Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Sculpture I made like, 2 years ago?

celestial_dogcelestial_dog Posts: 16 Settling in
This is Bill :) he's made of spoons and knives, bc he's a spoonbillk8fk9upzwsc7.jpg
At heart, just a little bit of a good person

Comments

• AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 2,301 Boards Champion
    WOW, that looks amazing!!
  • sputniksputnik Posts: 97 Budding Regular
    WOAH he is so cool!! And he has a very nice rosette :mrgreen: richly deserved!
    How long did it take you to make him? Looks like a lot of work!
    I know you fought hard as hell

but let this sink in

you do not have to fight by yourself

~ lyrics from Willow by The Little Unsaid
  • yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    HE IS SO COOL omg how long did tbat take you? thays fr so cool omg
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    what did u use to get the strucrure to hold?
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • celestial_dogcelestial_dog Posts: 16 Settling in
    @yana @sputnik AA THANK YOU!!! I made it for a mastery assignment, took me about a month (:
    @yana hes made from styrofoam I carved (I got it from the bins at a tech shop) he's got a bit of wire inserted to keep him upright (the wire from the legs is rlly long so it goes through into the body), there's also wire through his neck, holding up his head (a drawer knob lol)! Thanks sm for the question!!
    @sputnik thanks! The rosette was from a local art competition :)
  • SlinkySlinky Posts: 411 Listening Ear
    Class
    @Slinky sorry, what?
  • SlinkySlinky Posts: 411 Listening Ear
    Lol sorry @celestial_dog i mean good work, looks cool
    @Slinky OH okay sorry, thank you!!
  • IsThisJustFantasyIsThisJustFantasy Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    splendid work @celestial_dog
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,485 Community Veteran
    Hey @celestial_dog that is so so fantastic and WOW so amazing too!. You got a very lovely skill actually in fact and I bet that took ages to make but I bet you were super proud and you should be very very proud of making that sculpture. As someone who did a foundation art course in the past I had to do a bit of sculpture but with clay and I know how long it can take to properly sculpt something and make it too!. I think I made the hulk but it looks more like the Thing (my tutor said it looked more like The Thing from Fantastic Four :joy:)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,026 Wise Owl
    Wow this is amazing so talented! Have u made any other ones since then?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AoifeAoife Community Manager Posts: 3,151 Boards Guru
    This is amazing @celestial_dog! Keep sharing all the creative things you've made, it's so lovely to see :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,420 Wise Owl
    @celestial_dog - i'm obsessed - this looks amazing and like it took the month or so to complete. the detail of it is just fantastic :3
    @ebyrne556 thank you!!! I haven't done much sculpting since, but I'm currently working on a recycled textiles sculpture of a dog! I'll probably post it here when I'm done :)
  • Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 217 Trailblazer
    Hi @celestial_dog this is amazing you should be really proud of your creation and I am glad it was appreciated with a rosette. Are you currently making anything at the moment you would like to share? <3
  • lunarcat522lunarcat522 Moderator Posts: 608 Incredible Poster
    @celestial_dog That's so cool, we'd definitely love to see the end product! You're really talented!
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,983 Extreme Poster
    edited June 3
    This looks amazing @celestial_dog, nice work! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.