Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Peer-Led Pathways to Wellbeing: ⭐ You could earn £400! ⭐

ellaella Community Manager Posts: 239 Trailblazer
edited October 11 in Community Announcements
We’ve got an exciting new opportunity for young people aged 14-18 to join us in a six-month project with NCS (NCS Trust: Grow Your Strengths with Our Experiences | NCS )

:star:What’s Your Role?
We’re looking for six people (ages 14-18) to work with our team to design and carry out this research. You’ll also reach out to your own communities to involve young people who aren’t usually heard.

:star:Here’s what you’ll do:
  • Meet online with a group of peer researchers
  • Attend training on how to do peer research
  • Join creative workshops
  • Share the research with your networks
  • You might co-lead group sessions or interviews with a staff member
  • Commit to about 30 hours of work between now and February 2025

:star:What’s in it for You?
  • £400 for your involvement (paid in two instalments)
  • Help create solutions that will guide NCS and The Mix on improving wellbeing programs for young people
  • Gain useful training and experience in peer research
  • Connect with a group of like-minded young people

:star:What are we looking for?
  • People who are 14-18 years old (or close to that age)
  • Have 30 hours to commit to the project between now and February 2025.
  • Feel comfy speaking to your peers about wellbeing programmes.

:star:Dates to keep in mind
The initial sessions will take place online on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:00 PM, on the following dates:

30th October
6th November
20th November
27th November

Apply Here: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=Rv-1Tzdou0C_sANOJmVSgwrd-2L0lk9Ar-luQKa0meFUNzNPMzBEQU9HWUZWTFFXQVBFM0E5NkpRRC4u&route=shorturl
Post edited by ella on

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,656 The Mix Elder
    This sounds like a fantastic opportunity to do and it's even paid which is a huge bonus 👏. Shame I'm a bit old to do this though 😂.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 2,170 Boards Champion
    Do you have to like talk to people verbally :,)
    Profile picture made by @Chloe234

Want to hurt me… go ahead
    Wish to bully me…I’m used to it
    Want to talk crap about me…go on then
    Want to make me cry…feel free
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,356 Boards Guru
    I've been really interested in this but don't know if I'd be any good at it 😂
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • shannonxg_shannonxg_ Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    what is “close to that age” defined as? i would be interested but i guess id not be able to because of my age depending on what “close to that age” means.
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,356 Boards Guru
    edited October 9
    shannonxg_ wrote: »
    what is “close to that age” defined as? i would be interested but i guess id not be able to because of my age depending on what “close to that age” means.

I think they say 20 kinda as a limit, that's what they've said to those involved with youth voice (through the emails) but obviously 14 - 18 is probably preferred (dont hold me on it)
    Post edited by Chloe234 on
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,350 Boards Champion
    Commit to about 30 hours of work between now and February 2024
    ^ spotted this mistake lol
  • shannonxg_shannonxg_ Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    another question, are people from Northern Ireland excluded from this? most things do exclude us lol just don't wanna waste my time filling it out if I will be automatically excluded due to being in Northern Ireland haha
  • ellaella Community Manager Posts: 239 Trailblazer
    edited October 11
    This sounds like a fantastic opportunity to do and it's even paid which is a huge bonus 👏. Shame I'm a bit old to do this though 😂.

@Amy22 It's a shame you can't take part in this! I'll keep an eye out for any other opportunities like this and send them your way <3

--
    Do you have to like talk to people verbally :,)
    @Rose113 Yes, you will need to talk to people verbally! I know that talking to people can feel so nerve-wracking- I feel it sometimes too, but I believe in you! If there is anything we can do to help build your confidence, let us know! I'll also keep an eye out for digital opportunities if they feel more comfy for you at this time :star:

--
    I've been really interested in this but don't know if I'd be any good at it 😂
    @Chloe234 it's okay to feel a bit unsure! Most people do when they try something new. But we think your skills and ideas would be so great for this opportunity, Chloe! If you have any questions or want to chat about it, just shoot us a DM. We can figure it out together!

--
    another question, are people from Northern Ireland excluded from this? most things do exclude us lol just don't wanna waste my time filling it out if I will be automatically excluded due to being in Northern Ireland haha

@shannonxg_ Chloe is right here- 19-20 is generally our remit! Also, this opportunity is open to people who are from Northern Ireland - which is great! :)
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,656 The Mix Elder
    @ella Thank you do much for doing this I really appreciate it actually <3 if you could because it kind of gives me something to do and I'm up for doing some research into wellbeing and online platforms and how they aid young people today.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,089 Wise Owl
    Looks like an amazing opportunity and yay for Northern Ireland inclusivity haha shame im too old but anyone who goes for it from here would be amazing <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.