Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Harry potter

lumosnoxlumosnox Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
edited May 21 in General Chat
Does anyone have a favourite harry potter movie?!
Post edited by Gemma on

Comments

• Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,106 Wise Owl
    oooo good question. while I may not be the biggest harry potter fan, I think my favourite film / the one I remember the best was probably "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" - but I did enjoy most the films (from what I can recall)

Which of the films is your favourite @lumosnox ?
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    i used to think that they all look super attractive in the goblet of fire lol, like hermoine is a total princess and harry looks so sexy and ron looks kinda cute but now i only really find hermoine attracticve lol. in terms of the plot though i love both the deathly hallows. they're dark and cold and sad, especially in comparison to the first one, but they were the most interesting to me i think.
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    i think goblet of fire is great but my favourite is probably the half blood prince
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 697 Incredible Poster
    edited May 21
    Just dropping in to say I've moved your thread to General Chat @lumosnox. :)

It's been so long since I've watched the Harry Potter movies that they're all blending into one a bit for me! Have you ever visited Edinburgh and the cafe where some of the books were written?
  • Options
    @Gemma i havent ever gone there but i would love too one day
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,109 Community Veteran
    @lumosnox I also too love Half Blood Prince but only because of Luna Lovegood's dress at Slughorn's party. I was fortunate to go to the Harry Potter Studios in college as part of my creative media course and I saw some of Luna Lovegood's costumes and they were so amazing!. I think the cardigan she wore was actually hand knitted looking at it and omg it was such inspo for future knitting projects of mine :joy:. I do also love the Philospher's Stone because it is such a classic and I love how young they are too in the first film and also it's magical feel is amazing. Plus I do love the snake scene in the Zoo as well!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    I also bought a pygmy puff as well I think I named him Fred and I also got a chocolate frog necklace from there too which I wear sometimes :)
  • Options
    Orchid059Orchid059 Moderator Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    As a child I always loved the chamber of secrets- I'm not sure why but recently as I've got older I quite like the prisoner of Askaban and Goblet of Fire because I think the CGI in those films are brilliant!
  • Options
    @Orchid059 I also loved the Chamber of Secrects too!!. The prisoner of askaban is also a great movie as well as the goblet of fire.
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 154 Helping Hand
    I do think the final deathly hallows movie is great! But I don't like to watch it often because it makes me sad that the story is over haha =)
  • Options
    IainJammyboyIainJammyboy Posts: 953 Part of The Mix Family
    I love goblet of the fire and also the music for that one is a banger lol
  • Options
    I also have got the first years of the lego harry potter game for my ds as well it even works on my 3ds as well I found out. I used to have magic awakened on my tablet but I found as it was a multilayer game I would have nice people on there and sometimes when I tried to make friends with someone they would be rather rude about it and block sometimes. Hence why I don't play the game anymore. I do miss my good friends on there though. I did roleplay as one of my comfort characters and they were a ravenclaw. I do want to get hogwarts legacy for my switch because you can ride a broom properly as well as being set in the 17th and 18th century which I find awesome and different to the current timeliness of the HP universe.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 870 Part of The Mix Family
    Ohh such a good question id probably have to say the prisoner of Azkaban and i think its it 20yr anniversary this year.I know my local cinema is having showings of it for a week or 2 so mabye I will go. It feels like it just since I’ve been to the cinema!

I feel like they were such a big part of a lot of peoples childhood, but I got into quite late when I was around 14 but I remember having a Harry Potter themed birthday party when I was 14 and I got the Cludeo and I remember it was so hard, I couldn’t play with my friends!

As for games ive had hogwarts mystery on my phone Since like the summer of 2018 and I still haven’t finished it I don’t play consistently but I found myself to bring in and out of it and I just want to finish it so I don’t think I will delete it till i do

What’s everyone’s fav book? This is easy for me the goblet of Fire for sure

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.