Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

London Meet

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Turtle
    Explain?

shes 17 i think
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    There is a gathering taking place in London, an after work's drink on the 22nd January (Thursday) from 6:45pm onwards on the Thames.
    How annoying, I am actually within days of my 18th... Even so I'll be out celebrating all weekend, so I'd better pass!!!
  • Options
    i have afterschool DT till 7:00pm on the 22nd :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    i have afterschool DT till 7:00pm on the 22nd :p

I've never understood how you can get such brilliant grades and yet still manage to get detentions!

And why the hell is it til 7! Our after school's only last for an hour! Not that I've ever had one. I'm a good girly :p :angel:
  • Options
    Well I won't be there. It's a Thursday and I have an exam on the Friday. Also wouldn't that mean people would have to use on-peak travel to get there on time? Seems a bit strange to me.
  • Options
    There is a gathering taking place in London, an after work's drink on the 22nd January (Thursday) from 6:45pm onwards on the Thames.

So really only suitabe for those legally old enough to drink but if your interested then PM me and I'll pass on the details.

So is that really fair ? to be honest these boards are aimed at younger posters so surely if you are arranging a meet it should be something that they can take part in ?

If you want to arrange an adult only one them maybe that should be kept via PM ?
  • Options
    Why don't we do what we did last time. or maybe do an activity during theday on the weekend that'll everyone will enjoy then maybe the older ones can head of at night ect,

maybe just an activity that everyone would enjoy,

suggestions anyone?
  • Options
    Bwahahah, I'm 18. :D

*pokes the children* :p

But I'm not going so it doesn't really matter anyway.

(Have a meet in Derbyshite and meet me. :p It'll be fun. Errrr, I have boobs.)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    So is that really fair ? to be honest these boards are aimed at younger posters so surely if you are arranging a meet it should be something that they can take part in ?

If you want to arrange an adult only one them maybe that should be kept via PM ?

It's not a meetup for the site it's just a meetup from something totally unrelated for people wanting to make new friends in London. If I was organising something speficically for The Site members then obvioulsy I'd suggest something (as I did) like bowling on a weekend that is more suitable for everyone to attend.
  • Options
    Oh ok then, I didnt realise it was something toally unrelated to the site because it was posted here.

I just feel that its unfair organising a meet if the younger ones are not part of the package thats all :)
  • Options

Why? You're never going to please everyone, and long experience dictates not bothering. Name a place and a time, and see who can attend. Again, experience seems to show that it'll be more than three and less than ten, which is a good number for a meet. Don't organise it too much, it's more fun if it takes on a life of its own. Keep it somewhere comfortable, a familiar surrounding like a pub works well, and generally the younger kids aren't allowed out the door by their mummies anyway.

I'd go to Diamond's meet, if I was anywhere near London. But I can't go. Big whoop, I'll just go if there's ever one near me.
  • Options
    Why?

Because if your organising a Site meet then surely it should cater for the age of site members. These boards are aimed at 16 + ? so they are not legal to go pubbing thats why I think its unfair to arrange a meet purely to go to the pub.

I appreciate some of the younger members parents wouldnt allow them to go but lets face it if you had to choose between an afternoon meet which carried on till the evening least that would be better for the younger members if they did decide they were going, with or without their parents knowing.

Edited to add :
    We have all been young and stupid (sorry you young uns but we have all been there) and if I go back to when I was younger I may have been tempted to go to a meet. Now lets suppose one of these younger members decide to go into London on an evening and end up in trouble then Id feel partly to blame. It may sound stupid but its like I want to look out for the younger members and try to make meets as safe as possible for them.
  • Options

I'd go to Diamond's meet, if I was anywhere near London. But I can't go. Big whoop, I'll just go if there's ever one near me.

Hell yeah, lets have one in Nottingham, there's enough of us here and loads nearby (Daisy and Molo in Derby) plus it's the centre of the UK :D
  • Options
    going on what ive just read, and this meeting thing, im agreeing with an afternoon meet. As i would have to be going late afternoon to get back here( yorkshire). and its better for the younger ones too:) as already said by becky.

pending on where you all fancy meeting i'll do my best to go. :)

XXX
  • Options
    Originally posted by PinkFeatherBoa
    Hell yeah, lets have one in Nottingham, there's enough of us here and loads nearby (Daisy and Molo in Derby) plus it's the centre of the UK :D

yeah, my mates are always bangin on about everything from shopping to clubbing to skating in nottingham.
  • Options
    that's because nottingham is waaaaay better than derby :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by PinkFeatherBoa
    that's because nottingham is waaaaay better than derby :p

yeah well... ummm... urrr. derby has.....

we have vinyl vicky! :p
  • Options

So really only suitabe for those legally old enough to drink but if your interested then PM me and I'll pass on the details.

Ah bugger i'm coming down to london on the 23rd-25th!
  • Options
    How about a Sunday afternoon bowling or have a friendly pool tournament??

Best to do something indoors as the weather can't be relied on.

What about those Rileys pool and snooker halls around the country? I think you rent the tables by the hour ?? but also think they have a membership thing going on...
  • Options
    and generally the younger kids aren't allowed out the door by their mummies anyway.

Not really, more and more young un's are meeting people off of the internet,

I'm in if i can make it.. i don't think im busy any other time except start of feb,

Bowling or snooker/pool sounds cool. what about indoor go-karting or something adventurous if anyones up for it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz

I'm in if i can make it.. i don't think im busy any other time except start of feb,

Bowling or snooker/pool sounds cool. what about indoor go-karting or something adventurous if anyones up for it.

Karting is pretty expensive and may put people off, plus you don't really get a chance to talk much!! Snooker is much harder/complex then pool... Most bowling alleys I think are also likely to have pool tables nearby.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    be fun. Errrr, I have boobs.)
    count rude_boyz in then :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz

:yes: My mum would let me go, as long as I told her beforehand. She let me go meet someone on Saturday when it was just me and him (no, it wasn't Lynx before anyone says it) so why wouldn't she let me go to a big site meet? Especially if Graeme was going, I would say Scott but my mum doesn't like him :p

Of course I'd only go if certain people I liked went :p And if it was convenient. I dunno whether I'm gonna have any free time in the next however many weeks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    :yes: My mum would let me go, as long as I told her beforehand.

Im being honest here, theres no way on this earth Id let my Daughter go to a meet, most certainly not in Central London on an evening anyhow.
  • Options
    Im being honest here, theres no way on this earth Id let my Daughter go to a meet, most certainly not in Central London on an evening anyhow.

Well not at night :eek2: she's too afraid of me getting raped and murdered for that! But if it was during the day and if I was with someone I knew already (i.e. Graeme) she would let me :yes:

She's good like that :p
  • Options
    Well not at night :eek2: she's too afraid of me getting raped and murdered for that!

you can get raped and murdered in the daytime too.

and you're much more likely to be raped by someone you know well than by a stranger.

so yeah, i wouldn't let my young daughter out either.

my mum didn't want me to go meet mr. kaff, and i was 21. i had to keep ringing her when he was in the loo so she knew i hadn't been abducted :lol: bless her.
  • Options
    Well not at night :eek2: she's too afraid of me getting raped and murdered for that!

That can happen during the day :(

Just if your going to a meet be careful wont ya. We have all been like you saying "oh i will be fine" but you just never know who you are meeting.
    What if somehow you got seperated from Graeme? you just never know, thats all.

Oh god im gonna get shouted at here for being a pain, but i personally wouldnt want any of you getting in trouble on a meet, that goes for the older ones too. Look at it another way even some of the 18 plus could get in bother, they might not used to drink, have one too many and not know where the hell they are.

ok I will shurrup now :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    you can get raped and murdered in the daytime too.

and you're much more likely to be raped by someone you know well than by a stranger.

Do you's lot not want me to come or summit :p?

And if Graeme even thought about raping me he would be in a great deal of pain around about his groin area before you could say 'Rude_boyz'
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames

That's nice though :)

yeah. it's nice to know she cares. she used to trust me being out and about, cause she knew i was savvy enough to run like hell if things got dodgy. but the whole internet thing got to her, and she'd been watching too much crimewatch.
  • Options
    What if somehow you got seperated from Graeme? you just never know, thats all.

I'd be too personally scared of getting raped and murdered to let that happen! I don't do things by myself if it's in places I don't know!

And it's nice to know y'all care enough to try and scare me off going :p