Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

At what age..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did you first try drinking ? And why

Did you first try smoking ? And why

Did you try drugs ? And why

At what age did you "Grow up" ? lol i still feel like a wee kid a heart sometimes :lol:

Comments

• Options
    I used to have a glass of wine with meals at home right from when I was about 10, but only drank out or with friends from 13 or 14, but not often. Only started going to the pub when I was 16/17.

Never smoked. :angel:

Never done drugs. :angel:
  • Options
    Re: At what age..

Did you first try drinking ? And why -- At 14, because 'everyone else' was doing it so i did too :rolleyes:

Did you first try smoking ? And why -- At 14, because i wanted to shock my mates :rolleyes:

Did you try drugs ? And why -- At 14, because 'everyone else' was doing it so i did too :rolleyes:

I really was sooooooo misguided and so keen to fit in, really am ashamed but there you go...

At what age did you "Grow up" ? -- Ive not grown up! My fella said to me he feels about 25 yesterday, i said i feel about 15. I really do. Every now and again ill get a burst of maturity and look down my nose at my mates actions, and i feel 30. Then it goes again and im back to feeling like a kid :p
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I can't remember when I first started drinking but I first started getting 'pissed' when I was about 14

Started smoking when I was about 16 simply becasue I had started smoking pot a yer earlier.

Started using drugs when I was 14 (Pot, Speed, Ecstasy and Sid) but didn't try things like ket or coke for another few years. I started usin gdrugs because they intrested me and once I started I saw that they can be fun without being dangerous!

...and I havn't grown up yet - well I hope not anyway!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Drinking - very young
    Smoking - 26
    Drugs - 19
  • Options

Did you first try drinking ? 15-16, because I wanted to.

Did you first try smoking ? Only had one fag in my life (ahem), it was my 18th and I did it for a dare.

Did you try drugs ? Am a semi-regular weed smoker :thumb: 17 I was, peer pressure.

At what age did you "Grow up" ? Not yet.
  • Options

Did you first try drinking ? I was probably around 16 at New Years. I reckoned the hangoverish feeling I had had was from a dodgy chicken curry :yuck:

Did you first try smoking ? Haha, a month ago? Bout 19, I reckon..I just fancied it, wanted to see what the fuss was :p

Did you try drugs ? Last Friday with young Kiezo :p I can't smoke weed for shit..:blush:

At what age did you "Grow up" ? I'll get back to you on that :)
  • Options
    drink, 14 or 15.
    drugs, 14
    smoking, I tried it once when i was 15. it was horrible so I didnt see the point of perservering.
    I dont know about growing up. I guess its just a gradual thing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ®

At what age did you "Grow up" ? lol i still feel like a wee kid a heart sometimes :lol:

Drink about 13, in mates house around Christmas
    Smoking about the same, my older brother offered me some- and I tried it. Half smoked then for 2/3 years now I hate them!

Drugs,smoked my first pipe about 3 months at one of those festivals (witness) and aint done it since. Dont mine people doing them its just not my thing!

Im still a real child at heart, thats why I love working with kids and stuff too! Even if im in the last few days of my teenage existence!
  • Options
    - 3. Cos my dad gave me some champagne during a BBQ. Haven't looked back since.

- 17. 13th September 2002; cos one was being passed around the table, so i tried it. The next time I tried one was last night... still don't like it.

- Never have done. Never will.

Did you 'grow up'?
    - Not yet. Ask again soon...
  • Options
    Did you first try drinking ? First started drinking when I was around the age of 16, but not going into detail as to why

Did you first try smoking ? Started smoking when I was 14 to help relieve stress and other shit that was going on.

Did you try drugs ? First time I tried any kind of drug was when I was 18 just to experiment, but didn't really get hooked to it because I never had much of it at any one time and also, only did it like was in a while.
  • Options
    Re: Re: At what age..
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Did you try drugs ? And why -- At 14, because 'everyone else' was doing it so i did too :rolleyes:

The film Trainsptting just made me want to do it! :rolleyes:

...and from then on I realised that without drugs I couldn't have a good time!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: At what age..
    Originally posted by Skive
    The film Trainsptting just made me want to do it! :rolleyes:

...and from then on I realised that without drugs I couldn't have a good time!

Yay we both had brilliant reasons! ;)
  • Options
    Drinking - About 14, why? Because it was there and why not

Smoking - About 14, Why? Because others were

Drugs - 14 but before the other two I had pot, then 18 and older for other things, Why? Well because I'd heard they were good.

Growing up? In some senses, yes I've grown up, I know myself, I understand how I think, or at least most of the time, I'm at ease with myself and the people who I'm with. But I'm not too much of an old git.
  • Options
    it was reading an old hippy handbook called `alternative London` that made me want to try drugs. it told you exactly what each drug did and the effects. I was desperate to try Acid after reading it!! I Wish I still had a copy of that book now.
  • Options
    drinking properly - 14 - it seemed the thing to do

smoking - only really tried it once at 15 cos i was curious

drugs - only tried pot a couple of times from 15 and reacted badly every time - as for why, i thought i was being hypocritical saying it was bad if i hadn't ever tried it

im pretty much straight edge now, but i'll have the occasional drink at a party or something but not get wasted, i've had way too many bad experiences and im too young to fuck with my body in my opinion

grow up - ask me in twenty years and i'll probably say ask me in twenty years
  • Options
    Drinking - 16, starting going to the pub regularly when I was 17.

Smoking - 20, haha - I occasionally have a few drags on a fag when i'm in a club, but I've never smoked a whole cigarette.

Drugs - 18 - I'd wanted to try weed for a while and then a mate offered me, and I became a bit of a stoner :D

Grown Up - hmm, probably when I was 14 or 15, something stupidly young like that. I'm as much of a child as I was back then tho.
  • Options
    If you want to be put off taking drugs, or want to put someone else off taking drugs, show them the film Requiem For A Dream.

Amazing film, very well-made, exciting, and downright disturbing. Its one of the best films I've ever seen, but I never want to watch it again. Its that powerful.

Anyone else seen it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks

Anyone else seen it?

yes. and i totally agree.

my parents gave me (pretty diluted) alcohol when i was really young, probably from about 3. they wanted to teach me that it wasn't a big deal, and that i shouldn't go crazy about it. i suppose it worked, cause i stopped drinking at 14.

i smoked for a couple of weeks when i was 13. i'm not entirely sure why. i think it's cause me and me friend thought we were hard. interestingly i got served at that age, and now, some 9 years later, i get asked my age when buying cigs for my mum or friends. dodgy, much?

i have never taken any drugs, and don't plan to.

haven't grown up yet either, although i do enjoy 'a place in the sun' more than i used to. maybe i should buy slippers for christmas.
  • Options
    Drinking - About 10/11 on 'special occasions.' I was probably 13 going on 14 when i actually got drunk with my friends though.

Smoking - Tried it once when i was around 13/14. Just wanted to know what it was like...alot of my mates smoked, and i always said i never would so i wanted to know what all the fuss was about. Ugh. I hate smoking

Drugs - Never done drugs...:angel:

Edited to add the growing up thing...
    I havent 'grown up' yet. Although, i would say im quite mature for my age...thats probably down to having older brothers and sisters.
  • Options
    Drink - when I was 14 but started drinking regularly when I was 15 with my mates because the kind of drunkness that you experience at that age is brilliant, great times...

Smoking - 15 again because my cousin did and he was one cool mofo. Smoked quite lightly until a few months ago when I quit because I hated the smell.

Drugs - only smoked weed which I also started at the age of 15 (it was quite a year!) Someone just offered me a pipe at a party and it went from there.

I'd say I've grown up to an extent because when I go out I rarely get totally hammered but I see people who are supposed to hold respected positions in my year at school fucked out of the brains and I feel a little disgusted by it. So I dunno, maybe I haven't grown out of it yet but I certainly know my limits with what I've tried.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ®
    Did you first try drinking ? 15 or 16, because it was about.

Did you first try smoking ? Don't remember. I've never taken it up so it's not something I remember. Probably college, so 18.

Did you try drugs ? 17/18

At what age did you "Grow up" ?

Still growing :p
  • Options
    Drinking-my dad used to let me have odd glasses of wine when i was like 10/11, but i started drinking properly at 14 cos all my mates were!

Smoking-started at 13,gave up sorta at 15! :D

Drugs-Never touched any drugs.

Grown up-il let u know when i do :p
  • Options
    Drinking: 12 (with friends) - Ive always been surrounded by drink, I spent alot of my early life with my nan & grandad who owned an off-license/pub. And I think I was breastfed alcohol. But yeh... 12.

Smoking: Never tried it, despite how about 80% of all my friends were full time smokers when I was about 14

Drugs: Same as smoking ^
  • Options
    drinking-14 because i like it when i tried it.lol.

smoking-never even tried it and never will.

drugs-im gona stick to alcohol so im never even gona try it!

Grow up- Um..............
  • Options
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    im never even gona try it!

Never say never! ;)

I'm pretty sure most of us drug usres were never going to try drugs at some point! :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive
    Never say never! ;)

I'm pretty sure most of us drug usres were never going to try drugs at some point! :D

I know thats what everyone says!

But i really am not even curious about it! I look at my ex best friend. He just did pot at partys then found a dealer and did it more and more often. He stopped going college and has just been chucked out. He is doing coke aswell now. About 6 months ago he did it every so often!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks
    If you want to be put off taking drugs, or want to put someone else off taking drugs show them the film Requiem For A Dream.

Did it put you off drinking alcohol?

I havn't seen it but I know a little about it. The film is about addiction to heroin and crack, and anyone that may be addicted to these substances is very unlikely to be put off their habit by a film - however 'powerful' it may be!
    Originally posted by Curiouslad
    He just did pot at partys then found a dealer and did it more and more often. He stopped going college and has just been chucked out.

Then he's a bit silly then IMO.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Drink-13/14 i've cut down a lot now wen i was 15/16 i drank A LOT. Badness, now i get really wrecked about once a month an have mabe one/two drinks a week.

Smoking-16, i call myself a social smoker but i'm actually a smoker in denial

Drugs-16 Weed, Poppers, Solvents, i do weed maybe once every few months, poppers i've only done once and there a bit crap an i have a bit of a solvent problemo.

Oh and i'll never grow up :D

xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    i have a bit of a solvent problemo.

:no: these are not good. Please get off them. Solvents ARE a killer!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Drinking - about 14, just because I wanted to have the experience really, and I liked the taste. I've never been a big drinker though.

Smoking - I maybe had a couple of puffs of cigarettes when I was 14, but never really gone in for it.

Drugs - smoked weed from the age of about 14, stopped at about 16 and haven't done it since. Again, because I was curious and wanted to have the experience I think.