Homeโ€บ Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting โœจ

Happy Pride Month! ๐ŸŒˆโœจ

GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 1,095 Wise Owl
edited June 12 in Gender & Sexuality
Happy pride! ๐ŸŒˆโœจ

Always remember that queerness comes in all forms & your identity is valid no matter where you are in your journey ๐Ÿ’–

Here are some gentle reminders for pride month & beyond ๐ŸŒˆ

Alt text spoilered:
It's time to celebrate queer joy! ๐ŸŒˆ

Gentle reminders for pride month:
  • You are queer enough
  • It's okay if you're not up for pride events this year
  • Your gender identity is up to you
  • You deserve to feel safe
  • It's okay that you haven't come out yet
  • You still have time to figure out your identity
  • It's okay to distance yourself from people who don't accept you
  • You are allowed to be confident in yourself
  • It's okay if you haven't found your community yet

oqn1gnp6vb6b.jpg

lvm5m5micsel.jpg
โ™กโ™กโ™ก

Comments

• ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,111 Wise Owl
    Happy pride month everyone! Does anyone have any plans Im hoping to read lots of pride themed books <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    @Amy22 sorry to hear the weather was bad that's so annoying but ooo freebies that sounds good, did u get anything good as well as badges?
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,671 The Mix Elder
    Our local police and fire department were there again this too giving away items. I got my pronouns badge from the police stall. Last year they were giving away fans. Oo I forgot to include the fans in my pic oh well haha ๐Ÿ˜‚. They have a lot of Welsh writing on them xd.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,111 Wise Owl
    My friend hosted a pride event today online and it was rlly enjoyable and I honestly learnt a lot!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I also went to my citys pride for the first time it was held over the weekend but I went on the Sunday because it can get quite busy and loud on the Saturday. I had the best day ever and I met a lot of new people and made friends. They also have a quiet corner too so if I got overwhelmed I go could inside and de-stress for a bit before going back out into the open. <3
    Amy22 wrote: ยป
    @Sunshine12 I got a fidget toy, stickers, flag, lanyard, magnet, wristband (which ended up getting tight on my wrist so had to cut off but found way of wearing ๐Ÿ˜‚). I actually got some pictures below. Some of the stuff I got I haven't included in the pic because they got names and locations n stuff xd. The set of pins I got was a birthday gift from both my parents as my birthday was yesterday ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜. Also the stickers and the badge which reads stimming world is from a local charity I help out with and attend their group sessions. They have an esty and website for artists who work at the charity who identify as neurodiverse. So when I bought the stickers and badge the money given goes back into the charity to help support neurodiverse adult and the employees.

oooo they all look like such cool stuff to get!! it's also really good that they give money to charity for it <3 i know this is late but did u have a good bday ? haha :)
    @Sunshine12 Hiya so sorry for the late response I just only realised that this was still a thread :joy:. I had a fantastic birthday and it was very lovely!. <3.
    @Amy22 yayy! I'm glad to hear, it sounds like u had a great birthday =)