Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

You know who you are...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Oh, and Jacqueline...how can YOU justify Israel killing innocent children from Apache helicopter gunships? Come on, tell me how its justified- national security does not count, as thats all Palestine are fighting for.

Simply, by them not being the goal. Simply by not wanting to target them in the first place. Unlike the Palestinian suicide bombers who's exact goal is to hurt as many civilians as possible.

If you believe it to be the same thing, then we have two very different perceptions.

NB! I am not condoning it, simply highlighting the difference.
  • Options
    Kermit, the Palestinians aren't fighting for national security.

There is no, and never has been, as state of Palestine...
  • Options
    I believe he was suggesting that the IDF's indiscriminate killing of women and children by Apache Helicopter rocket attacks and other sundry methods can in no way be justified as Tel Aviv often does, on the basis of Israeli national security.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    I believe he was suggesting that the IDF's indiscriminate killing of women and children by Apache Helicopter rocket attacks and other sundry methods can in no way be justified as Tel Aviv often does, on the basis of Israeli national security.

Tel Aviv :confused:
  • Options
    Sorry, constantly thinking in foreign policy terms I erred. Thanks for the heads up. I was referring to the seat of government which of course is Jerusalem, and confused it with the location of most foreign embassies/consulates (i.e Tel Aviv).

Mea Culpa.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Kermit, the Palestinians aren't fighting for national security.

They believe that they are fighting for their land. Which they are.

Oh, and technically there *has* been a state of Palestine- it was just ruled by the British:)
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Simply, by them not being the goal. Simply by not wanting to target them in the first place. Unlike the Palestinian suicide bombers who's exact goal is to hurt as many civilians as possible.

If you believe it to be the same thing, then we have two very different perceptions.

NB! I am not condoning it, simply highlighting the difference.

Of course theyre targeting innocent civilians, unless you believe every single Palestinian is a member of Hamas. The bombs from the Apaches dont have some wonderful seeking system that only hits Hamas militants, and the Israelis dont care. So much so, in fact, that they delibertely set out to PREVENT THE INJURED FROM GETTING TO HOSPITAL. The Israelis have the attitude that the only good Palestinian is a dead one, just as Hamas see the only good Israelis as dead ones.

Both siodes are terrorists, thats my point, and anyone who slams Hamas for wanton killing then lavishly arse-licks Herr Sharon for the same act is an idiot.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Then I guess its a stalemate , isnt it?

As ive said before , there will never be peace in the middle east , short of the IDF carpet bombing the Palestinians , but no sane person would suggest that option.
    Ah, this would be the 'Kill 'em all, let God decide' option, then. You're that sure of God's position on this issue?