Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mmmmmmm

Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,135 Wise Owl
I give up, want this shit to end, so close to blocking all my contacts and Smashing my phone :/ got told to fucking die and was called a slag by someone on Snapchat yet again. All i do is try to fucking help them, I dont ask to be the mother of the snapchat group. screw my life. Im done, I cba with anything anymore. Life is gonna continue to hurt me. Just gonna cut everyone off and get out of people's lives.

✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨

Comments

• Options
    BensonEBensonE Posts: 102 The Mix Convert
    @Rose113 what happened?
  • Options
    @BensonE lots of stuff happened
  • Options
    Rose113 wrote: »
    @BensonE lots of stuff happened

Let's start at the beginning if you don't mind sharing

How did this all begin?
  • Options
    @Rose113 I think starting at beginning may help
  • Options
    @BensonE im in a Snapchat group, im pretty much the mom of the group. There's lots of us in the group. These are the people in the group:

A
    M
    K
    T
    S
    H

We used to have another M in the group but she turned nasty and got removed. K is always starting arguments for no reason and lies about stuff. K has always hated me, idk why 🤷‍♀️ but im always breaking up arguments or stopping people from attempting all the time. Today people were arguing and once again I broke it up and then K had a go at me and stuff
  • Options
    @Rose113 sounds alot like your the one whom keeps the group together and help those in need
  • Options
    @BensonE yeah but its never good enough
  • Options
    @Rose113 sometimes all we can do is try our best

I once tried to help someone and I stayed up all night with her but it didn't work and she ended up going back to the same situation she was in before I helped her
  • Options
    @BensonE mhm
  • Options
    @Rose113 don't beat your self up, your doing all you can to help that group
  • Options
    @BensonE easier said than done
  • Options
    @Rose113 I know it's not easy

I still struggle
  • Options
    Mhm
  • Options
    @Rose113 I don't know what else to say
  • Options
    @BensonE it's fine <3 am just gonna sit and cry like I have for the past couple of hours 🥲
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    I can really hear how you are struggling at the moment @Rose113 but you have done really well to reach out to us. It sounds like you are feeling like you are being treated unkindly, despite not asking to be the mother of the Snapchat group.

This is really hurtful for you. The arguing sounds particularly difficult for you, especially as it sounds fairly constant with different members of the group (in addition to lies and unkindness etc). I can also hear how you want space from the Snapchat group.

Are there other ways you might be able to get a break from the Snap group, other than smashing your phone? For example, could you put your phone to one side, give your phone to someone else or mute the notifications for this particular Snapchat group?

You don't deserve to be treated with such unkindness and disrespect. We really care about you and can hear you are just trying to help them. Keep reaching out to us, we are all here with you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 I cant leave the group, I dont trust the group to behave for longer than 20 mins of talking to each other
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    Oh no @Rose113. That sounds like a lot of responsibility - especially when you didn't ask for it. Is there another way you think you might be able to manage this responsibility, so it feels more manageable for you as well? It is super important that you also look after yourself :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 628 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Rose113 you've done so well to share this with us. <3

Like @Laura_tigger82 said, it sounds like you're holding a lot of responsibility and heaviness on yourself to keep this group together. This feels like a lot of pressure to be putting on yourself, especially when your acts of kindness are being met with unkindness. Remember it's never your responsibility to keep someone else safe and if the group is making you feel this way, we'd encourage you to take a step back, even if you think this will result in arguments within the group. You have to protect your own mental energy. <3

Nobody has the right to say those horrible things to you either and I can see how this has left you feeling upset. If you would like to, there are ways to report these things to Snapchat - there is a really useful website called Report Harmful Content that guides you through how to report things on different online platforms and they can also offer support if the platform doesn't take appropriate action on something you've reported. Snapchat also have guidance on reporting things themselves.

I'm really hearing how much of a toll this has been taking on you and so I just wanted to check in to see if you're feeling safe today @Rose113?

Keep reaching out, we're here for you. <3
  • Options
    @Gemma I have to look after the group, I need to.

Yeah im safe
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 628 Incredible Poster
    Rose113 wrote: »
    @Gemma I have to look after the group, I need to.

Yeah im safe

I'm hearing how much responsibility you're carrying with you @Rose113. This doesn't sound easy. Is there a reason you feel that you can't take a short break away from the group and put the trust in them to look after themselves? It sounds like the group is weighing on you. <3

Glad to hear you're safe. <3 If the answer to that question ever changes, remember there are lots of lovely services you can reach out to for support:
    *If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Local urgent mental health helpline | Open 24/7 | Find details about your local service here.
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    *Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    *Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.
  • Options
    @Gemma theyd probably wrip each otheres heads off if I wasnt keep an eye on them. Everyday I have to break up 2 arguments on there. :/