Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Houseing...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks people..

about the DLA my mother is diagnosed with depression and she get DLA an amount of roughly £350-£370 amonth.

anyway i will get in contact with conxessions and find out what i should do and when i turn 16 ill get in contact with my housing office

also i have just found out my mam went behind my back to my doc and they refurred me to a pysatrist (sp) that will help me get a place wont it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Thanks people..

about the DLA my mother is diagnosed with depression and she get DLA an amount of roughly £350-£370 amonth.

As far as im aware then, thats quite unusual, most DLA recipents are either severely physically or mentally disabled. They really dont like giving people DLA, its pretty hard to get.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    As far as im aware then, thats quite unusual, most DLA recipents are either severely physically or mentally disabled. They really dont like giving people DLA, its pretty hard to get.

Not the low rate.

A friend of mine gets it because she has bad hands and cant grip very well. She cant cook, as she is a danger to herself because she could drop the pans. When she is suffering she cant even make a sandwich, hence she needs help with personal care, so she gets the lower rate which i beleive is approx £60 a month. But as they say "every little bit helps" :)