Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Thesite.org charity band

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
Was having a clear out the other day and came across this. Not sure when this is from or why I have it, maybe a member of staff will remember?
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    That's very interesting @Skive and I find it very cool that TheMix was originally called TheSite during the early 2000's. Maybe we could bring back those bands even maybe do a Mix anniversary
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,319 Part of The Furniture
    I've been kicking around for coming on a decade and I've never seen one of those! @Skive is it a wrist band? Any other writing or messaging on it?
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    edited April 22
    JustV wrote: »
    I've been kicking around for coming on a decade and I've never seen one of those! @Skive is it a wrist band? Any other writing or messaging on it?

It is a wrist band. I’ve got a couple of them actually. I imagine I received them as a prize for post of the week or something similar.

Charity wrist bands were really big in the mid 2000s and almost became fashionable. I imagine they are from that sort of time.

The only other information is a registered charity number: 1048995

Edited to add this.

https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/77281/wristbands

2005 by the looks of it. Not a bad guess.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,017 Community Veteran
    Wow the site looks so so different to what it is today @Skive I love the old school vibe of it a lot too. Its amazing to think they even had a discussion board just for festivals and music!.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,062 Wise Owl
    How interesting and nostalgic to see how the boards looked so many years ago - plus its so cool that you have the wristband from TheSite - a little piece of history :3
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Wow it’s so interesting to see how different the boards looked! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.