Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Situation with a pool group member and a friend

Creativeboy23Creativeboy23 Posts: 238 Trailblazer
edited 13:33 in Health & Wellbeing

Some situations have been making me feel really low.

I shared with a pool group member that it really affected me when he did not respect my absences at pool. He got defensive and did not take any accountability for his behaviour. He lied to the other members that I was being rude, making me out to be a bad person. It hurt me that he was being dishonest and spoke about me behind my back. I clarified the situation, and he still said I was being rude. I spoken to Mind about it but it did not help much.

I shared with a friend that I was really affected when she told me to write down my feelings when I already do that. She apologised and was telling me she meant it as a suggestion because she was looking out for me as a friend, but it has been still upsetting me. She brought it up again on video call and said that I got the wrong end of the stick. Since then, it has left me thinking that she implied that my emotions and thoughts were inaccurate and that they are unimportant. So, I have been feeling invalidated, hurt, isolated, and blamed. I know thoughts and feelings are not always an accurate reflection of a situation, but I think and feel the way I do regardless. I have been very confused about my feelings and thoughts in general. Now, I am thinking that they may be inaccurate making it hard to feel and share them.