Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Cinema Inspiriation

amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 260 The Mix Regular
Hey everyone! <3

I happen to have a voucher for the cinema that needs using soon and could do with some inspiration =)

I was wondering if anyone has seen a good movie recently? Or is there something coming out soon that you're looking forward to?

Thanks for helping !x

Comments

• lunarcat522lunarcat522 Moderator Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    @amy02 I'm going to see inside out 2 which comes out on the 14th, I'm also wanting to see Freud's last session which I think comes out soon
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,026 Wise Owl
    Im so excited to eve inside out 2 also despicable me 4 for Icr when it comes out i think its july so probs too late let us know what u go and see @Amy22
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Rose113Rose113 Posts: 1,838 Extreme Poster
    @ebyrne556 July 12 its comes out <3
    Profile picture made by @Chloe234

Want to hurt me… go ahead
    Wish to bully me…I’m used to it
    Want to talk crap about me…go on then
    Want to make me cry…feel free
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,206 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 16
    I watched Inside Out 2 yesterday - what a great movie! Had tears, laughter and all the emotions. What sorts of things are you interested in at the moment @amy02? I would be interested in hearing what you choose! =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,420 Wise Owl
    I think this thread has convinced me I need to watch Inside Out 2 (i had no intentions of going to the cinema anytime soon but I may have to change that) 😂
  • amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 260 The Mix Regular
    @lunarcat522 @Rose113 @Laura_tigger82
    Okay you guys definitely have me convinced haha! I'm going to see inside out 2 later this week and very excited for it =)
  • Rose113Rose113 Posts: 1,838 Extreme Poster
    edited June 17
    @amy02 apparently its so good that people cried the whole time
    Profile picture made by @Chloe234

Want to hurt me… go ahead
    Wish to bully me…I’m used to it
    Want to talk crap about me…go on then
    Want to make me cry…feel free
  • Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    yess i deffo agree with every one on inside out 2! i've heard so many good things about it :3
    amy02 wrote: »
    Okay you guys definitely have me convinced haha! I'm going to see inside out 2 later this week and very excited for it =)

@amy02 Going to see it tomorrow, very excited!

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,983 Extreme Poster
    There's a few strong choices in cinemas at the moment - Challengers was a great watch; the new Planet of the Apes was awesome to watch, as was Furiosa; and Inside Out 2 was decent but not as impressive as the others. I'd recommend one of the first three, depending on what kind of films you like to watch :)
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,206 Part of The Furniture
    I can see lots of people are due to or have watched Inside out 2!! Need to hear your thoughts about this movie please :p
    @Laura_tigger82 Was very good, I really enjoyed it, good representation of anxiety/anxiety disorders and adjusting into adolescence. I personally thought it was better than the first film as there were more layers to it.
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,485 Community Veteran
    I think now they have done Inside Out 2, they should do a third film which wraps up all of the movies in one and it shows Riley now as a adult pursuing her career in hockey and maybe finding love and growing up etc. I dont know personally how a third movie would work personally but I think that would be the plot estentially
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 260 The Mix Regular
    I think that's such a great idea @Amy22 ! Would be so interesting to see how we as people change over the course of our lives :3 Maybe in the third movie it could be a full circle moment when it is Riley as a parent to a new character
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,983 Extreme Poster
    @Laura_tigger82 It was a decent watch! First film was very successful, so it set a high bar for this one. I think it was a good follow-up, and they introduced enough new elements that worked well so that it didn't feel like a rehash. It did feel like some of the new emotions weren't really featured much at all though which was a surprising missed opportunity. All in all, was a good (if not fantastic) film!