Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

You know who you are...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Care to explain me how you would justify the newest attack in Jerusalem?

Comments

• Options
    Trust me , they will find a way to justify it.

Israel must hit back , how can you have peace without victory?
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3165279.stm

Jac, all murders of innocents are unjustified and should be condemned whether from the hands of militant groups or the Israelis.

Unfortunately there are people on every side who have no interest in the peace process.
  • Options
    http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/08/19/jerusalem.bombing/index.html

Matadore, it's not about victory, it's simply about feeling secure in your own country. With such kind of attacks, very few people do.
  • Options
    Matadore, it's not about victory, it's simply about feeling secure in your own country.

And people will never feel safe until the terrorists are exterminated.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    And people will never feel safe until the terrorists are exterminated.

which people the Jews, the Arabs or both?

The tit for tat theory really works doesn't it, I mean we can all see the great results so far
  • Options
    which people the Jews, the Arabs or both?

Everyone , Jews , Arabs , Americans , Hispanics , Brits , Irish , French , Germans and even Eskimos.

This is a war against terrorism , and we must not be satisfied with anything less than total victory.
  • Options
    I cannot justify Palestinian suicide bombers killing innocent civilians any more than I can justify IDF soldiers killing innocent civilians.

Unfortunately, as I had imagined, the latest peace initiative lays in tatters.

No surprise there.
    Israel must hit back , how can you have peace without victory?
    Presumably that principle applies to both sides Mat? It's because of that kind of mentality that people on both sides continue to kill each other; they cannot envisage a peaceful co-existence within a two-state solution fair to both sides.
  • Options
    they cannot envisage a peaceful co-existence within a two-state solution fair to both sides.

Thats right , it aint ever going to happen.

So one side must win , and Id prefer it to be the IDF rather than the terrorists.
  • Options
    Everyone , Jews , Arabs , Americans , Hispanics , Brits , Irish , French , Germans and even Eskimos.

This is a war against terrorism , and we must not be satisfied with anything less than total victory.

Then we must also take away the reasons for terrorism, the peace process and negotiations must not be allowed to stop because extremists on both sides wish it to.

If we do they win.
  • Options
    Extermists do not listen to reason , nor negociations , nor treaties.

The only thing that bought Saddam down was force.
  • Options

So one side must win , and Id prefer it to be the IDF rather than the terrorists.

You miss the point that both sides are terrorists. The IDF regularly shoot children, as the suicide bombers blow others up. Neither side is innocent and neither side will win. It is a lose-lose situation.
  • Options
    Then I guess its a stalemate , isnt it?

As ive said before , there will never be peace in the middle east , short of the IDF carpet bombing the Palestinians , but no sane person would suggest that option.
  • Options
    Extermists do not listen to reason , nor negociations , nor treaties.

The only thing that bought Saddam down was force.

The only thing that brought him in was force, oh and CIA backing.
  • Options
    What Simbelyne has said, and another thing: one side doesn't have to win for the conflict to end. International pressure must be applied, force if necessary, so both sides stop their attacks on each other.

But for as long as one side doesn't get anything stronger than a few disapproving words there is little hope of concessions and progress.
  • Options
    i think dubya may have a plan to take whats worth taking from the middle east and then removing it from the planet! the leaders in the middle east have always been very nasty and strange people at the best ...on all sides. they don't want their people to live in the 21st century ...lets send them all back to the stone age ...they'd be happy finaly.
  • Options
    the leaders in the middle east have always been very nasty and strange people at the best ...on all sides. they don't want their people to live in the 21st century ...lets send them all back to the stone age ...they'd be happy finaly.

Thats rubbish , we live in a moderised society which has respect for human life , why can't they?

The Iraqi revolution and the rise of a true arab democracy should hopefully start the ball of democratic revolution rolling in the middle East.
  • Options

Eskimos... what did they do?

:)
  • Options
    Terrorists are everyones enemy , including eskimos.
  • Options
    And the term terrorist is being applied so hypocritically and so often now to describe anyone who doesnt bow to the will and control of more powerful nations or groups which oppose ruling regimes that it has become a meaningless term.

Its okay to fight against occupation and oppression so long as your a friend of the West it seems. Everyone else is condemned as a criminal.

Maybe if the general public stopped swallowing the lies and spin long enough to pull their heads out of their arses and recognise who the real criminals and terrorists are on a global scale we could redress the issues which have forced many (currently branded by certain outspoken political voices as "terrorists") to strike back against those doing them harm.

Once we called such people freedom fighters. Funny how labels seems to change in the fickle and all too suspect winds of political expedience.
  • Options
    Thats rubbish , we live in a moderised society which has respect for human life , why can't they?

it was a bit tongue in cheek why can't they? becuase we wont let them it's as simple as that.
    look at irans first ever democracy ...very sucsessful it was as well until ...the democratic government nationalised the oil industry to stop the U.K TAKING ALL THE WEALTH FROM IRANS VAST OIL SUPPLIES ...meaning the iranian people could benefit ...on a huge scale. so with american help we installed our very own dictator. fucking stinks doesn't it. the middle east cannot have peace and live in a 21st century world because we won't let them.
    the mighty dollar rules.
  • Options
    Amen MR. Well put!

Respect for human life Mat??? You are indeed naive, terribly propagandized or blind if you think our governments' actions around the globe as well as the actions of brutal regimes they continue to support demonstrate respect for human life.

The only thing they respect is economic control and ever increasing power. Anyone who tries to defend against our wanton and gluttonous explotiation and consumption of the planet meets with brutal and murderous oppression or destruction.

*wonders if Mat isnt really pnj in yet another disguise*
  • Options
    No , I am not another incarnation of PNJ , I am just someone who values our way of life enough to want to defend it.
    Once we called such people freedom fighters. Funny how labels seems to change in the fickle and all too suspect winds of political expedience.

So September 11 and the Bali bomb were strikes for freedom? Sounds like you have been propagandized by My Bin Laden and friends.
  • Options
    9/11 still has never been properly and thoroughly investigated so until that happens there is nothign to prove that the coverstory you seem to have swallowed is even true. Knowing the Bush family agenda regarding Afghanistan and Iraq and their strategic importance to backing oil interests i will maintain the belief (the growing belief actually) that it was cooked up and executed by agencies within the US from start to finish rather than foreign terrorists.

Knowing Washington as I do from over 13 years of international political research and analysis work, I am aware that our military establishment has long been inclined to sacrifice innocent lives to get the policy climate in which the budget expenditures will go from trickle to flood as they have under Bush. Or perhaps you ignored the thread with the article that outlined just how willing the Pentagon has long been to use terrorist techniques when:

1. it serves their political/military purposes
    2. it can be plausibly blamed on outside forces so as provide deniability for our leaders.

The Bali bombing, like other acts around the globe is simply a demonstration of the repercussions for the doctrine of overt imperialistic militarism that the US and UK govs have been championing throughout the globe even before 9/11.

You seem to hold the naive notion that everything began with 9/11, hate to burst your bubble but our actions around the globe go back decades and are not forgotten by those who we have victimised for our own constant gain.

Its merely the typical right wing response to ignorantly claim that all current repercussions have somehow sprung out of a vacuum and that we are the poor unwarranted victims of foreign evil. The truth is obviously too bitter for the right wing and its corporate backers to swallow, namely that we are reaping what their greed and lust for global power has sown.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine

*wonders if Mat isnt really pnj in yet another disguise*

The two have very different styles of writing, and reacting to threads.

On the other hand, you have been noticed to slip in English expression and ways of spelling into your post ;)
  • Options
    Yes well, if i thought that any posts in this forum were going to be nominated for pulitzer prizes I suppose I would proof read everything twice. Since they arent and since i tend to post between other things that I am working on at any given moment, i couldnt be bothered.

Youll also notice that I dont tend to comment on other peoples' spelling or grammatical errors either. As long as its readable, I can't see cause to make an issue of it.
  • Options
    I wasn't pointing out to errors of any kind. Simply following the trail of wondering about wether people were who they made themselves out to be, or not.

After all, if you started it, I thought it'd be legitimate.
  • Options
    And it's back to square one once again:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3170115.stm

The roadmap does not seem to be worth the paper it's written on at the moment.
  • Options

State-sponsored terrorism is still terrorism you fucking half-wit. The ONLY difference between the IDF and the PLO is resources- Israel has F16 jets to blow innocent civilians up with and Palestine does not.

Terrorism cannot be justified in any form, no-one on here says that it can. But just because Israel was created as an artificial state to pacify the Zionists doesnt mean that it is not a terrorist organisation.

Oh, and Jacqueline...how can YOU justify Israel killing innocent children from Apache helicopter gunships? Come on, tell me how its justified- national security does not count, as thats all Palestine are fighting for.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    9/11 still has never been properly and thoroughly investigated so until that happens there is nothign to prove that the coverstory you seem to have swallowed is even true. Knowing the Bush family agenda regarding Afghanistan and Iraq and their strategic importance to backing oil interests i will maintain the belief (the growing belief actually) that it was cooked up and executed by agencies within the US from start to finish rather than foreign terrorists.

Knowing Washington as I do from over 13 years of international political research and analysis work, I am aware that our military establishment has long been inclined to sacrifice innocent lives to get the policy climate in which the budget expenditures will go from trickle to flood

The scary thing is i'm starting to believe that. The Northwood conspiracy is TRULY terrifying. (God, I just realised i'm practically scared of everything... ):nervous:
  • Options
    The point is not to be frightened or paranoid about such potentialities but rather concerned, angered, and intent on vocally addressing the flagrant and criminal abuse of power to which our leaders and our political systems have succumbed.

Galvanise enough public opinion and sooner or later the mechanisms for thorough accountability to the electorate and the means of scrutinising such accountability could be introduced and enforced.

History is replete with instances of lone individuals or small groups which have revolutionised society and political systems. why should such revolutions be so unthinkable today? Harder perhaps given the entrenchment of corporate interests, but with the right public momentum even those interests could be subordinated to the demands of increased transparency.