Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling after trauma

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,983 Community Veteran
Why do police make u feel u were able of consent? Wat feelings does the after affects of trauma make ppl become no more

Just wandering
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Heya @ellie2000 how are u doing? Im hearing that ur wondering what feelings come up after trauma. I think it can be different for everyone some mgt be angry some might be sad but its important that u hv a way to process these emotions.What would help you with this? Sometimes it can be diffcult to speak to others especially if they havent taken u seriously before but even writing these feeling down can help a bit
    We r all Here if u want to chat more about things
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 I was thinking about the times I had non-consensual sex. whilst I couldn't sleep, how do I clear my mind of it N think positive?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @ellie2000 i'm so sorry u had to go through this, as this was such an awful thing that happened to u it can feel impossible to clear ur mind because it can make u feel sad, and angry, there's no expectation from ppl that u should feel happy after this happened because u need time to process what happened. U mentioned the police, are they making u feel like what happened wasn't valid/ur fault? because if they are that's very wrong and u should tell someone what they're saying because what happened wasn't ur fault. The best ways to clear ur mind are simply doing things u enjoy, maybe its colouring or listening to music, or even trying a new hobby/tv show uve wanted to, it might not feel like it works at first but it will begin to help u feel distracted. <3
  • Options
    GemmaGemma Community Manager Posts: 610 Incredible Poster
    It is so brave of you to reach out to talk about this @ellie2000 - we're all here for you. <3

This is such a difficult thing to have gone through and you're doing so well to reach out for support. Like @Sunshine12 said, none of this is your fault, you are not to blame, and the way you are feeling now is valid. You are so deserving of support.

It sounds like you might be carrying some emotional weight from the situation and that can be so heavy to carry on our own. <3

Remember you are not alone with this and there are some lovely services you can reach out to chat things through such Safeline, or Rape Crisis. We also run a Support Circle on Thursdays for survivors of sexual violence which you might like to come along to - you can see more about that here.

Keep reaching out <3
  • Options
    BensonEBensonE Posts: 98 Budding Regular
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Why do police make u feel u were able of consent? Wat feelings does the after affects of trauma make ppl become no more

Just wandering

Hiya Ellie

I suffer with child hood trauma and a few adulthood traumas. After mine I felt vulnerable and stupid. However in my cases I ignored red flags for my adult ones and my childhood ones I don't remember how I felt
  • Options
    Sunshine12 wrote: »
    @ellie2000 i'm so sorry u had to go through this, as this was such an awful thing that happened to u it can feel impossible to clear ur mind because it can make u feel sad, and angry, there's no expectation from ppl that u should feel happy after this happened because u need time to process what happened. U mentioned the police, are they making u feel like what happened wasn't valid/ur fault? because if they are that's very wrong and u should tell someone what they're saying because what happened wasn't ur fault. The best ways to clear ur mind are simply doing things u enjoy, maybe its colouring or listening to music, or even trying a new hobby/tv show uve wanted to, it might not feel like it works at first but it will begin to help u feel distracted. <3

Sunshine I totally agree with you what happened to Ellie wasn't her fault

I once had a friend whom had this done to her by her at the time boyfriend and I found out a few days later (he dumped her at this point too) and she said it didn't count because they was dating that wasn't a easy convo to tell her otherwise
  • Options
    @Sunshine12 @BensonE @Gemma @ebyrne556 y do ppl professional confront u wen ur feeling fragile?. I insulted someone n told someone wat I noticed about how ppl act. Coz life told me to b careful.
    If someone do something, they don't relise tht I can recognise triggers.
    Y do I make stuff go BOOM by being honest?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    @ellie2000 that's one of life's mysterys