Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Are you coming to Collage Club? ✂️

ellaella Community Manager Posts: 189 Helping Hand
edited July 24 in Community Announcements
Hey Friends!

Are you joining our collage club for a fun evening of creating your own "Summer Vision Board" on July 31st, from 7-8 PM!? - Answer the poll below:

🚣‍♂️ 🏊‍♀️ 🩳 🏖️ 🏄‍♀️ 👡 🧢

Collaging/Mood-boarding is such a fun way to use your imagination! Here's how this session will work:

Before the Session: Come prepared with your "summer vision board" concept. This could be anything that captures the essence of your ideal summer – a beach holiday, a music festival, or simply relaxing with a good book. Gather digital or physical images, scans/scraps from from magazines, or even hand-drawn elements that represent your vision.

During the Session: If you want, you can share your summer vision board concept with the group. Discuss the images you've chosen and how they represent your perfect summer. This is a great way to spark inspiration from others too :star:

Collage show and tell: At the end of the session, it's time to celebrate your creations! You'll share your completed summer vision boards with the group. Discuss your artistic choices, the emotions your collage brings up, and how it reflects your summer vision.

There are many free software options available. I am going to be making my collage on Shuffle but Canva is also a popular choice. You are also more than welcome to make a traditional cut-and-stick collage too!

Here are some examples if you need some inspo:
https://pin.it/7bqyXLGQW
https://pin.it/2oCy9TFJu
https://pin.it/2X2WgGcsi

Can't wait to see you all there!!!

Are you coming to Collage Club? ✂️ 9 votes

Count me in
33%
kawtharjoudi12Rose113eylah 3 votes
I might be there
33%
SpaceOtterChloe234Slinky 3 votes
I can't make it this time :(
33%
Amy22ebyrne556AnonymousToe 3 votes

Comments

• ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,026 Wise Owl
    Such a fun idea! I’m sorry to miss it, but hope u all have a good time <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,120 Boards Guru
    I might be there
    Im going for a surf so unfortunately cant come!
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • eylaheylah Posts: 3,167 Boards Guru
    Count me in
    i made a summer digital one. <3
    vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. truth and courage arent always comfortable. but they are never weakness.
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,120 Boards Guru
    I might be there
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Im going for a surf so unfortunately cant come!

Depending on how long I'm in for a surf I may pop in to see yalls collages if okay thoo
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Count me in
    is this tonight. <3
    vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. truth and courage arent always comfortable. but they are never weakness.
    Count me in
    is it open.
  • AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,301 Boards Champion
    @eylah go into the group chat section and you’ll find it there
    v7ishm98gft6.jpeg
    Count me in
    @eylah go into the group chat section and you’ll find it there

room wasnt there. is now. <3. but might not get chance to go. <3
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,485 Community Veteran
    I forgot that this was on I would have re-created an account with Canva :joy: I loved using Canva back in the day for making phone wallpapers. I might see if I can join the next collage session <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I forgot that this was on I would have re-created an account with Canva :joy: I loved using Canva back in the day for making phone wallpapers. I might see if I can join the next collage session <3.

Omg @Amy22 that was so weird to see, I literally discovered canva yesterday 😂