Home Neurodivergence
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Has anyone watched Geek Girl ?

AutisticGirlAutisticGirl Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
have any of you watched the new netflix tv series of geek girl i've seen the 1st 2 episodes

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,485 Community Veteran
    I don't think I have watched Geek Girl yet (another reason may be because I haven't got Netflix and hopefully I will get Netflix because I do feel there are some shows that I am really wanting to watch). I have got however the first book of Geek Girl somewhere in my bedroom (I haven't collected them all yet but maybe I will). It sounds like a great series as I remember browsing some of the book and it looked very good. I also love Holly Smale the writer of the series too!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • lunarcat522lunarcat522 Moderator Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    @AutisticGirl I haven't but I do remember enjoying reading the book series!
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,420 Wise Owl
    @AutisticGirl - not yet but it is currently sat in my Netflix list waiting to be watched (along with about 10 other shows)
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,026 Wise Owl
    I loved the books but am waiting till my bestie is free to watch it together <3
    It came out a day late and I was so annoyed but i still haven’t watched it haha
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    @AutisticGirl oooo yes i've watched it all! i loved it and watched it all in 2 days haha i'd never even read the book either (even tho i own one)
  • AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,301 Boards Champion
    I read the books a few years ago but I can’t even remember what they were about to be honest 😂 I liked them though, I had the whole series
  • Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 217 Trailblazer
    I remember loving the books when I was younger and I have started watching the series on Netflix to see if it stays true to the books
  • AutisticGirlAutisticGirl Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    yeah it briliant i haven't read the books i am totally going to
    I started watching it last night! Really great so far <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AutisticGirlAutisticGirl Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    yes i just finished it it's awesome
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,485 Community Veteran
    @AutisticGirl That's amazing!. Im glad that you really enjoyed the show so much. I'll definitely put it on my list of shows to watch <3.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    I finished watching this a week or so ago. It was meh idk I liked it but it wasnt my favourite and the books were a lot better really excited for a good girls guide to murder though which is on iplayer and hopefully there is a 2nd season which is even better
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,420 Wise Owl
    I forgot I said i was gonna watch this lol - I've been busy with about a million other things (aka university work that is trying to destroy me 😂) - I'm taking the fact that this discussion has re-popped up on my screen as a sign I need to sit and watch it at some point soon 😂