is extraordinary ...
    and here lies the problem ...why go back to performing well when you can perform amazingly? so you want to perform like that ALL the time ...and so you do ...for a while. but you need more for that brilliance as time goes on ...and more ...and just a little bit more. when it gets to that point ...your the last person to notice that you are no longer performing like a genius but an idiot. when it does hit you your faced with going back to being mr boring capable or ...just maybe ...if you have more ...you can get that old magic back. you can't of course but your addicted mind finds it difficult to accept that your fucking up.
    drugs work. thats why people take them. drugs don't make you feel pathetic and stupid ...they make you very special ...for a short while. to keep attaining that special though ...is impossible as your burning out.

an interesting thing. in the bible there is a scripture that says ...god hates the practice of spiritism.
    the original word for spiritism or spiritistic practices is ...pharmacia.
    where we get the words pharmacy and pharmaceutical. in other words ...spiritism is drugism!
    there are animals. there are men and there are angels ...a lot of ancient writtings agree and point to one thing regarding spiritism ...a man practising it has risen above his fellow man in the quest of becoming godlike! but he never even attains the status of angel. and then he falls drasticaly.
    i could carry on this conversation for a long while but ...i promised myself i would be in bed around 1am ...goodnight ...and god bless.