Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hospital

spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,188 Wise Owl
Left hospital twice now to get really really drunk but they said they wouldn't refer me to alcohol services because I don't have withdrawal symptoms but they said if I get drunk or anything one more time they would discharge me and throw me out - I'm just sitting in my wee corner on the floor. With my blanket and my pillow and I've just been crying and crying and crying and there's also one nurse that's the same age as me and every time I see her it just breaks me down and I cry and cry harder because she's doing so much with her life and I'm just "abusing the care given to me" and being a complete failure I want to kill myself

Comments

• spacedogspacedog Posts: 1,188 Wise Owl
    Still no one knows what's wrong with me
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 2,031 Boards Champion
    Hey @spacedog, I hear you. I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, it sounds like you've been having a rough time lately. I can understand how the threat of being discharged and thrown out could feel isolating, but you absolutely deserve to receive support through this difficult time. You have value and worth, and we're glad to have you as part of our community here <3

I can understand how comparing yourself to others who are in a similar stage of life to you can make you feel anxious or upset. But importantly, you're not abusing any care. Care and support is specifically there to help people who need it. And in this case where you want and need support, you're deserving of it, simple as. There's enough to go around for everyone who needs it, and that includes you too.

Are you safe? It sounds like you're in a really difficult situation at the moment. I've included some support services below who you can contact if you need someone to talk to. They might not be able to explain what's wrong, but talking about what's on your mind can help to lift some burden off your shoulders. In the mean time, please let us know on how you're getting on. You're not alone, we're here to support you and listen to you during this time:
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samaritans (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.