Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Out today :)

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,006 Community Veteran
I was out today bowling, it went gd. Wen I booked a taxi it couldn't find us. I noticed that he was getting quiet. I asked if something was wrong. He sed no. I feel tht there was in the background? I h8 it wen ppl look sad
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Sometimes people look sad but might not actually be sad. Other times, people might look sad but don't feel comfortable talking about why they might be feeling this way. There might've been a few reasons for feeling uncomfortable...perhaps the stress or anxiety of the taxi not finding you, not wanting to be late, or feeling uncomfortable in social situations might've played a part.

You did the right thing in noticing that the person might be feeling sad and asking if anything was wrong. But it sounds like either the person felt fine or they didn't feel comfortable telling you. If this is someone you know, you could ask them about it again or let them know that they can talk to you if they want. But beyond that, there's nothing much else you can do.

I hope it doesn't take away from the good time you had bowling though!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Issie_11Issie_11 Moderator Posts: 19 Settling in
    Hey @ellie2000,

It can feel really overwhelming when we can't fully understand other people's moods and emotions, especially if we want to help or cheer them up! You did the right thing by checking in but sometimes the best thing we can do is give the other person some space and usually, they will come to us if they need anything. How are things between you both now? <3