Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

my mum grew her wings yesterday. 🕊️ 💔

eylaheylah Posts: 3,452 Boards Guru
yesterday me and my sister was with my mum when she was took of life support bc her body failed rly instantly. :( i rly miss her i rly do bc she was my reason why i am here today rn im rly struggling bc its so hard now im having to be with my dad now which is hard. i know she was rly poorly but i thought she could fight it but the consultant looking after mum said she was trying but nothing was working. rn i feel broken i feel awful im 18 and now lost my mum i rly miss her i feel awful. :( we had our hardships but i wanted to make mine and hers relationship work again i was willing to help her but it hasnt worked out like that. i miss her sm :(. sry im trying to write but im crying im sry. :( my mum was struggling sm with her health and mh but her mh took over which affected her health so now shes in the sky. i love you mum i hope heaven treats you with love and peace that we couldnt give you down on earth. love you forever. 💔😭🕊️
my pfp is made by me. 🤍

Comments

• toffuna101toffuna101 Posts: 1,395 Wise Owl
    im sorry for your loss @eylah 18 is too young to lose your mum and i hope the grieving process will be manageable for you.
  • AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,326 Boards Champion
    I’m so sorry @eylah i can’t even imagine how much you must be hurting right now. Take good care of yourself and just do the best you can to get through each day right now, because you’re so strong <3 we’re here for you, and there’s no pressure to reply if you don’t feel up to it
  • shannonxg_shannonxg_ Posts: 3 Newbie
    sending so much love your way eylah🩷🩷🩷
  • TriminaTrimina Posts: 16 Settling in
    Hi @eylah, I’m so sorry for your loss. Take as much time as you need to grieve and process the situation. The fact that you were there and spending time with your mum would’ve made it clear to her how important she is to you.
    Things may not be okay now, but working through it at your own pace will make things brighter. However you’d like to grieve, just remember you’re not alone and definitely when you’re ready rely on a good support system of friends and family to get you through. <3
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,462 Wise Owl
    sending you the biggest hug @eylah - i'm so so sorry for your loss. remember to take all the time you need to process things and feel your grief. she loved you just as much as you do her and she'll always be with you, even if its not physically.

we'll all be here to support you when you're ready <3
  • Katie12Katie12 Posts: 317 The Mix Regular
    I am so sorry to hear this, sending you lots of hugs! we are definitely all here for you when you are ready :heart:
  • catherines03catherines03 Posts: 31 Boards Initiate
    Hi @eylah , so sorry for your loss. Grief is always really difficult to deal with, especially at such a young age. When you're ready, maybe it would by comforting to share some of your best memories of her with friends or family so that you can feel she's present? She's definitely watching over you and you can still have a relationship with her i.e. talking to her and thinking of her when you see things she'd like, although it'll be very different from the relationship that you're used to. Grief never fully goes away but you will learn to live with it and you will absolutely feel love and joy and happiness again.
  • GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 1,095 Wise Owl
    edited September 16
    We're so sorry for your loss @eylah. This is heart-breaking to read and we're all here for you. I'm sure there's nothing we can say that will take this pain away but we're here to listen. If you'd like to explore how you're feeling some more, share some memories, or just sit in your sadness, we're here alongside you. This is so hard to be going through. <3

There are also lots of lovely services you can reach out to talk when you're ready:
    The Cruse National Helpline is staffed by trained bereavement support volunteers, who offer free emotional support, information, and counselling to anyone affected by a bereavement. Their helpline number is 0808 808 1677 and it is open from Monday and Friday 9:30am-5pm; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:30am-8pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10am -2pm. They also have a webchat service open from 9am - 9pm Monday to Friday. For email support, you can contact them on helpline@cruse.org.uk. You can also visit their website.

Hope Again is a service for young people up to 25 who are affected by a bereavement. They're run by Cruse Bereavement Care and they offer support via phone, email & have online support through their website. They are open Monday-Friday from 9.30am-5pm, and stay open until 8pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. You can call them on 0808 808 1677 or email them at hopeagain@cruse.org.uk

There's an organisation called Grief Encounter which aims to provide support to anyone who has suffered from a bereavement. They run a helpline and their website also contains helpful resources. They are open Monday - Friday from 9am - 9pm. You can call them on 0808 802 0111, email them at grieftalk@griefencounter.org.uk or visit their website for their counselling service and more information.

Sending you lots of hugs <3
    ♡♡♡
  • amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    I'm so sorry to hear this @eylah what an incredibly painful experience to go through. Just sending you the biggest hug - we are all here for you <3
  • eylaheylah Posts: 3,452 Boards Guru
    thankyou all sm for the kind replies it means a lot to me just taking step at a time rn thankyou. <3
    my pfp is made by me. 🤍
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,506 The Mix Elder
    eylah wrote: »
    yesterday me and my sister was with my mum when she was took of life support bc her body failed rly instantly. :( i rly miss her i rly do bc she was my reason why i am here today rn im rly struggling bc its so hard now im having to be with my dad now which is hard. i know she was rly poorly but i thought she could fight it but the consultant looking after mum said she was trying but nothing was working. rn i feel broken i feel awful im 18 and now lost my mum i rly miss her i feel awful. :( we had our hardships but i wanted to make mine and hers relationship work again i was willing to help her but it hasnt worked out like that. i miss her sm :(. sry im trying to write but im crying im sry. :( my mum was struggling sm with her health and mh but her mh took over which affected her health so now shes in the sky. i love you mum i hope heaven treats you with love and peace that we couldnt give you down on earth. love you forever. 💔😭🕊️

Im so sorry to hear that @eylah that must tough for you to process right now. Your super young to have a lost parent and I can't imagine the amount of pain you must be in. I know that the doctors and hospital staff were trying their super best to bring her back to her former state but unfortunately it wasn't possible. It sounds like she was going through a lot with her own struggles and battles as well. However, I can assure you she is no longer in pain and is in a safe place where she won't have to be constantly fighting a battle. Im sorry for you loss right now and I am thinking of you so much <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • DandelionQueen43DandelionQueen43 Posts: 17 Settling in
    Oh @eylah I'm so incredibly sorry. We're here for you <3
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,809 Extreme Poster
    Im so so sorry @eylah , we are all here for you.
    thankyou it means a lot your all so amazing and i appreciate your all support. <3
    my pfp is made by me. 🤍
    its 4 days without mum its not been gd its not the same without mum. i keep waking up in night thinking shes still here but she not i keep hearing her voice :(. its so hard bc i have no support around me bc dad is happy mum is gone but im rly struggling without mum :(. she was reason why i was carrying on now i have no purpose. 😭😭.
    my pfp is made by me. 🤍
  • TheNightmareTheNightmare Posts: 1,809 Extreme Poster
    eylah wrote: »
    its 4 days without mum its not been gd its not the same without mum. i keep waking up in night thinking shes still here but she not i keep hearing her voice :(. its so hard bc i have no support around me bc dad is happy mum is gone but im rly struggling without mum :(. she was reason why i was carrying on now i have no purpose. 😭😭.

You can pm me if needed and if you think it would help. We're all hear for you.