Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How touchy feely are you...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How touchy feely are you? Either physically or verbally?

Are you alway's hugging people? Is a peck on the cheek no big deal to you? Do you alway's say 'I love you', and if so, who to?
How do you act toward's your family?

Comments

• Options
    I like all kinds of space. If somebody even like brushes against me in public I get all weird. God, when somebody like tries to hold my hand or give me a hug in public... watch your back... I HATE IT. Keep your distance from me. I don't care if you're my mother or my friend or a stranger. Any touch=Bad touch. Lovey words are ackward. Though... given the right cirmstances with the right people I can be hugy friendly touchy feely...
  • Options
    Re: How touchy feely are you...
    Originally posted by crescendo
    How touchy feely are you? Either physically or verbally?

Are you alway's hugging people? Is a peck on the cheek no big deal to you? Do you alway's say 'I love you', and if so, who to?
    How do you act toward's your family?

Not very.

I always say I love you to my mum. :o

I act normally as a dysfunctional part of the family child does.
  • Options
    I never get close to people i.e hugs or anything i always get all wierd and shy and stuff

Only ever told/tell one person i love them

im really just i dunno i suppose a bit scared (I dsont know why :/) about stuff like that
  • Options
    No I don't hug or peck. I'm disturbed. :p
  • Options
    I've never EVER said 'I love you' or anything like that to my mum, but I'm alway's hugging her in a jokey loving kinda way. She know's I love her, and I know she love's me, but we don't say it.

The ONLY person that I'll say 'I love you' to is my girlfriend/wife (when I have one)

I sometimes play fight with my sibling's (only when we're fighting for something like the remote control), but I never EVER hug them in a lovey dovey kinda way like I do to my mum, and never have. Not even if they've come back from holiday after a few months.
    I just say 'Hiiiiiii, how was it etc'.

Kissing is totally out of the question. Even pecks on the cheek. I'll only kiss my girlfriend (if I've got one), or my female friend's on a night out when their asking for it.

Basically, I'm not touchy feely at all.
  • Options
    Aint it wierd but im not a touchy, huggy person with people, but with our Becks its natural. Like she always comes for a cuddle and stuff but if someone else did it id like wanna get away.
    I always show her love and affection but find it hard to with other people :(
  • Options
    I'm touchy feely with girls, but with males i wouldn't go around hugging around other men, reminds me of mr.deeds.
  • Options
    I'm not touchy-feely with anyone apart from my mum, really - I almost smacked a customer around the face a few weeks ago because they grabbed my arm twice to get my attention - and I don't like standing too close to people. I also find it hard to say 'I love you' to family members because i hate expressing emotion.

I am really touchy-feely when it comes to buying things though. I'm like a five-year-old - I have to feel clothes or pick things up (especially souvenirs or presents) if I'm thinking of buying them.
  • Options
    Meh, i only cuddle my sister when she asks,but i cuddle my parents quite a lot.

I sometimes say i love yolu to them, but not often.

And as far as loving other people, i'd only say it to someone that that i actually loved. I wouldn't lie about it.
  • Options
    when im pissed or wrecked, its touchy feely with ayone!
    otherwise its kinda half and half.
  • Options
    Sometimes, if it's from someone I don't expect, then it can be a total surprise, and I sort of stiffen up (no, not like that), but if it's someone I know, and may expect it from, then I'm quite touchy feely. Don't know how much sense that made, it's a sort of emotional thing, and quite hard to put into words. :confused:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Sometimes, if it's from someone I don't expect, then it can be a total surprise, and I sort of stiffen up (no, not like that), but if it's someone I know, and may expect it from, then I'm quite touchy feely. Don't know how much sense that made, it's a sort of emotional thing, and quite hard to put into words. :confused:

Mr_Wobble ;)

Made perfect sense.:)
  • Options
    i'm a very non touchy feely person.
    The only time i really use touchy feeling words and stuff is in emails and stuff like that. I'm just really not comfortable with it
  • Options

The ONLY person that I'll say 'I love you' to is my girlfriend/wife (when I have one)

what so you're never going to tell your kids that you love them? fucking hell - good luck to your family mate
  • Options
    I've grown up to express my feelings and emotions as much as possible.
    I always ALWAYS tell my Dad I love him, he's the same with me and my brother. Especially now he's been seriously ill... I think it's the most important thing in life, to feel loved. I always give my Dad a cuddle too, when I'm going to bed or whatever.
    I'm a touchy feely person I think. When I'm with my bf I'm forever hugging him, kissing him, pinching his bum, etc etc - he's the same with me as well, maybe not as much though, lol
    Male friends always get a hug and maybe a kiss on the cheek, and female friends get a hug if I think they need one! lol - me and my best friend always tell each other that we love each other - we've known each other since we were 4 and we're inseperable.

When I have kids, I'll make sure they know they're loved... I'll tell them all the time til they're sick of hearing it :p My Dad's always been like that with us, but I'm a very confident person, and I think that comes from knwoing you're loved.
  • Options
    Ick... I hate touchy feelyness with people, especially people who tickle you constantly... it's a blag.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Meh, i only cuddle my sister when she asks,but i cuddle my parents quite a lot.

I sometimes say i love yolu to them, but not often.

And as far as loving other people, i'd only say it to someone that that i actually loved. I wouldn't lie about it.

:yes: I hate it when girls laugh at my jokes and say " aaw, I love you". I told a joke ffs. Doesnt mean I want you children. Unless it was Alice Goodwin........mmmm.....
  • Options
    I used to work with this girl who'd talk for hours, like totally dominate the conversation and gesture and touch me (behind the bar wasn't very big) and it used to irritate the hell outta me... depsite her being a nice person. I hate that, people touching me unless I know them well.
  • Options
    Just been thinking about something TempleOfDreams said about her brother being seriously ill. I've become much more touchy feely, much more into hugging and kissing (pecks on the cheek), since my Grandfather died a few years ago, and the stress of it put my Dad in hospital for a month with a suspected angina/heart attack. Having that happen made me value friends and family so much more, and I've been much more touchy feely since then.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    With my mates (mostly blokes but there are 4 other girls amongst us) we always sit cuddled up, legs over each other, arms round each other. The blokes always kiss the girls hello/goodbye. Were always hugging (even the blokes with the other fellas after theyve had a few drinks) always say i love you to each other. Have play fights things like that. Very touchy feely bunch of people when it comes to the group.

When im with my family tho, its not like that at all.. no i love yous, no hugs (the occasional one from my mum) but, since my younger sister started dating my friend ive started to see her more as a mate so more hugs and touching-but not as much as other mates.

With friends outside of my little group tho, not too touchy feeky, hug/kiss hello and goodbye thats about it.
  • Options
    Just a thought- i think the reason my friends are so touchy feely with each other, but were not with other people is down to the fact that we all do drugs together, all do pills or cocaine or whatever and once u get mashed with someone and you become affectionate that night, and it kinda sticks even when youre sober. Good ice breaker. If it wasnt for doing drugs together on the weekend, we wouldnt be like that during the week. Drugs built our group up and made us strong from an early stage.
  • Options
    im quite touchy feely, like if im talking to people i'l touch their armand stuff like that, but then again i 'talk with my hands' so it seems natural.
    i dont like to say i love you lots though cos i reckon if you say it lots you lose the meaning
  • Options
    im touchy feel with ppl i trust and know. and gf im VERY touchy feely with.:)

im allways hugging my gf's and kissing them.

although now im single:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Problem Punk
    when im pissed or wrecked, its touchy feely with ayone!
    otherwise its kinda half and half.

Im the same. Im touchy feely with my girl friends but not my boy mates.
  • Options
    I'm touchy feely with blokes, unless i feel uncomfortable. I'm not touchy feely with other girls, I really need my personal space. One of my friends is very touchy feely, and I get so frustrated, even if she's just standing too close - she doesn't even have to be touching me.

But with blokes I'm always touching their arm or whatever. I go all flirty :blush:
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    what so you're never going to tell your kids that you love them? fucking hell - good luck to your family mate
    I didn't really think about my kids. To be honest, no I wouldn't tell my kid's that I love them. It doesn't mean that I don't love them. My parent's never told me that they love me, but it's pretty obvious that they do.
    It's kinda like you don't have to state the obvious.
    Some of you will understand that, and some of you won't.
    If my one of my parents suddenly came up to me and said 'I love you son', it will seem very weird. We just don't say those lovey dovey things.
  • Options
    I didn't really think about my kids. To be honest, no I wouldn't tell my kid's that I love them. It doesn't mean that I don't love them. My parent's never told me that they love me, but it's pretty obvious that they do.
    It's kinda like you don't have to state the obvious.
    Some of you will understand that, and some of you won't.
    If my one of my parents suddenly came up to me and said 'I love you son', it will seem very weird. We just don't say those lovey dovey things.

Same here. I guess it all depends how you've been brought up. I'd find it really odd to walk into a house where people all said they loved each other all the time. Not that it's wrong, but just that it's so different to how I've been brought up. It's kinda like... well, I don't know what to compare it to really :confused: It just...is.
  • Options
    I've got a supervisor at work and she is very touch feely.
    She always say's stuff like "Hi sweetheart ............ Thanks darling .......... Can you do me a favour my suger plum .............. etc"

One time she wanted me to say on for a few more hours and she started stroking my arm while saying "We're really desperate, please can you stay on for a few more hours" (while staring into my eyes innocently).
    I replied 'yes' and then she said "Aaaaahh, thanks sweetie, ur a darling".

I don't mind when she act's all touch feely. The point is that we're all different. Some of us are touchy feely, some aren't, and I'm definately not.
  • Options
    Ummm, I'm really touchy feely when I'm drunk- both verbally and physically :razz: :blush:

With most lads, I can be a bit touchy, but no hugs or anything...unless you're kissing them or something.

Recently, I've started telling my friends I love them, giving them hugs etc. I never used to be able to say that, but now I think it's important too :thumb:

My family however,....I don't ever recall my mum telling me she loves me, and I don't ever recall myself telling her so. We've not got that kind of lovey huggy relationship :confused:

Sometimes when I'm on the phone to my dad, he says "love you" at the end and I say it back (I only see him about twice a year). If my mum said it to me, I think I'd get scared. She doesn't do that kinda thing very well :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Just been thinking about something TempleOfDreams said about her brother being seriously ill. I've become much more touchy feely, much more into hugging and kissing (pecks on the cheek), since my Grandfather died a few years ago, and the stress of it put my Dad in hospital for a month with a suspected angina/heart attack. Having that happen made me value friends and family so much more, and I've been much more touchy feely since then.

Mr_Wobble ;)

It's my Dad who was poorly :p but you're totally right, it makes you realise who you care about so much more.