Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Hopes

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,224 Community Veteran
Y do ppl say yes b4 the date u look forward to and then they crush u by saying no on the day?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,224 Community Veteran
    I feel bad 4 the ones who r on my side
    Crazy mad insane
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,026 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000 I’m really sorry that this happened to you. Sometimes people have circumstances that they can’t control like a family thing happens or they unwell, but I can understand how disheartening it can be and sometimes you feel really let down. How are you doing now? I hope you’re okay and do something nice for yourself this weekend. ' Sending hugs. <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 701 Part of The Mix Family
    It can be really frustrating when you are looking forward to doing something with someone that they have already agreed on doing only to get let down on the day. Sometimes it's unavoidable but if you notice this happens a lot with a certain person, it might be that they have other things going on, for example, anxiety, that might make them cancel last minute.

Is it possible to talk to them and get them to agree to let you know before the day if they can't make it (rather than on the day)? Or to make plans on the day or the day before so that they have a better idea or whether or not they can stick to the plans?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.