Homeβ€Ί Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A reintroduction two years later

sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,064 Wise Owl
Hi guys,

Most of you will probably have seen me on the boards over the past 2 years (particularly the count to 10,000 one πŸ˜‚) but since I've just passed my 2 year anniversary on the Mix (and in true sinead276 fashion, I missed the actual date), I thought what better time to reintroduce myself.

So hi, I'm Sinead, a former psychology student who has been studying a masters in Child and Adolescent Mental Health since September last year. I signed up to the Mix as a volunteer peer supporter to get some experience helping those who need it, but little did I know what an amazing community I would be entering. I have a passion for mental health and doing what I can to help young people who need an ear to listen and a place to be heard (and hopefully I've somewhat done that for some people)

Beyond the land of mental health, I love reading, listening to music (a true Swiftie here - listening to her as I write this), and going for a walk every now and then to clear my head and escape the pressure that is university deadlines and assignments.

So there's a little about me and I just wanted to say how amazing it has been over the past 2 years in being on the boards (when I have had the time) and I've realised this nearly sounds like I'm leaving which is NOT the case. Hopefully I can still help people on here where possible in the future.

No idea how to sign this off but thank youuuu
(if you made to the end, treat yourself to a biscuit or fun snack)

Comments

• Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hey @sinead276 congrats on the anniversary, it's been really great having you on here helping out!

Your studies sound really interesting! I'm also about to start a psychology degree in September!

What's your favourite Taylor Swift song? What do you think of the new album?
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Happy 2 year anniversary @sinead276 and thank u for everything u bring to the community we rlly appreciate all ur support of everyone <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @lunarcat522 - thank you. I'm sure you'll love your psychology degree too. and as for taylors new album - love it (although who doesnt πŸ˜‚), I'd gotta say my favs from the new album are "I can do it with a broken heart" and "chloe or sam or sophie or marcus" , although it changes on a daily basis as per usual

@ebyrne556 - thank youuu. it's been great being here and doing what I can to support people
  • Options
    ameliaJayneameliaJayne Moderator Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    @sinead276 Thank you so much for all your work and support you provide with The Mix. I am sure you will absolutely thrive in the career path you have chosen. You certainly have all the personality attributes it takes to truly make a difference in people's lives.

Best of luck with your masters degree- what an achievement! :3
  • Options
    thank you @ameliaJayne :3
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary @sinead276 it's great to have you here on the boards! <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    Congrats on 2 years @sinead276, here's to many more! :)

If we read your post to the end multiple times, do we get multiple snacks? B)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @amy02 - thank you :3

@Azziman - treat yourself to as many snacks as you wish for as many reads πŸ˜‚ (although read too many times and you'll probably be able to recite my post from heart πŸ˜‚)
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 461 Listening Ear
    edited April 30
    Happy 2 year anniversary @sinead276! Thank you so much for everything you've been doing for the community! We really love having you here on the boards! How is your masters going? :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    @kaii - thank you. As for the masters, it's going well, but also very stressful especially when on a subject as complex as mental health. but it's also very interesting

Hope you're well and sending hugs :3
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    You've got this @sinead276. We all believe in you! Having said that, we are also here to support you through the stress if you want to talk more about what this looks like for you at the moment :)<3
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 - thanks. I'm all good at the moment - just typical end of semester workloads with deadlines coming up and a dissertation to do. But on the whole I'm managing it okay, it's just a time consuming process. Given the however many years I've spent in education, I'd argue I've somewhat become an expert in managing assignmetns.

But thank you to you and everyone else for being supportive. I definitely know to reach out here if I need it too. Hope you're well at the moment too.

Sending hugs
    Sinead
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,135 Part of The Furniture
    That can be a really difficult time @sinead276! Lots of pressure and all due around similar times too. Is there any self-care you can do to manage all that heavy workload and pressure? Even experts can feel the pressures of having to manage time so carefully! And with such little time for yourself too, due to it being a time consuming process. We are all here to support you. I'm well thank you (minus some minor usual health troubles :p) - glad to have a 3 day weekend this week <3