Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Its all too much

JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
Hi. I really need a safe place to vent because I can barely cope with life atm...

After doing really well in the first half of my uni semester this year, it all fell apart really bad again. Last coursework I returned wasn't even 1/3 done but after staring at it for hours my brain told me I can't do it and so I gave up. I didn't understand any of it, and I was stressing too much. I just wanted to completely forget about it at that point. I am so behind in my final year project but I have barely any time left, I know I'm gonna struggle to complete it on time (yet alone get a decent grade).
This situation keeps happening again and again, and I'm sick of it. I wish I had more strength to keep going. Why do I always find things so hard to understand? Why is life so hard for me? At this rate I will always struggle in life. I don't see anything after uni, its so vast and uncertain. And I know I won't be able to manage it. I genuinely can't imagine having any job. Its scary. Its even more scary realising how old I already am...

If that wasn't tough enough, I recently found out my mum might have cancer (though unintrusive), and I just found out my dad is seriously ill too. They will both be having surgeries in the next few weeks, and its so scary. My mum has been crying literally non stop the past two days :bawling: The atmosphere is shit, and my brain won't stop buzzing. I can't think and I can't concentrate on anything at all. It all feels so distant and faint, as if my brain can't even process anything. I'm so worried, about everything, including my family's health the most, they're the only people I have near in my life. I'm also really worried about my own health, it isn't great either.

I just want to live in peace, is that too much to ask...

Anyways, thanks for reading my little vent. I'm not expecting any replies or anything. I've been writing everything in my diary, but it can only help so much.
Believe in me - who believes in you

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,011 Community Veteran
    Hey @JJLemon18 I read through your vent and I wanted to say thank you for reaching out on here. Sometimes a good vent is what we all need from time to time and I know how hard it can be venting and trying to get everything out. I'm sorry hear that both of your parents are unwell and the moment. It sounds so tough and stressful for you right now on top of trying to do your university course and final project. It sounds like you have been having a lot of unnecessary thoughts on you right now and I hope you are okay. Keep hanging in there and remember we are here for you.

Sending you a big big hug,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    edited April 17
    Hey @JJLemon18 sounds like things are rlly hard at the minute and really stressful for you. agreeing with what @Amy22 said sometimes just having a vent makes you feel a little bit better
    We are here for you and sending hugs
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Didn't think money will also become a problem right now... everything that could literally go wrong is going wrong at literally the worst time ever! I genuinely can't do it, I can't focus on the work at all. I really will fail at this rate :bawling:
  • Options
    AnonymousToeAnonymousToe Posts: 1,018 Wise Owl
    Don’t panic, I’m not sure exactly how it works but you can always retake the year if you need to. That should be allowed, especially when you’ve got all this other stuff going on and that’s why you can’t do the work as you otherwise would. Big hugs🧡
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe I AM panicking because I really don't want to have wasted this whole year and have to do it all again, but at the same time I spend hours just staring at the work and being unable to do anything. I literally can't get anything done no matter how much I want to :bawling:

Why is life so hard?? Surely I'm not the only one going through such a tough situation, how do other people manage it? Why is the world so difficult for people who are struggling with stuff out of their control??

Ugh I'm feeling so dissociated and paralysed. I'm incredibly tired but I can't sleep. And all I feel like doing is lying down and staring at the celling all day...
  • Options
    @JJLemon18 I get what you mean. I’m currently sort of wasting a year myself, and that was definitely a stressful thought at first. But life isn’t a race, or at least it shouldn’t be. Sometimes stuff happens that isn’t ideal, and we just have to alter our plans slightly for it. If you ask anyone their life story, there will be wasted years, unexpected things, failures, etc. You don’t have to be perfect!

I suppose the other people struggling are trying to keep it hidden, and that might be why it seems like everyone is managing fine? I know it’s hard but try not to compare yourself to other people - everyone copes differently and everyone’s going through different things.
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Why is the world so difficult for people who are struggling with stuff out of their control??
    Because everything is set up by, and for, people with huge advantages. I often feel like there’s no breathing room when things go wrong. It’s so rubbish.

I just wanted to notice the fact you said you did really well earlier this year - that’s amazing, and it shows that you really are capable of more than what you can do right now. I really hope the people at your uni (the tutors or whatever lol) can see that.

The future can feel really overwhelming but I suppose you just have to think of it one step at a time. I can’t imagine ever being able to get a job, but I can imagine the first baby steps towards that. Maybe try looking at it like that?

I know pretty much nothing about money, but is there any support you could look into at uni with that?
  • Options
    Sunshine12Sunshine12 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    @JJLemon18 hey, i'm really sorry to hear what ur going through atm, uni is so stressful and it can feel overwhelming trying to do work and meet deadlines whilst tryna balance everything else, ur doing the best u can atm and u need to give yourself more credit because its obvious u care about doing well n ur rrly trying. Ur uni might be different but do u have a personal tutor u can speak to about this? cause they can help u out and find u suitable support + help u get track of things. Sending love <3
  • Options
    @AnonymousToe @Sunshine12 thank you so much you two! Just writing to let you know I've read your messages and I'll reply properly some time later, I'm currently not in the best headspace to talk, sorry 🧡
  • Options
    No need to apologise @JJLemon18 please take care of yourself 🧡