Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Aborting the Disabled?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    If someone was 24 weeks pregnant and they went into early labour and the labour could not be stopped there is a chance that it could survive.
    Im not against termination so please dont take this the wrong way, but at 24 weeks I dont see a foetus I see a fully formed baby and to me it really is like murder, for the fact that it is fully formed. Obviously I know someone will throw something at me because of what I have just said, but this is how I feel and I just cant accept that someone could have a baby terminated at 24 weeks for the reason she did.
    http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/library/bl-handofhope.htm hope the link works.
    make sure you go to page two to see the pic
  • Options
    That is 21 weeks, I know 3 weeks dont sound long but in pregnancy within 3 weeks there is drastic change.
    I know i said 'fully formed', maybe i shouldnt have gone as far to say that, but there is a chance at 24 weeks for it to survive. I actually took a look round some sites last night and was quite interested in some of the stories i found.
    I found This you may want to look at.
  • Options
    I feel really sorry for the woman who had to make such a heartbreaking decision. At the end of the day, each person knows what they can and cant cope with. She would be the one caring for the child day and night, and its not as if there is a huge queue of people wanting to take on special needs children. The decision to abort, was and should be entirely the decision of the woman, her family and her doctor, and certainly not of some busybody religious nutcase or the courts.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I feel really sorry for the woman who had to make such a heartbreaking decision. At the end of the day, each person knows what they can and cant cope with. She would be the one caring for the child day and night, and its not as if there is a huge queue of people wanting to take on special needs children. The decision to abort, was and should be entirely the decision of the woman, her family and her doctor, and certainly not of some busybody religious nutcase or the courts.
    i think religous people should take in a little more about the ideal ...and the reality. the answer lies in many religous stories regarding people judging other people.