Homeā€ŗ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting āœØ

She's gone (tw grief, suicide)

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,356 Boards Guru
My friend was in crisis earlier and messaged me but I wasn't able to fully support her and she wouldn't reach out to helplines or anything and now she's gone... I don't know how to process it šŸ’” she's really gone and there's nothing I can do. I feel so guilty though as if I should've done more to help but I didn't and I just can't believe it. I'm so broken
šŸ¦†šŸ’œšŸ¦†šŸ’œšŸ¦†

Comments

• sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,557 Extreme Poster
    sending you the biggest of hugs @Chloe234 - losing a friend is never easy and i can't imagine how you are feeling.

i just wanted to remind you that it is okay to feel however you are feeling. grief is a personal journey that everyone experiences differently. it can take time to process such events so try and allow yourself the time to do so.

i also wanted to say that what has happened is not your fault. it may not feel like 'you did enough' due to the situation, but i'm sure you gave her all you could in trying to support her. remember to be gentle to yourself and your mental health as you grieve and come to terms with the fact she's gone.

and remember we are all here for you as always. <3
  • ellaella Community Manager Posts: 241 Trailblazer
    edited 14:15
    Chloe, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your friend. Please know that none of this is your fault. Feeling like you should have done more is a heavy thing to be holding, but it's not true and not the way it's meant to be. It's important to remember that you can't always prevent someone from harming themselves, even if you try your best. You did what you could, and that's all anyone can ask of you <3

Suicide is a complex and painful issue, and it's okay to have questions. How are you doing today? Is there anything you'd like to talk about?

Processing grief is a good and healthy thing, and there are many ways to do it. Some people find it helpful to talk it out, while others prefer to write about their feelings or even spend time in nature. You might also find it helpful to join a support group for people who have lost someone to suicide.

Here are some suicide bereavement services that can provide support and resources:

Sending love and big hugs to you, friend šŸ’