Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

miscarriage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    they have a site : www.nhsdirect.com

but i don't know how useful it'd be.

to be honest, if you're in a lot of pain, i'd think about going to a&e. the worst that can happen is they send you home again...
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    thanks, i know about the site but it didn't tell me what i should do. i don't think i could drive safely at them oment, but i don't want to be calling an ambulance out for something stupid, or non urgent.

taxi? are you far away? is there no one that could drive you?

it might be overreacting, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.
  • Options
  • Options
    panic away.

but if it gets worse, think about calling for an ambulance, or at least a doctor, cause being in a lot of pain is hardly non-serious...
  • Options
  • Options
    let us know how you get on.

hope you're ok :)
  • Options
    I had no idea you were preggers!
  • Options

i'm going to lie down for a bit and see if it helps.

Hope your ok this morning :(

In the same position I would have just called the ambulance. What you need to do if your losing blood is get it checked, even if it is only a little bit. REST is the most important thing and make sure you just keep having bed rest, no walking about and doing stuff.

Just try to take it easy for a few days, but if it happens again go get it checked straight away. Your not wasting anyones time at all :)
  • Options
    Have a read of this - there are some handy links at the bottom that you could contact for more info.
  • Options
    I didnt know you were pregnant either. Are you losing blood or just hurting. Id be tempted to call an ambulance if youve got no other way of getting to the hospital and are losing blood.
    Hope youre OK.
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh you poor thing ((hugs)) I think you should make sure youve gpt someone with you. Can David come back?
  • Options
  • Options
    Did you definitely know you were pregnant? If you werent very far gone then they might have trouble telling until afterwards (if it happens)
    Im really sorry to hear about this, I hope youre going to be ok on your own, you know theres lots of support here, for what thats worth. Is there really noone who can come and stay with you tonight?
  • Options
  • Options
    *hugs you*

S x
  • Options

i'm going to try and see if i can drive to bradford later on if i feel better. [/B]

Please don't do that, you are in no fit way to drive. what happens if your driving along the motorway and start having more severe pain etc ? that could be the worst thing for you to do, imagine you in agony driving that distance......please have a rethink about that.

Really the best thing for you to do is to keep in bed. If you are early stages pregnancy then as your aware this is the most vital part, so again sorry for repeating myself but dont do anything strenuous, take it easy and just stay in your bed. Obviously being on your own you will have to make drinks etc but dont do anything else.

Hope your feeling better soon :)
  • Options
  • Options
    it's ok becky, i have to drive - i live 20 miles from town, and i need groceries, but thank you.

Dont get loads only get a few essential items. Make sure you use a trolley and DONT carry heavy bags far. It may sound drastic but really you are gonna have to be careful.

Being pregnant is not an illness, but the symptoms you have mean that you must take it easy.

Hope your coping ok :)
  • Options
    hey ive suffered a miscarriage so if you ever need to talk to someone im here.
    i know its horrible and your probably feeling like shit at the moment just wondering whats happenin and youve probably got a million and one things going through your mind but theres always someone around to talk to you no your not alone.

u said the doctor said your probably having a miscarriage i dont wanna alarm you and make you worry more but thats what they said to me it was a gradual process with me i started getting pains 2 weeks before i actually started bleeding and miscarried.

the best thing you can do at the moment is have lots of rest (your probably feelin worn out), take things easy and try not to worry to much i no its easier said then done but stress dosent help,look after yourself.

i know im no expert but ive been through it myself so if theres anything u need to no, want to ask or just want a chat im here for you take care *hugs*
  • Options
  • Options
    just to bring you up to speed - i lost the baby.

thanks for all the comments, they mean a lot.

Aw i dont know what to say apart from im thinking about you. Ive never miscarried before but I can kind of understand how you must be feeling.

*hugs*
  • Options
    sorry, GWST. *hug*

hope you feel better soon....
  • Options
    I'm so sorry....I hope you're feeling ok, just get some rest now. *hugs*

Is there anyone with you?
  • Options
    awww *hugs* am so sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok, i recently m/c aswel, if u need some one to talk too feel free to pm me. xx
  • Options
    Im sorry to hear that. I hope youre taking it easy (((hugs))))
  • Options
    :( hope your doing ok
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    :( hope your doing ok

Me too and I'll be thinking of you, and David. Not that that helps at all. Ugh. xxx
  • Options