Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

May achievements, with a theme of movement!

kaiikaii Posts: 497 Listening Ear
Hello! How has everyone’s May been? So sorry that this monthly achievement thread is slightly overdue, these past few days have been very busy for me!

But better late than never! Life can bring us all sorts of chaos; therefore we often forget to take a step back and reflect on what we’ve done. Noting down achievements can build confidence in ourselves so that we can be resilient to future challenges. What have you achieved in May? And as always, your achievements can take any shape and form, as the impact they have on you is what truly matters :smile:

Feel free to write as many achievements as you wish! :3

My achievements this month:
- Opened up to my family about a situation that was bothering me at work, it reminded me that I can always count on them, and I am very grateful for their support
- Recognised that I needed a break from things that usually help me – I took a break from meditation and gratitude journalling a few weeks ago because I realised that they were feeling more like a chore, so I will come back to them once I feel in the moment
- Made lots of improvements in my driving!
- Started doing some spring cleaning in my house! Decluttering has been super fun and seeing less items in my room has given me such a peaceful mind

As for May's theme, World Meditation Day took place on the 21st (https://nationaltoday.com/world-meditation-day/), and of course, there was Mental Health Awareness Week with the theme of movement (https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/our-work/public-engagement/mental-health-awareness-week)!

So in relation to this month’s theme, what kind of physical movement makes you happy? And what other activities (not limited to physical activity), do you find keep your mind moving?

I personally really love dancing – I’m definitely not the most coordinated person, but I really do enjoy it since I find it so much fun ahah. And as for other activities that keep my mind moving, I find that my hobbies like language learning and playing the piano have been keeping my mind energised – my brain just really enjoys learning!

If anyone has any ideas of what the theme could be for next month/what theme you would like, feel free to let me know!

Great job everyone for getting through May! I'm certain that June will be lovely for you all <3

Kai
cinnamoroll supremacy : )

Comments

• ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,026 Wise Owl
    Amazing achievements everyone super proud of u all!
    Mine are
    Prioritising self care and reducing the workload to stop burnout
    Getting back in touch with a old friend and being honest with them about how things have been
    Getting more things published hurrah

Happy june everyone hope its a great month for you all! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • kaiikaii Posts: 497 Listening Ear
    @Amy22, happy mindful month! Meditation can be tricky, though I've always loved how it encourages you to allow yourself to see your thoughts and to not necessarily ignore it - for me when I close my eyes, random experiences kind of flash here and there. It's not so vivid but not so blurry either. It just helps me to be at peace and become comfortable with letting the experiences happen without doing anything about it. And with practice you will get better at learning to come back to the breath! It's frustrating at first, but you will get better :smile:

Huge congrats for getting to the end of your work placement! That's absolutely amazing - I'm sure you've learned so much and go through the whole journey, I'm sure the experience has prepared you for whatever comes next for you too :3

@Katie12, Incredible job for completing your psychology degree! You've worked so hard and it's amazing that you'll be graduating this year! Really well done for getting through it - studying has been challenging but you managed to pull through! <3

@ebyrne556, those are some amazing achievements! I'm glad that you've been taking care of yourself and got back in touch with an old friend. Getting a lot of things published is incredible as well, great job! :smile:
  • IsThisJustFantasyIsThisJustFantasy Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Amazing achievements from everyone and you've all been very productive.

I joined a movement challenge for Mental Health Awareness Week, requiring participants to walk 70,000 steps. The challenge lasted 7 days and there was a choice of finishing it at any time within the 7 days. I did it in a day and was glad I pushed myself.

In May, another thing I achieved was going to my local cafe alone. Eating out in public makes me feel self-conscious and anxious, and though I felt like this in the cafe, there were positive moments. I went to the cafe again a week later and even though I felt anxious, it was nice having a treat and the experience ended well.

For June, I would like to spend more time in the outdoors. Yesterday, I visited a scenic landscape with meadows and beautiful wildlife, and I'll be going on more similar outings this month.

@ebyrne556 same - I wish for June to be a great month for everyone.

@IsThisJustFantasy, really well done for joining the movement challenge, especially finishing it in a day! That's just incredible! And I totally relate to how you feel when eating out in public - I also become anxious and self-conscious, but I'm so glad that there were positive moments and that the experience was good for you in the end! This is really inspiring and I really want to try and eat alone in public now :smile:

I hope you enjoy the other outings you have planned this month! Spending time outdoors gives us such a lovely and refreshing feeling, doesn't it? <3

Really well done everyone! Hope everyone's enjoying their June! :3
  • IsThisJustFantasyIsThisJustFantasy Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    @kaii balancing all the things you shared including the things you’ve been taking a break from is hard! Playing the piano and language learning are cool hobbies and skill is needed for both so you should be proud of yourself for having the ability to do those intellectually challenging hobbies. I like the refreshing feeling in the outdoors too 😊

I’m glad you're feeling inspired to eat out alone - it’s possible to overcome the uncomfortable feeling in time. You can and will get there. I’m inspired by your achievements too ❤️
  • Matthew_04Matthew_04 Moderator Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Well done to everyone this month!
    I always look forward to seeing this post and reading everyone's lovely achievements.

My achievements are: reconnecting with old friends, moving house and finishing my exams!
    I love going on runs, although I haven't been out running recently, these days I try to squeeze some yoga into my evenings.
    I've also been trying to read more this month and take more time to try embroidery and start some arts and craft projects. I find that keeping my hands busy embroidering really helps me stay in the present and not get carried away with unhelpful thoughts.

I look forward to reading everyone's achievements in June! Have a great month <3
    @IsThisJustFantasy thank you so much! I do think that it's important to take breaks from the things you love/the things that are designed to help you, especially when you realise it gets counterproductive. I actually started journalling again yesterday after not journalling for a month! And I found that it really helped a lot this time especially as a lot of things have been happening all at once recently and I can't keep up, and it was a good moment of solitude and peace with myself :3<3

I'm really glad to be playing the piano and learn languages - I haven't been doing these hobbies due to the chaos of placement, but I'm so excited to get back into them again!

Thank you so much for sharing your achievements, you are inspiring so many people as we're just getting through life together, and it's just lovely to know that you've given yourself the confidence you deserve! :3<3
    Amazing achievements @Matthew_04! I can imagine that it must have been so hectic trying to balance the social life with your old friends, revising/taking exams and moving house! Really well done for getting through all these, and congratulations for finishing your exams! <3

Going on runs is so peaceful! I hope you'll be able to find the time to go out for a run again at some point. And yoga in the evenings just sounds so relaxing! It's really great to hear that embroidery helps you stay focused in the present - it's just one of those activities where you can lose yourself in and just forget about all the worries that have been occupying your mind :smile: