Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.

Today

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,224 Community Veteran
edited May 22 in Health & Wellbeing
I put a cone on a skip today, I got told to take it down I did tht nd it slipped, it fell. Then I got yelled at, depression make u do silly n weird things, y?
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by ellie2000 on

Comments

• MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 701 Part of The Mix Family
    Sometimes, if we are depressed, we might not think and feel the way we normally do and this can show in our behaviours-we might act out or not feel like we care. Other times, it might not be depression. It might just be a random urge or impulse that we felt and acted on, rather than take the time to think about whether it's a good idea to do something or not.

How are you feeling about the incident now?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • anastasiahar_anastasiahar_ Posts: 10 Settling in
    Hello @ellie2000
    The mix offer support with depression I’ve included a link below if you need any support we are here to help.

https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/depression/understanding-depression-5647.html

https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/depression
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,224 Community Veteran
    @Maisy @anastasiahar_ can hearing about activities tht ur stuck how to about it, can tht make u panic n worry and blackout?
    Crazy mad insane
    Do you mean hearing about activities that you are stuck on how to go about doing the activity? I think any time we hear about activities but we don't know how to do them, we may feel a bit anxious. If we knew how to do the activities then we might feel less anxious. And if we feel anxious a lot, we could have a panic attack.

Do you want to talk about the activity that made you panic?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,224 Community Veteran
    @Maisy I was at art n someone was talking to someone, they were looking at activities I could do. Do ppl no tht I'm listening? Tht afternoon I panicked bc I think tht nothings gonna work
    Crazy mad insane
    If they were talking about activities that you could do, then they might not have realised that you were there or that you were listening. Perhaps you can talk to them about how you overheard them talking about the activities that you could do and suggest that either they don't talk about things in front of you or ask you directly what activities you might want to do.

It makes sense that you would panic if you thought that nothing was going to work. It can help to remember that you are strong and can get through a lot of things. And if things are difficult, to know that it's okay to ask for help :)