Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tipping

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    So they must be paid a higher wage, and as most companys like profit, they will have to raise the price of their food? So you lose out either way... your stilll paying for service

Bopz

Well actually, last time I checked when you order your food at a restaurant service is included in the price of the meal. If I think the waiter/ess has done a good job, I will give them a bit extra, if they havent I wont.

And out of interest do you tip your dentist? Or how about the bus driver? Or do you go up to the street cleaners and tip them?

No?

Well quit your belly-aching. If you dont like your job get another one, its not a difficult thing to do.

It is one thing having people getting "screwed over", and another thing rewarding shit service just because the waiter only earns £4/hour. Your wage is not my concern, so I sure as hell arent going to subsidise it because, as youve already said, the price of service is included in the £11.95 I pay for my steak.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

the price of service is included in the £11.95 I pay for my steak.

God thats dear, the last time I got steak it only cost me £8.95 :D

Bopperz if your not getting good tips i suggest that your not doing your job properly, if you were then you would be raking the tips in. Good waiters/waitresses get bloody decent tips, crap ones get none.