Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ban the sale of fireworks ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Now that is exactly the reason I do not think they should be sold in every shop.
    Fireworks are good, even better when you go to a proper, big organised display.

but the fireworks we can get don't come from the shops, they come from market traders, anyway there's no stopping the fireworks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    I'd welcome any way to stop the fuckers around here chucking them out of car windows.

i'm glad i'm not the only 1 who's experienced the drive-by fireworking by boy racers. i'd love it if one day they had a dud one and it went off in the car taking them and their silly plasitc monstrosity with it. i'd find that highly amusing:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by sprocket
    i'm glad i'm not the only 1 who's experienced the drive-by fireworking by boy racers. i'd love it if one day they had a dud one and it went off in the car taking them and their silly plasitc monstrosity with it. i'd find that highly amusing:D

I've not experienced it first-hand. Thankfully.
    And, hopefully, won't do.

My friend was saying that someone tried to throw one at him, but missed the window and managed to set it off in the car, which is no more than they deserved.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    I've not experienced it first-hand. Thankfully.
    And, hopefully, won't do.

My friend was saying that someone tried to throw one at him, but missed the window and managed to set it off in the car, which is no more than they deserved.

Why not just outlaw selling them to any twat who wears Nike Air totally bling bling huge high Max.
  • Options
    IS IT LIDLE OR ALDI ..can't remember now but they are selling 10 rockets that go up with a whistle and end with a bang for ...99p!
    thats almost free ...
  • Options
    Probably LIDL and the fireworks are probably a load of shite, get the big fuck off rockets..now try aiming one of them down a road,not up in the sky...only joking :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Probably LIDL and the fireworks are probably a load of shite, get the big fuck off rockets..now try aiming one of them down a road,not up in the sky...only joking :p
    beckys going to have your nuts mate!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    beckys going to have your nuts mate!

:lol:

only joking, i wouldn't do that anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    :lol:

only joking, i wouldn't do that anyway.

Good job you said because Mr Roll was right ;)
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I have a question, where are the little monsters parents when they are setting off bangers at the bottom of our stairwell at half midnight???
  • Options
    in their house..people stay out much later than what they used to.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I find something slightly disturbing about 10 year olds being up and about after the witching hour..... Maybe I'm just a grumpy old git!
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Maybe I'm just a grumpy old git!

You aint the only one, I must be the same.

Its disgraceful that kids are allowed to roam the streets late on a night, the parents do not give a shit. When they are causing a nuisance you always hear these parents say :
    "My Johnny would never do that", how would they know what their little johnny is getting up to when he is out, they aint got a clue where little Johnny is, let alone what he is doing :mad:
  • Options
    See, you might or might not approve of it... but back home if you saw, say, your neighbour's kids behaving like vandals it'd be perfectly normal for you to grab them by the ear, march them back to their homes and explain to their parents what they had been up to. Upon which the parents would punish them- anything from being grounded to a couple of well-deserved slaps, and the kid would be sure not to bother you any more.

In one case, in which a local teenager was seen stealing a car radio, this man who was a friend of the family saw him and slapped him right across the face. Then he told him to go to his dad and explain why he had been slapped.

The father apparently slapped him a few more times, and actually thanked the man for taking such action. The youngster was never to do such a thing again, and as far as both men were concerned they stopped him from going down the slippery slope that was common amongst kids in the area (it was a rough neighbourhood and many youngsters ended up hooked to drugs and stealing to fund the habit).

Sadly nowadays (and especially in this country) anyone who dared to do as much as to grab a kid by the ear would be charged with assault; and probably at the kid's parents' request.