Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

When would my GP send me to hospital for my mental health

AngelAngel Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
I have been struggling with my mental health and I have been trying to be really honest with my GP but I can't tell them because I'm worried they might admit me to hospital. But my teacher explained to me that it's hard to get sectioned because I have to be bad for them to. So now I feel like I can trust them and tell them about how I feel.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Heya @Angel I dont think we have ever spoken before so hiya :)
    Just wanted to say well done for noticing that things have been difficult recently and thats a really positive and not easy step to open up to your teacher and also feel that you can tell your GP.Is their anything that might help you to open up to them? Normally the GP will discuss other options with you first. We are here for you and Sending hugs <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Hey there,

It's really good that you want to be honest with your GP about your mental health. You've made a great start by talking to your teacher and it's good to know that you feel a bit more reassured.

Many people struggle with mental health, and it can be difficult to talk about, especially if you worry about being sectioned. But your teacher is right- it's not easy to get sectioned. Often times you would have to be in a mental health crisis and a danger to yourself or to others. For more information on being sectioned, you can check out our article here: https://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/depression/being-sectioned-5844.html

You could mention your worries about being sectioned to your GP and they might be able to explain things a bit better. Your GP should also talk you through your options of support and treatment for mental health as well.

Hope this helps a bit :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.