Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

London Meet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right as some of you may know, i want to make new friends. So if you live in the london area im thinking of setting up a meet, possibly starting in a pub before going on to the trocodero or something.

I duno what it'll be, just wanted to see if anyone would be interested first. You can be male or female, doesnt matter, i just want to make some new friends. It probs be a good idea to exchange msn as well so we can all get to know each other better as a group before we meet. So if your interested reply here.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    It's been done befor.. dunno if people turned up or not.
  • Options
    Would recommend getting some posts on the board before you suggest this - 13 posts is about the right number to just be a troll.

I'm not suggesting you may have bad intentions at all, but people aren't gonna respond to the idea if they don't know you.

But feel free to prove me wrong...
  • Options
    So your telling me that having more than 10,000 posts means i wont kill anyone or stand them up or anything? Post counts dont mean anything, you may have thousands of posts on here, but you could still be a cross dressing lesbian who calls themself frank, yet no one would know it.

I duno why i bother with people sometimes, it was only an idea and i only wanted to make some friends but when im met with hostility like this...whats the point. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lynx
    So your telling me that having more than 10,000 posts means i wont kill anyone or stand them up or anything? Post counts dont mean anything, you may have thousands of posts on here, but you could still be a cross dressing lesbian who calls themself frank, yet no one would know it.

I duno why i bother with people sometimes, it was only an idea and i only wanted to make some friends but when im met with hostility like this...whats the point. :(

That wasn't hostility. I'm not subtle about these things. You'd recognise when I'm hostile.

I agree. In fact, I probably am a cross dressing lesbian with a fetish for terrapins. But at least people know that I appear to be a likeable one. Rolly's got nearly as many posts as me, and I doubt anyone on these boards would meet him. :p But people don't know if they'd get along with you, if they like you. You can tell a lot about someone's personality from their personality on the boards. It's also pretty easy to sniff out a troll, too.

Of course, if you keep making statements like that last paragraph, I'm going to have to start calling you ShyBoy III.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    That wasn't hostility. I'm not subtle about these things. You'd recognise when I'm hostile.

Of course, if you keep making statements like that last paragraph, I'm going to have to start calling you ShyBoy III.

:lol: everyone seems to forget shyboy was the original rude boyz/troll person

but yeah, if u wanna meet mates go down a singles bar or something
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    It's been done befor.. dunno if people turned up or not.

A few of us went, but we all knew each other fairly well from here & IRC and that. Bit different if you've never even spoken to the people before.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    :lol: everyone seems to forget shyboy was the original rude boyz/troll person

but yeah, if u wanna meet mates go down a singles bar or something

Hardly the original, but certainly one in recent memory. But even I'd have to admit he's grown up. Unfortunately, he seems to have left behind spawn, in the form of RudeBoyz, Rachie004, Charbaby, Tink, to name a few.

Incidentally, would it kill you to use capitals, punctuation and real words?
  • Options
    Hardly the original, but certainly one in recent memory. But even I'd have to admit he's grown up. Unfortunately, he seems to have left behind spawn, in the form of RudeBoyz, Rachie004, Charbaby, Tink, to name a few.

Incidentally, would it kill you to use capitals, punctuation and real words?

me?

and im not a spawn of shy boy :mad:
  • Options
    would it kill you to use capitals?

using capitals involves reaching all the way over to the shift key :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    using capitals involves reaching all the way over to the shift key :(

You could get a smaller keyboard?
  • Options
    Its just annoying being called a Troll because i have a low post counts, i normally post on boards where there are no post counts, stops people getting on their high horse. I just want to make some friends, i said id chat to them on msn. I only wanted to make some new friends.

And turtle ive been here nearly as long as you, i remember the likes of GFM and j9j9 and when the board started over again and when you became toroise or something.
  • Options
    Re: London Meet
    Right as some of you may know, i want to make new friends. So if you live in the london area im thinking of setting up a meet, possibly starting in a pub before going on to the trocodero or something.

I duno what it'll be, just wanted to see if anyone would be interested first. You can be male or female, doesnt matter, i just want to make some new friends. It probs be a good idea to exchange msn as well so we can all get to know each other better as a group before we meet. So if your interested reply here.

Thanks

Well at lest you're being proactive in trying to make new friends.

Although if you come across as being desperate then that's more likely to scare people away.

I'd suggest you pick a Date and a Venue and see who wants to come.

Perhaps even look into doing an activity and seeing who's interested in coming down for it. For example I did a Paint Balling thing a few months ago. Was organised by my friend's workplace, was good fun, although worked out pretty expensive with the cost of paintballs.

Some people are happy just going to a pub and drinking and chatting all day and night whilst others want to do an activity like paintballing, go karting, a pub quiz, etc.

BTW how old are you??
  • Options
    I thought it was up to BritJames to organize these things, but since he's gone then....
  • Options

And turtle ive been here nearly as long as you, i remember the likes of GFM and j9j9 and when the board started over again and when you became toroise or something.

i see we have a 'stalker troll' on our hands :yes: very common and tend to fade away after a few flaming sessions
  • Options

He doesn't mean it that way. It's just, you have hardly begun to post. It is better that we get to know you. I didn't think you could get to know people as in really know them, their habits etc. You would be surprised.
  • Options
    Heh well I dont think its a bad idea, maybe more people would come this time as at least we know it can be done properly and there are still a couple of you i'd be intrigued to meet for real
  • Options
    i'd go but i don't think i look old enough to get into a pub....let alone get served lol
  • Options
    You have my support, now I will almost certainly be old enough to go clubbing by the time you get sorted (saves embarrassment!) and I know a few more people round here so it should be good.
  • Options
    I'd go if it wasn't in London :p
  • Options
    If someone organises time n place, and i have money then i would consider going if i could drag someone i know along who is/was on thesite too. Cos no offence but id feel quite awkward around people i dont know very well, and would prefer to have someone i know around.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    If someone organises time n place, and i have money then i would consider going if i could drag someone i know along who is/was on thesite too. Cos no offence but id feel quite awkward around people i dont know very well, and would prefer to have someone i know around.

if you went id be able to tell my parents i was going to london with mates.:p
  • Options
    Ask me again in 4 years when not only will I be able to get into clubs, and be able to travel, but I will feel comfortable meeting people off the internet that I haven't ever spoken to:p
  • Options

But he aint a mind reader. You appear to join here in Dec 03, you did not say you used to post here so what is he supposed to think ?

and sorry I wont be able to join you in London which I can appreciate will make you sad, but dont worry cos theres loads of other canny posters here.............well theres a couple :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken

You were one of the people i was referring to... The other main person was thesiter, or ex siter (not quite sure) that ive already met. Cos i doubt pepsi would be allowed to come.
  • Options
    I'd come again but nothing alcaholic for me this time, well maybe one or two since im not on meds anymore.
  • Options
    awww why did you lot have to get serious it was funny on the first page
  • Options

Well, go on, g'is a hint. Who were you then? Becky's right, telepathy isn't one of my virtues.
  • Options
    Becky's right,

Can you say that again please, I love being right :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    I've suddenly realised we have Bucks people here! Hello! :wave: (By the way, I'm local, if you didn't guess)
  • Options
    There are always the magical mystery meets, that you only hear about it if you are in a certain place at a certain time, and can do the secret handshake.