Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How do u act on E's?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Londonboy; West london, and no I dont really go out clubbing that often at all. The last time I went out was Elation, I tried to arrange a meet up with some of the others but they were all too light weight for proper hardcore.

Bob84; I'm glad you had a good time, but if you were ridding a motorbike then thats just fucking stupid, you'll get your licence taken away too for that kind of shit.
    As for what was in your pills, I dont know, given whats in most pills I'd say MDMA with a small amount of MDA.
  • Options
    grrr im fed up of these boards not working :mad:

but basically no i meant bicycle not a motorbike
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: my first good experience
    Originally posted by bob84
    I did this huge wheely (overtaking a car on the inside, oops) and rode home.

Either you you were riding like grease lightning or the driver of the car was kerb crawling!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Londonboy
    E's are probably one of the more safer drugs around and its all in the name of fun.

umm...im sorry but are you retarded? you can die from takin one E....doesnt sound very safe to me
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    umm...im sorry but are you retarded? you can die from takin one E....doesnt sound very safe to me

He's right.

The people who die from taking pillsare too stupid to be doing them tbh. they ignore the risks and generally act like arseholes by not not drinking enough water and dehydrating, or drinking too much water/alcohol and die that way.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I'd would just like to paraphrase something Bongbudda said in the poppers thread - there is no such thing as a safe drug, they are all inherantly harmful.

But as Rise and Shine was implying, there are ways to take them that minimise the risks - that is the information we are trying to share on these boards.

I'm afraid I can't let a statement about 'drugs being safe' slide without comment, 'cos they're not. But if your going to take them be informed and sensible.

Lecture over.

Sometimes this mod stuff is hard work.......
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Bob84; I'm glad you had a good time, but if you were ridding a motorbike then thats just fucking stupid, you'll get your licence taken away too for that kind of shit.

Seconded. I know someone who killed themselves hitting a tree while riding a motorbike off their nut on pills.

Don't do it.
  • Options
    Blond_batman; Yes, you are totaly right, you can die from taking one pill. However the actual statistical risk is very slight, some 1 million pills are consumed every week and there are about a dozen deaths a year, most of those being multi-drug problems.
  • Options
    I first have to say that E is my drug of choice.

K , let me think about the way that i act on E ..... I get really realy friendly and start chatting with everyone, and when i say everyone, i mean everyone. I can leave a club having met at LEAST 4 different new ppl. I Love to dance, and there is no stopping me, i also get really loveable.

When i am shmangeled at a house party, i just sit around and chat alot. All my friends say that i talk so much that they cant get a word in edge ways.

:p
  • Options
    do most of all you's be drunk whenever on e's or do you find this has any bad ways on the effect of the e...for the past lock of weekends i've noticed that whenever i'm with people who are taking e's they are always drunk as well and has no bad effects on them and i know whenever i try it i will probably have some drink in me, is this really that dangerous or just all a myth?
  • Options
    Yeh i usually have a couple of pints before i take an E shogun and ive never had a problem. But then alcohol does make you become dehydrated so its one of those where u need to be sensible about your intake of water.

About what blonde batman said. Yes there is no such thing as a safer drug i suppose because all drugs in some way or another will eventually effect you in a negative way. But in comparison ecstatsy as a drug has a lower rate of death than other drugs.

However i'm not implying that anyone should go out and take drugs and i would never pressure anyone into taking drugs. That is the choice of an individual.
  • Options
    well my mates never take any water or does anyone i know whenever they are out, maybe a glass or so, just sitting smoking spliffs and drinking, no water.
  • Options
    i suppose in some ways E is related to dancing hard and when you dance you sweat, so the fact that your sweating and the drug is making you dehydrated as well is the reason sufficient amounts of water should be consumed.
    But if your just monging out in a corner smoking spliffs then i suppose your only gonna get slight dehydation which would require only a normal amount of water.
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman

I do beleive Londonboy said 'safer' (not safe). He's right though, there are far more dangerous drugs out there you could be taking or smoking - such as alcohol and tobacco (1 in 4 smokers get lung cancer). One pill - yes it could kill but the risk in taking a pill is about the same as taking a trip horseriding or fishing ...every year a lot of people die from choking on something they've eaten, but that doesn't mean your going to stop eating.

At the end of the day if you sat down and worked and the risks you take in an average week you'd be supprised, I bet there's quite a few things that work out to be more risky than dropping an E yet you still wouldn't think twice.

Ecstasy is not the killer that so many people believe it to be - yes it is involved in a small number of deaths a year - but that doesn't always mean it's responsible for the death of the person. Usually a cocktail of drugs is involved where someone has gone OTT and suffered and alcohol is often involved. If people used this drug sensibly then ecstasy related deaths would almost dissapear!

I thinks it's pretty much accepted by most scientist and even the government now that the risk of death from ecstasy is minimal. What is still and unknown is the effect the drug will have on users 20 years down the line from now - (see the thread 'Why does it not supprise me?)!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think on of the reasons you are highly recommended to drink water whilst taking drugs is for the long term health of your internal organs..... Your body is working hard to expel the toxins you have put in to it, and water just helps that along.

By drinking alcohol as well, you are putting extra strain on your body, and the more dehydrated you are the harder your body has to work to cleanse itself. You can get dehydrated from simply not drinking enough liquid, you don't have to be doing loads of dancing or exercise, so if you are smoking or drinking alcohol that will increase your need for water and the amount of toxins that your body has to expel. Its not so bad while you are young and your body is resilient, but it may not be so nice when you are older and your liver has packed it in!!

Just try drinking a bit of water if you don't generally, and see if it makes your comedown any small amount better, sometimes part of the reason you feel shite is lack of sleep and dehydration.
  • Options
    oh I forgot...theres a pic of me on drugs in clubbing and festivels....thats how I act :p
  • Options
    Where's the link then?????:p
  • Options
    As LadyJane said, even if you seem fine after a night out mixing ecstasy and alcohol, you will have put your body under major strain from the mix of an upper and a downer which is obviously not recommended.

Fair enough most of us have gone out and popped a pill or twoafter having a few pints and it's all harmless fun but you've got to take into consideration that the alcohol will make you dehydrate a lot quicker than ecstasy on it's own, and will also make you overheat easier too.

Also I think the stimulant effects of the ecstasy may in a sense mask the effects of the alcohol, so you may feel inclined to have more, and in this sense will make overdose easier.

Just because you survived the night with no hitches, doesn't mean your bodies working fine..
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Where's the link then?????:p
    There ya go :p
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/attachment.php?s=&postid=766198
  • Options
    If people used this drug sensibly then ecstasy related deaths would almost dissapear!

skivel;so what do you call sensibly...
  • Options
    To be honest, i think theres no such thing as sensible use if youre taking it then youre already being VERY unsensible.... (says the girl who thinks shes sensible but takes pills)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    skivel;so what do you call sensibly...

I believe that there is such as sensible use. Motorbikes for instance are a well known to be ptentially very dangerous and many people die on them each year. Now if you had a motorbike and always wore a helmet, didn't use excessive speed all the time and generally took precautions I'd say you were a 'sensible rider'. A sensible ecstasy user in my view is someone that kept up their fluid intake (by that I mean water and isotonic drinks - not alcohol), someone that also doesn't mix other drugs while on ecstasy and someone that generally doesn't go over the top with dancing and the quantity they take.

At the end of the day there are so many precautions you can take to lower the risk from E that virtually nobody shgould die from this drug.

Based on the above I am not a 'sensible user', but I have been doing pills now for 6 years or so and I know my limits and I very rarely go over the top. I am quite proud to say that I have never had a bad experience on pills before in my life .
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    cannabis is fine though on e's would it not be?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    cannabis is fine though on e's would it not be?

As far as I know!

A lot of people smoke it to put of a comedown but from experience I'd say that smoking puff on pills may prolong a comedown, but when it finally catches up with you it can be worse.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    When I've taken e, (not that many times), I get nervous and excited while I'm waiting for something to happen. My heart beats really fast, I get really hot, dry mouth, my leg shakes and I have to keep moving, jiggling about. I get real hyper, giggly and chatty and more confident than usual. Subjects that I wouldn't normally bring up in conversation are less of a problem.

Kissing and physical stuff feels so incredibly nice, probably my favourite part of taking E. I just feel so close to people and kissing makes me feel a way that is undescribable. I'm normally a bit distant and detached, sarcastic, but on E it feels like my true feelings come to the surface.

If I'm alone though, or someone says something to me the wrong way, it effects me badly, I get scared and paranoid, have nightmares except I'm not asleep, get headaches, I've been sick in the past too. Coming up is not fun! I just lie there with my eyes open, all these random thoughts passing through my brain, but I can't grasp onto any of them.

Find it really interesting to read about how it effects other people.

I had a batch which were little white circles with the Superman logo on.
  • Options
    Shogun, the water issue is really blown out of proportion, just drink when you get thirsty, just have some water or juice, with you all the time and just sip it when you get thirsty. Obviously when your dancing you need more than if you are just sitting around at a house party.

And yes you CAN drink booze with pills, but its really not a great idea, not only are there the health problems, with mixing and uper with a downer, but more than anything you ruin the experiance.

MDMA should be light and clear headed, you should feel happy and alert, chatty and generaly lovely, but with booze its more muddled and you just generaly get more 'fucked'.

As for cannabis with MDMA, not there are no real health problems with it as such, I quite like having a few biftas at a club. But personaly I never smoke when I'm coming down, it tends to confuse me and make things worse.
  • Options
    pussy; that was very well wrote there, no wonder so many people try e but alot of people can be put off by the hype on the news and newspapers, so many people die each year from alcohol abuse and nothing is really said, but if someone dies from ecstacy abuse, oh no, he's on drugs, some shit like that, alot of people have a sterotypical view of people on 'drugs', it sometimes gets to me.
  • Options
    i agree with you shogun about the alcohol where people die every year from it, thousands, but someone dies of an e overdose or combined too much alcohol or something else, its proper bad and it pisses me off completely! i have loads of arguments with my family and some friends about drug issues like this. its not their fault just the media is the biggest influence in peoples lives today about wrong and right!
  • Options
    Yes, but just because booze kills more people doesnt mean that MDMA isnt dangerous, it is. In fact I dont think many people give it the respect it deserves.

As I said in my rant a while ago, many drug deaths are just because people were stupid or illinformed which makes them all the more tragic. But also every drug death reflects on all drug users, tarnishing us all.