Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

living n landlords

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,984 Community Veteran
is it usual tht ppl let u live rent free or do landlords make mistakes on purpose. wats housing benefit n universal credit. wen ppl tell me stuff n they say tht they livid, i get frustrated. why dont ppl (1st person) tell me, why do i hav to hear frm a second person nd y do things play on my mind wen i cant do anything, is it worth goin to the C.Advice
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    is it worth calling a landlord a POS to their face?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Dw all gd now 😀
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
    Glad it's all been sorted now @ellie2000, these things can be complicated so it's great you reached out here.

Citizens Advice can be a great place to reach out to for things like this as they know a lot about housing rights and things related to housing benefits and universal credit.

I've found a few links on this on the Government website about housing benefit and universal credit if you need it in the future :)

Universal credit - https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit
    Housing benefit - https://www.gov.uk/housing-benefit

I hope this is helpful <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @Allie as they say. Would a hefty bit of paper come our way soon, if it not OK?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 645 Incredible Poster
    In some cases, some people do live rent free (on certain benefits, living in council housing etc) but if it was a mistake, then I imagine they would work out how much you have to pay and send you bill. If you are at all concerned then contacting your local citizens advice might help :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    @Allie as they say. Would a hefty bit of paper come our way soon, if it not OK?

Hi, i havent been on here in years, i had an email saying i was mentioned. I have no idea why I am being mentioned?
  • Options
    Rose113Rose113 Community Champion Posts: 1,092 Wise Owl
    @Allie I think you got accidently tagged instead of @Aife :)
    ✨ Just a stupid worthless freak ready to give up ✨
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Ahh no worries, i was so confused 😂