Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Opinions please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well as some of you know I`ve got a baby due in 2 weeks. I don`t know what the baby is, but we`re having real trouble finding a boy`s name and it`s getting desparate.

We`ve kind of been thinking about Damien, but - I dunno. I keep wondering if people will be looking to see if he`s got 666 on his bonce. Is it just me showing my age making that association??

Help! (And pray it`s a girl for me, 4 men is enough in any household).

Comments

• Options
    I like the name Damien... and I do know the association! But I still like it!
    I also like Richard and Alex...
  • Options
    I like Damien too. Maybe you could call your baby Damon...similar but no 666 refs! lol

Liam or Charlie are nice boys names.
  • Options
    lewis, kyle, david , steven, connor.

sorry not so keen on damian
  • Options
    I don't really like Damien.

Something Celtic usually sounds right.

Connor, Liam or Brian should do think trick :yes:
  • Options
    LOL

I know there will be people who don`t like it, same as with any name! What I really want to know is if it makes you think of the Omen? Or anything else?

It`s just if I like a name but there`s a really strong association with it I just couldn`t use it. I think the name Milo is really sweet, but you see what I mean!

Although suggestions will be considered too, so keep them coming. The Celtic thing could be tricky with some names, cause our surname is Welsh. I already have a Lewis, Matthew and Scott.
  • Options
    DAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVE
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy

What I really want to know is if it makes you think of the Omen?

:yes:

sorry. but it does.

how about looking back a while in your family. most of the babies in our family are named after their grandparents, or an important person in their parent's lives who died.

or wait to see if you come up with anything when the baby's actually born. my brother was named cause he was born on St. Nicholas' day (6th December), which is a big thing in the Polish calendar.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    my brother was named cause he was born on St. Nicholas' day

only that?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    DAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVEDAVE

Dave is my ex husband`s name so I don`t think that would go down too well. :D
  • Options
    would be amusing tho:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    only that?

what?
  • Options
    I agree with Stephen only with the ph,
    Sure look at me :D
  • Options
    Brad, Kurt, Scott, Tegan, Josh, Duncan, Nathan, Jay, Leon, Damien and Ian.

Pick one. :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    I agree with Stephen only with the ph,

It's gotta be with a 'v' mate - otherwise it looks liek 'Stefan'. :p

Damian sounds like a pompey name like Wayne Shane or Dwayne. :no:

Joshua (Josh) is good name IMO.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Sorry Miffy but every time I hear the name Damien I think of the Omen movies and I also get flashes of scenes from Only Fools and Horses.

We're also struggling for names for our new one. But we've got till March to decide. Suggestions also for both sexes please. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    Sorry Miffy but every time I hear the name Damien I think of the Omen movies and I also get flashes of scenes from Only Fools and Horses.

heh. yeah. the one where they tell rodney what the baby's name is and he gets all that omen music playing in the background. exactly what i was imagining.

We're also struggling for names for our new one. But we've got till March to decide. Suggestions also for both sexes please. :D

if it's a she, and she's born on the 2nd of March, call her Katherine. :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    LOL

I know there will be people who don`t like it, same as with any name! What I really want to know is if it makes you think of the Omen? Or anything else?

It`s just if I like a name but there`s a really strong association with it I just couldn`t use it. I think the name Milo is really sweet, but you see what I mean!

Although suggestions will be considered too, so keep them coming. The Celtic thing could be tricky with some names, cause our surname is Welsh. I already have a Lewis, Matthew and Scott.

Just how Welsh is your surname? I was going to suggest something like Rhys ... but it depends how much you want to emphasise/escape the Welsh element. On that note - Gareth is quite nice, Welsh tinge but still sufficiently English sounding (except in my accent)
    Or moving away from that something like Jonathan maybe?
  • Options
    Meant to say there's nothing wrong with Damien ... except that he'd have the same name as Liz Hurley's little boy :s !!
  • Options
    Ok i saw this after i replied to you pm lol.
    Right well i don't think you should call him that as i do associate it with 666 etc. Got any other maybes?
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster

Yes, I thought of that too. :/
    Between you I think you`ve made my mind up on that one.

Cymruangel, Rhys would be sooo not be a good name with our surname! :no: And I just don`t like Gareth.

I could find a name easy if it was just me, it`s finding one we agree on that`s the hard bit.
  • Options
    Damien... hmm not so keen, my pse teacher is caled Damion (he told us) and aparently all his mates call him Damo! :lol: :eek2:

Names for lads i like are Ryan, Luke, Ashley, James, Connor and Tyler. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    James

Very good choice :D.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Very good choice :D.

hehe when is your liccle James due?
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by PinkFeatherBoa

Liam or Charlie are nice boys names.
    I like these names especially Charlie :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    hehe when is your liccle James due?

10wks. :)

I don't wanna hi-jack Miffy's thead tho, pm me if you wanna know anything or make a thread pls. Ta
  • Options
    Yes Damian makes me think of The Omen and of Del boy, although I do like the name :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    10wks. :)

I don't wanna hi-jack Miffy's thead tho, pm me if you wanna know anything or make a thread pls. Ta

Aww, hijack away Tweety, I dun mind. ;)
  • Options
    Damien is good.
    Reminds me of my favourite book Demian.

I think that should I ever get a child. Boy or girl, I'll call them Demian as their middle name :yes:
    It's a book that means a lot to me :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    my brother was named cause he was born on St. Nicholas' day (6th December), which is a big thing in the Polish calendar.

I hope that his name is Nicholas then, because otherwise that would make no sense...

Personally I like short names, my two are called Ryan and Luke - eay for them to learn and easy to spell.

Agree with you about Damien though, that name was destroyed by the Omen series. That and Fools and Horses of course ;)