Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ppl with duty of care

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,267 Community Veteran
I experienced last week a person going off 15mins after I went for therapy And she in a huff
This week another person went with me, I like to stay 30mins after to calm down and the person sed 'ill miss my break'
Both of those occasions I felt wierd or doubting myself. Is tht emotional a8u$3 or is it something else
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 2,031 Boards Champion
    Hey @ellie2000, sorry to hear about your expereince. It sounds like you're not happy with the people tasked with duty of care with you. I wouldn't think that qualifies as emotional abuse, but if they've agreed to stay with you after your session, it's not right that they leave you unattended like this. If it keeps happening, I'd raise the issue with someone. Is there someone you feel you can talk to about this? We're here to support you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,267 Community Veteran
    edited October 3
    @Azziman ppl in tht sort of position aren't supposed to make u worry n doubt yourself, thts psychological abuse. They r supposed to comfort. Wat do others think?
    Crazy mad insane
  • eylaheylah Posts: 3,997 Community Veteran
    hugs ellie <3
    keep your face always toward the sunshine and shadows will fall behind you. 🤍
    @Azziman @eylah wen I say something wierd it gets reported wen I notice something it takes a investigation, y?
    Is it OK to b wierd and urself?
    Crazy mad insane
    Hey @ellie2000 - I can understand that - this person is meant to support you, after all! I wouldn't use the term psychological abuse to describe this, but if they're meant to comfort you, then I hear how this experience would be disappointing compared to your expectations. Is there someone you feel you can talk to about this? We're here to listen to you <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    hru now ellie? hugs 🫂. <3
    @Azziman @eylah the meeting is on Tuesday. Should I stay quiet or go full out on wat I observed? The past homes the manager was at failedand got a poor rating n shut. I found articles on the Web too
    Crazy mad insane
    @ellie2000 if things are troubling you should open up and not stay quiet bc you matter your feelings matter and keeping things inside isnt gd for our wellbeing so defo open up to them bc you matter to. <3
    @eylah should I tell the manager tht he's a bully to his face?
    Crazy mad insane
    i would have a convo abt what your not happy with and would share your views with the manager but try not getting heated in the convo bc i want you to be safe. <3
    edited October 16
    @Azziman @eylah I haven't had a list of wat they wanna tlk about. The ppl on my side hav wrote a list.
    They caused anxiety, panic, me doubting myself n stress and thts not gd is it?
    Crazy mad insane
    Hey @ellie2000, echoing what @eylah says above, your feelings matter and raising those concerns is a valid action to take. That being said, it's important to discuss it in a constructive way - focusing on how you feel instead of pointing fingers at people means that you can discuss the situation without it getting heated.

I can also hear how not having access to the list of talking topics could be causing stress. Could you ask the people on your side if they can share the list with you? Hopefully that can help to ease your concerns. We're here to support you <3