Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

March achievements, with a theme of happiness!

kaiikaii Posts: 450 Listening Ear
Hi guys, hope everyone’s been keeping well and that your March went great! :smile:

I’m back again to encourage you all to share with the community the victories you achieved this month. And as always, these can take any shape and size, as long as you feel content with what you’ve done, since acknowledging this can help us feel better!

Feel free to write as many achievements as you wish! :3

My achievements this month:
- challenged myself to join a discord server to practice my Japanese with other people
- managed to gain closure from an unexpected situation
- successfully conducted a parent focus group despite all the stress the recruitment and preparation gave me
- started to make some more time for what I love, like playing the piano, practicing Japanese and drawing

And as for this month’s theme, again there’s quite a lot of things that happened which relate to mental health! There were events such as University Mental Health Day (https://www.unimentalhealthday.co.uk/), International Day of Happiness (https://www.un.org/en/observances/happiness-day), Neurodiversity Celebration Week (https://www.neurodiversityweek.com/), and more!

So I wanted to ask everyone, what makes you smile? And what does happiness mean to you?

From the top of my head, my little sister makes me smile because we have funny conversations with each other – there’s never a dull moment with them. And just feeling present and connected during a conversation with a friend makes me feel warm inside. Happiness to me, means being at peace with what happened back then, what’s currently happening now, being at peace with yourself, others (especially those who have wronged you), and being at peace with what the universe has in store for us in the future.

And if anyone has any ideas of what the theme could be for next month/what theme you want, don’t hesitate to let me know!

Great, great, great job for getting through March, and I hope April works in your favour!

Kai <3
cinnamoroll supremacy : )

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,997 Community Veteran
    Congrats @kaii on managing to achieve the things you wanted this month. Mega proud and I am also super proud of everyone else for getting through this month.

I think a major achievement for me this month was basically just being here really and also I think asking my mentor about a possible extended contract eventhough they haven't come back to me yet. I also did a training session as well actually two sessions. I found them super helpful as well for my career.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    lunarcat522lunarcat522 Posts: 412 Listening Ear
    I did a presentation in front of around 60 people, I got my unconditional offer for university and I've been trying to take initiative with my mental health

I also started a job doing student tutoring
  • Options
    Katie12Katie12 Posts: 243 Trailblazer
    well done for everyone on their achievements they are all amazing!
    For me, my biggest achievement is finishing all of my final uni assignments!!! (Only my dissertation and exams left to go :blush: )!
    I'd have to say it is my dog that always makes me smile! she is always doing something to make me laugh :lol:
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Amazing achievements everyone so proud of u all! Cant believe it’s almost April already.My big one is passing my theory test! My practical is in June so thats fun but nerve wracking haha
    I agree with @Katie12 my doggy has brought a lot of happiness this month as she always does lol
    Also i rediscovered my old 3ds and am loving tomodachi life haha forgot how fun it was idk if anyone else played it? Hope everyone has a lovely April and that it gets warmer! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @ebyrne556 Loved tomodatchi life! Also had games on my 2ds like nintendogs which I absolutely loved
  • Options
    kaiikaii Posts: 450 Listening Ear
    edited March 31
    @Amy22, well done! I'm glad that you've done the training sessions, it sounds like it will benefit you career wise! And being present and getting through each day is an achievement itself - awesome job for sticking with yourself :smile:

@lunarcat522, woah that's incredible! Doing a presentation in front of 60 people is certainly not easy at all, and it's amazing that you got an unconditional offer at a uni! I'm really happy that you've given yourself some self care this month. How has student tutoring been? It's great that you've been giving time to help students! I hope it's going well! :smile:

@Katie12, aaaa congrats for finishing all your uni assignments! Best of luck with your dissertation and exams, it's the final stretch now, you've got this!! And yess, I can imagine having a dog multiplies the happiness by x1000!

@ebyrne556, congrats for passing your theory test! I've also passed (after cramming all content in 3 weeks which I don't recommend) so I understand how difficult and nerve-wracking it must have been taking the test! Best of luck with your practical in June! You've still got a while until then, and I'm sure that you're going to be completely ready by then! And I absolutely love that feeling when you rediscover your old possessions! I didn't have a 3DS nor played tomodachi life, but I've seen videos about it and it's so so cute and fun! It gives you such a warm and happy feeling inside :3

I'm so so proud of you all, hope April will be warm and great for you! :3<3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • Options
    @kaii Thank you! Student tutoring has been pretty good, it's only 1 person so far but I'm glad I've got myself out there! It's a bit difficult because I'm doing a slightly different/more advanced course and the content I'm trying to help with I've actually not done in my courses! Love doing anything psychology/sociology though, not so much any of the other stuff