Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No facial expressions when talking

dyoverdxdyoverdx Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
I am on quite a few meds especially anti epileptics. I want to stop this. Does anyone relate?
“Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore.”

Comments

• Options
    As in my mouth would be moving but my face is frozen.
  • Options
    amy02amy02 Moderator Posts: 124 The Mix Convert
    Hey @dyoverdx sorry to hear <3 Though I'm unfamiliar with this, I just wanted to check in to see if you've been able to ask your GP?
  • Options
    I’ve got an appointment soon so I’ll ask the doctor then.
  • Options
    knej23knej23 Posts: 33 Boards Initiate
    Hi @dyoverdx did you manage to speak to a GP?
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    For some people, it can be normal to have less facial expressions/appear less animated. There is nothing necessarily wrong with this and if anyone else has a problem with your facial expressions then that is on them- they need to learn that some people are naturally this way. Some people find that practicing in front of a mirror can help them to make facial expressions during conversation. However, this often takes a lot of effort and as I said above, if others take offence, this problem is about them not you. You shouldn't have to force yourself to try to be anything but yourself. You may also naturally find yourself being more expressive when talking about things that you find really interesting or people you feel more comfortable with.

It's definitely worth talking to your doctor about, particularly if you think it might be a result of the medication you are on. Keep us updated <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.